Skip to main content Skip to footer site map

Profile for GiantsInTheSky2

GiantsInTheSky2 Profile Photo
Member Name: GiantsInTheSky2
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

BCEFA Broadway Legends Ornament 2020: Norma Desmond  Nov 27 2020, 05:52:09 PM

This year’s ornament is Glenn Close as Norma Desmond! Anyone going to purchase? I definitely will be, because Sunset is one of my favorite films and musicals, and I would like to support the industry during this season. I know some people collect all of these, which do you have in your collection already?

Order the ornament here!

“I’m sure Norma Desmond would be thrilled to be a g

"MA RAINEY'S BLACK BOTTOM" on Netflix  Nov 24 2020, 10:54:04 AM
I cannot get over how incredible it is that Denzel Washington is producing adaptations of each play in the Century Cycle. I can’t wait to watch this. Not only is August Wilson one of my favorite playwrights, but this cast is major.

SCHOOL GIRLS Benefit Reading 12/13, Featuring Cynthia Erivo, Amber Riley, and More  Nov 24 2020, 12:01:33 AM
Not that weird, actually. It’s a benefit reading. The women cast were cast for a reason. Why would someone pay money to see/hear people read a play that they already saw a professionally recorded production of? Erivo & Riley are names that will get people to pay.

Chad Kimball  Nov 21 2020, 12:16:12 AM
Are you implying that he...shouldn’t feel shame for what he’s putting out there? Right now? After so many lives have been lost?

Chad Kimball  Nov 18 2020, 02:43:48 AM

Edit: double post

Chad Kimball  Nov 18 2020, 02:23:21 AM

Kad said: "I think that Kimball is a troubled person, and if things I’ve long heard about him are true, then many folks in the industry are probably aware of it."

Many are. His sobriety was what got him back into people’s good graces, and now, well...maybe Bryan Fenkart can step into Come From Away?

Side note - something about this wording in the JustJared article really tickled me: “For those that don't know, Chad 

Jay's ANYONE CAN WHISTLE recording is  Nov 11 2020, 11:30:00 AM
New tweet from John Barrowman about this release-

“ Hey #fanfamily don’t buy this recording. The record company #jayrecords claim they never make money. They did a deal with us years ago when we were all desperate to make recordings. If they are not going to make money on this, why release it? Re negotiate. Jb”

https://twitter.com/johnbarrowman/status/1326422395473825793?s=21

Mary Poppins the "Definitive" Supercalifragilistic 2020 Cast Recording  Nov 8 2020, 08:54:49 AM

davp said: "Does anyone know if this live performance was professionally filmed when they were recording the audio? Just wondering if we can expect to see a video of the production at some point down the road, or maybe after it eventually closes."

I think that was rumored when this revival was announced - that they’re bringing it back in the UK to film professionally at some point. Same for Beauty and the Beast rumored revival.

Mary Poppins the "Definitive" Supercalifragilistic 2020 Cast Recording  Nov 8 2020, 08:54:48 AM

davp said: "Does anyone know if this live performance was professionally filmed when they were recording the audio? Just wondering if we can expect to see a video of the production at some point down the road, or maybe after it eventually closes."

I think that was rumored when this revival was announced - that they’re bringing it back in the UK to film professionally at some point. Same for Beauty and the Beast rumored revival.

re: Grey Gardens was robbed!!  Nov 6 2020, 07:16:01 PM
I’m more disappointed that the announced West End production never materialized.

Mary Poppins the "Definitive" Supercalifragilistic 2020 Cast Recording  Nov 6 2020, 08:36:27 AM
I guess I just don’t know the cast recordings/productions well enough to determine why this is the “definitive” recording. The Australian production also had a live cast recording and features changes made since the London production.

Are there any big changes to the West End revival? Or does he consider these performance to be definitive?

re: Grey Gardens was robbed!!  Nov 3 2020, 06:57:24 AM
Normally I find random bumping of 10+ year-old threads odd...but, with the time we’re living in and the fact that Grey Gardens was truly robbed and underrated, I have no choice but to wholeheartedly agree.

Broadway Cast moral code?  Oct 31 2020, 02:52:15 PM
I worked for fitness company (that many Broadway actors worked for as well) and while it was highly discouraged to not engage with each other in a relationship sense, it was happening all the time. So no, it’s not unheard of to have that clause in a contract. It can make a work environment uncomfortable or difficult (as most relationships have their ups and downs) and companies don’t want their employees to have conflict or personal issues getting in the way of their professional duties.

Now is the time to plan transitioning theatre to worldwide audiences.  Oct 29 2020, 06:43:59 AM
I don’t think anyone has ever said that a professionally filmed Broadway production substitutes the real thing - just like how no one says that a studio album or TV special substitutes a musical artists’ touring performance. If anything (as stated recently) these things attract people to experience them live - because they know it’s completely different. Had my parents never seen the filmed OBC of Into the Woods, they probably would have never bought tickets to bring my brother and I to the revi

Shuffle Along lawsuit- resolution?  Oct 23 2020, 07:45:01 AM

gypsy101 said: "so they didn’t get any money?

i’m still mad they didn’t produce a cast recording if only for the fact that Adrienne Warren’s performance of I’m Craving for That Kind of Love still haunts my memories 4.5 years later and the fact that it went unrecorded is a crime against humanity on par with human trafficking.
"

It wasn’t even on the soundboard sampler sent out to Tony voters. So weird. 

Beetlejuice Opening in Seoul, South Korea in June 2021  Oct 20 2020, 10:21:53 AM

ACL2006 said: "On another note, wonder what the diehard fans think? Will a few actually try and fly to Korea to go see this?"

I highly doubt any of these teenagers will be flying over. They barely had money to see the show in person.

FLYING OVER SUNSET pushed to fall 2021  Oct 13 2020, 09:31:23 PM

JBroadway said: "Glad to see that they're also maintaining their commitment to Intimate Apparel - I was very much looking forward to that one."

Agreed! So happy that these are both still slated to open. 

MJ Postponed to September 2021  Oct 13 2020, 09:30:11 PM
Yikes on yikes. We’ll see how this turns out.

The Boys in the Band to premiere on Netflix, Wed. 9/30  Oct 2 2020, 08:32:17 AM

raddersons said: "Just watched this and enjoyed it. Didn't catch it on Broadway.

What's the deal with Jim Parsons? Why was he just mad Sheldon?
"

He’s kind of a one-trick pony when it comes to characterization. He was the same thing in “Hollywood” on Netflix. 

Palace Theatre construction  Sep 15 2020, 04:26:31 PM
What is the realistic probably of the theater being raised? I’m wondering it’s more or less the bare bones of the Palace than the full house and proscenium.

You must log in to view off-topic posts.