New Book from Greenbranch Publishing Guides Physicians and Healthcare Practices in Digital and Social Media Risk Management
PHOENIX, Md., Oct. 12, 2018 /PRNewswire/ †Electronic medical records, websites, cellphones, email, and social media have created tricky new legal problems for healthcare practices.† The digital world, namely social media, offers healthcare practices a vehicle to attract patients and potential employees but also presents risk to healthcare providers.
Although physicians, practice managers, administrators, and risk managers of practices and health systems know these issues are important, there is a dizzying array of issues (and interpretation) on the Web.†
This essential book will give you peace of mind by flagging areas of risk - and then provide guidance and templates to address the risk.
Find out what's important, and what's not, in this easy-to-use guide.† Selected topics include:
- No more guessing: A Social Media Policy for Your Employees
- Reviewing the social media profiles of employment candidates? We'll give you state by state guidelines.
- Train Your Employees on Cyber Security Basics
- Don't Let Your Website Turn into a Law Suit
- The only Mobile Device Policy you'll need
- How you can be hacked through your website, "Contact Us" feature.
- "I know the perfect guy for you. He put together the website for our church." How to select a website designer
- The skinny on SSL Certificates and why you need one
- Who Owns the Content in our website?
- Patient photos on your site
- Are generic HIPAA training models enough?
- Focus on the Biggest Cyber Risks First - we'll give you the roadmap
- BONUS! Templates for your mobile device policy, social media policy, business associate agreement, photo and video release, plus others!
Table of Contents
Introduction: Patients, Physicians, and Social Media: The State of the State
Social Media and the Ghost of Employees, Present and Future
The Content You Create - Internal Risks and Management
Patient Satisfaction and Online Reviews-Managing Risk and Your Online Presence
1. Business Associate Agreement
2. Pop-Up Notice on Website Prior to a Patient Communicating with Your Office
4. Healthcare Practice Security Policy
5. Photograph and Video Release
6. Social Media Policy for the Healthcare Practice
7. Mobile Device Policy
8. Data and Electronic Sanitation and Disposal Policy
About Michael J. Sacopulos
Michael J. Sacopulos, JD, is the CEO of Medical Risk Institute (MRI).† Medical Risk Institute provides proactive counsel to the healthcare community to identify where liability risks originate, and to reduce or remove these risks. He was selected as the 2016 "Lawyer of the Year" in the practice area of Medical Malpractice Law for Indiana for MGMA.† Michael has written for Wall Street Journal, Forbes, Bloomberg, The Journal of Medical Practice Management, and is a frequent speaker on the national scene.
About Susan Gay
Susan Gay is a medical publisher and content strategist with over 30 years experience in medical publishing leadership. She is also the co-author, along with Kevin Pho, MD, of Establishing, Managing, and Protecting Your Online Reputation:† A Social Media Guide for Physicians and Medical Practices published by Greenbranch Publishing.
About Greenbranch Publishing
Greenbranch Publishing, with headquarters in Phoenix, Maryland, is a privately held firm founded in 1998. The company is a leading media company and publisher of medical practice management, compliance and patient safety titles, in print and eBook, periodicals and webinars for physicians, practice administrators, and office practice managers. More information at (800) 933-3711 or at www.greenbranch.com.
View original content to download multimedia:http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/new-book-from-greenbranch-publishing-guides-physicians-and-healthcare-practices-in-digital-and-social-media-risk-management-300730009.html
SOURCE Greenbranch Publishing