Skip to main content Skip to footer site map

Profile for Call_me_jorge

Call_me_jorge Profile Photo
Member Name: Call_me_jorge
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

Roles Donna Murphy can play on Tuesday nights as the alternate  Sep 18 2020, 01:05:14 PM
What roles will Donna Murphy get to knock out of the park on Tuesday nights only?
I was thinking maybe Desiree Armfeldt as the alternate for Emma Thompson

The Music Man is up on the Marquee!!  Sep 17 2020, 03:29:04 PM

The Music Man has started making The Winter Garden it’s home.

Hope we get to see this open sooner than later...

trouble  Sep 15 2020, 01:39:50 PM

Highland Guy said: "Call_me_jorge said: "Itis people like Mr. Roxy who make me thankful theirgeneration will be long forgotten soon and for good reason."

THEmost outrageously ageist comment I've yet to read on BWW.
"

I just be spittin fax

Typos  Sep 15 2020, 12:29:10 PM

It is people like Mr. Roxy who make me thankful their generation will be long forgotten soon and for good reason. 

Broadway in Chicago- Six and Moulin Rouge updates?  Sep 14 2020, 07:36:49 PM
You’re exactly right, but I’m mostly wondering why there hasn’t been any official cancellation announcements yet.

Broadway in Chicago- Six and Moulin Rouge updates?  Sep 14 2020, 05:12:57 PM

After hearing that Six will continue to go ahead starting in November across the pond, I wonder if Equity and the city of Chicago will let the Chicago production to begin performances beginning November. I just think its kind of unusual there have been no updates regarding Six and for that matter, Moulin Rouge which is supposed to begin performances in December over here. Any word on if they are actually still planning on going ahead with these two shows or if they are still in the process of

Where are touring sets currently at?  Sep 11 2020, 12:28:04 PM

HogansHero said: "this is a good time to mention again that there are no rules. There is no monolith that decides how to deal with things. Does the original question really expect an answer? Now if one asked "where is the set that was in x venue, there could be an answer. But to the question posed, no answer. We seem to have a disproportionately high number of this type of question nowadays. Maybe it is one of the many covid 19 symptoms that is only now being discovered.&qu

Where are touring sets currently at?  Sep 10 2020, 03:40:11 PM
Are they still set up at the last theatre they performed in or have they been put into storage?

Space, Sci-Fi and Broadway  Sep 4 2020, 06:10:48 PM
I think sci fi story like Arrival, Interstellar, or The Martian could be well suited for the stage since they are primarily character driven and don’t really rely on big flash cgi stuff to get their message across.

If one musical survives 200 years from now  Sep 3 2020, 05:57:26 PM
I’d like to expand this out to plays performed in the last 100 years. I think To Kill A Mockingbird might outlive the book. And I say that similar to why I say Hamilton will still be culturally relevant in 200 years. It will be continuously taught in the curriculum for our youth.

Dear Evan Hansen movie?  Sep 1 2020, 08:26:32 PM

Seems really out of left field considering the other names be thrown out there. What wonders Kate Winslet or Toni Collette could’ve done to this role.

What is your Most loved Episode from any TV show   Aug 30 2020, 04:09:59 PM
The season 4 episode “Constant” from Lost is my personal favorite

Dear Evan Hansen movie?  Aug 28 2020, 02:30:44 PM

Love Amy and I concur that I hope they expand her role for the film. I was thinking, Cynthia might be a good character to write an academy award winning song for. Hope we find out her Larry soon. I was thinking the other day that I wouldn’t mind Chris Messina as Larry.

Fun With Dick and Jane the Musical (?)  Aug 27 2020, 12:14:55 AM
That seems like a very old website and much of the data they have on it is from 2006. They probably aren’t working on this project, even if they’re still alive. I mean, I haven’t even heard of any of those names. Also, what a sketchy way of getting investors. They must’ve been really desperate.

Helene Yorke Playbill Listing  Aug 24 2020, 02:44:52 PM

Do actors even write their own biographies? I’d imagine their agents do and they barely get any say what goes in it besides thanking family or loved ones. 

Amandla Stenberg Cast in DEAR EVAN HANSEN Film  Aug 21 2020, 02:43:33 PM

BroadwayNYC2 said: "A reality show isn’t a film. Cast members couldn’t light themselves and film. They won’t do this and there’s no point speculating. "

What reality show did I mention in my post?

NBC Broadway Special?  Aug 21 2020, 02:42:14 PM
I’m curious to see how this will turnout now that the tony awards are still going forward.

Dear Evan Hansen movie?  Aug 21 2020, 11:43:58 AM
It will never happen considering the route they’re going for with the races of the characters, but I’d love to see Heather Headley as Cynthia. Brian D’Arcy James is probably a given for Larry.
If they’re expanding Alanas role, I wonder if we might see more of a backstory to her and might see her parents make it into the film.

74th Annual Tony Awards will go digital this fall  Aug 21 2020, 11:38:02 AM

jacobsnchz14 said: "Ugh. The fact that Six barely missed the chance to slip in there..."

As this thread suggests, even had Six opened on March 11th instead of the 12th they still wouldn’t have been eligible since not enough nominatiors and/or voters got the chance to see it.

74th Annual Tony Awards will go digital this fall  Aug 21 2020, 11:30:44 AM
Considering how people on this board reacted to my previous thread about this, it isn’t the news they’ve been waiting for.

You must log in to view off-topic posts.