Ed Asner and Kate Burton to Star in East Coast Tour of THE SOAP MYTH for Holocaust Remembrance Day
The tour will begin on Monday, January 22, 2018 in Miami Beach Florida, and will conclude on Thursday, February 1 at Hofstra University on Long Island.
The complete schedule of performances is as follows:
- Tuesday, January 23rd - The Adolph and Rose Levis JCC, 21050 95th Avenue South, Boca Raton, FL. Click here for tickets and more information.
- Wednesday, January 24th - The Parker Playhouse, 707 NE 8th Street, Fort Lauderdale, FL. Click here for tickets and more information.
- Saturday, January 27th - The Zeiterion Performing Arts Center, 684 Purchase Street, New Bedford, MA. Click here for tickets and more information.
- Tuesday January 30th - Museum of Jewish Heritage - A Living Memorial to the Holocaust, 36 Battery Place, New York City. Click here for tickets and more information.
- Wednesday, January 31st - Congregation Rodeph Shalom, 615 N. Broad Street, Philadelphia, PA. Click here for tickets and more information.
- Thursday, February 1st - Hofstra Hillel, Hofstra University - Student Center Theater | Mack Student Center, 200 Hofstra University, Hempstead, NY 11549. Click here for tickets and more information.
Mr. Asner, who is beloved for the character of Lou Grant and the 2009 feature film UP, will perform the role of Holocaust survivor Milton Saltzman and Ms. Burton, adored for her performance A. Ellis Grey on the hit show "Grey's Anatomy," will perform the roles of Holocaust scholar Esther Feinman and Holocaust denier Brenda Goodsen.
The Soap Myth takes place more than a half century after the end of WWII when a young journalist sets out to write an article about a cantankerous Holocaust survivor and his crusade regarding the Nazi atrocity of soap. The play dramatically explores how a person survives and questions who has the right to write history - those who have lived it and remember, those who study and protect it, or those who would seek to distort and desecrate its very existence.
The Soap Myth was originally produced Off-Broadway at the Roundabout Theater in 2012 by the National Jewish Theater Foundation. A film of that production was broadcast nationally on PBS and is in the permanent collection of Britain's Digital Theatre.
More Hot Stories For You
For the second year in a row, Hamilton will host a special fan performance on Thursday, October 31 at the Richard Rodgers Theatre on Broadway, with al... (read more)
Breaking: Ethan Slater, Gavin Lee & More Will Reunite to Film SPONGEBOB for Nickelodeon
Following a critically lauded run on Broadway, members of the original award-winning Broadway company of The SpongeBob Musical: Live On Stage! will re... (read more)
BWW Photo Exclusive: Adam Pascal Stars In THE MUSIC MAN At 5-Star Theatricals
Tony nominee Adam Pascal stars as Professor Harold Hill in the first show of the 5-Star Theattricals 2019-2020 season, THE MUSIC MAN.... (read more)
MOULIN ROUGE To Head To The West End in 2021
The blockbuster Broadway hit, Moulin Rouge, will be heading to the West End in 2021!... (read more)
Tony Nominee Jenn Colella Will Depart COME FROM AWAY in November
BroadwayWorld has just learned that Jenn Colella, original cast member of Come From Away, will depart the musical next month. Colella was Tony-nominat... (read more)
Exclusive: Get A First Look At Teal Wicks, Bobby Conte Thornton, And More In LAST DAYS OF SUMMER
BroadwayWorld has a first look at the new musical LAST DAYS OF SUMMER, presented by George Street Playhouse and directed by Jeff Calhoun (NEWSIES, GRE... (read more)