Skip to main content Skip to footer site map

Profile for ACL2006

ACL2006 Profile Photo
Member Name: ACL2006
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

2021 now looking bleak for potential U.S. theater reopening  Oct 29 2020, 03:02:33 PM

Sutton Ross said: "Next Fall or Winter is still very possible."

And with more breakthroughs with treatment, I think this is becoming a more obtainable target date.

Seth Rudetsky’s “Stars In The House” Concerts  Oct 29 2020, 12:39:08 PM
The Hair concert reunion on Tuesday was great! Seth said they'll do a part 2 with other cast members as well. They're also planning reunions of most of the Actor's Fund concerts like Chess, Funny Girl and Dreamgirls.

Broadway League To Announce Further Broadway Closure til May 30th  Oct 28 2020, 11:15:50 PM

i think the majority of Broadway shows that reopen will have a few cast changes take place.

Antonio in CHICAGO is a LIE!  Oct 25 2020, 11:50:38 AM
The casting of Deidre Goodwin as Sheila in ACL was an interesting read back in the day. Couldn't find it to dig it up again.

Antonio Banderas set to direct and star in Company  Oct 22 2020, 08:44:35 PM

Assuming since it's not opening until a year from now that that was just a preview concert. 

Antonio Banderas set to direct and star in Company  Oct 22 2020, 06:41:11 PM

Can't imagine this being any good. His Zach was terrible. The one bright side to the pandemic was his Spanish version of A Chorus Line isn't transferring now.

Netflix's THE PROM trailer premieres 10/22  Oct 22 2020, 12:45:56 PM
Corden looks awful in the role. Otherwise everything else looks great!

Handful Of Vegas Shows Reopening  Oct 22 2020, 08:38:20 AM

It appears that some of the smaller shows will start up in November. No Cirque shows just yet.

re: LANE'S REPLACEMENT IN THE PRODUCERS  Oct 20 2020, 09:34:16 PM

The stage version was written for Lane. There weren't many replacements or anyone on tour that could match his humor or timing.

Seth Rudetsky’s “Stars In The House” Concerts  Oct 20 2020, 06:30:32 AM

They've mentioned certain reunions of shows that still haven't happened yet. Could be due to certain cast members not being available or not responding. They could easily just cut down to Mon-Thur now, though I'm sure their thought process is fewer shows = fewer donations.

Seth Rudetsky’s “Stars In The House” Concerts  Oct 19 2020, 08:31:20 PM

I'm beginning to think they're running out of guests/reunions to do. Quite often they've gone dark one weeknight and this week they won't have a show on Wed or Thurs. How much longer do they keep this going?

Beetlejuice Opening in Seoul, South Korea in June 2021  Oct 19 2020, 08:27:04 PM

Kind of jealous that Korea has theaters open and shows are being able to perform.

On another note, wonder what the diehard fans think? Will a few actually try and fly to Korea to go see this?

Doreen Montalvo Mann Has a Stroke  Oct 17 2020, 07:00:17 PM

Was lucky to see Doreen's Abuela on one of the rare times she went on. Her "Paciencia Y Fe" is out there is you wish to view it.

Doreen Montalvo Mann Has a Stroke  Oct 17 2020, 05:40:36 PM

ahhrealmonsters said: "I am very sad to share that Doreen passed away. I've been reading many memories sharedon Facebook from several mutual friends."

I'm heartbroken to hear this. So terribly sad.

Now is the time to plan transitioning theatre to worldwide audiences.  Oct 16 2020, 11:49:31 AM

There should really be a streaming service that charges a monthly fee to stream closed shows. Just a short list, but if the following were available, I'd imagine there would be a solid subscription base: Midler's Hello Dolly, Bettlejuice, Nathan Lane's The Producers, The Color Purple revival, Spamalot OBC, etc.

2020 Tony Nominations Thread  Oct 16 2020, 11:38:54 AM

Robyn Hurder is so underrated, I'm thrilled for her Tony nomination. Her Cassie at City Center was one of the best I've ever witnessed. 

2020 Tony Nominations Thread  Oct 15 2020, 10:04:21 PM

Now that the nominations are out, can we speculate when the ceremony will actually be held? Will there be performances from the three nominated musicals?

2020 Tony Nominations Thread  Oct 15 2020, 04:03:01 PM
I mean, Tveit can always refuse the award.

2020 Tony Nominations Thread  Oct 15 2020, 01:43:44 PM
I'd be curious to hear why McCarrell wasn't nominated. Did he not get one vote? I figured Lightning Thief would had two nominations, Best Score and Leading Actor. Yes it was a terrible show, but considering the lack of eligible shows, I figured they'd get two by default.

2020 Tony Nominations Thread  Oct 15 2020, 12:51:35 PM

For those that didn't see it; Yes, Lightning Thief was that bad.

You must log in to view off-topic posts.