2020-2021 Touring Season- Page 22

Mike Barrett  Profile PhotoMike Barrett  Profile Photo
Mike Barrett
Broadway Legend
joined:4/13/13
Broadway Legend
joined:
4/13/13
2020-2021 Touring Season#526
Posted: 3/16/20 at 1:07pm

Not on social media at all so I haven't seen anything, is Boston not announcing tonight anymore? Id presume this is the case but it'd actually be nice to have an announcement to have something to look forward to. We shall see. 

bdboston
Featured Actor
joined:12/13/06
Featured Actor
joined:
12/13/06
2020-2021 Touring Season#527
Posted: 3/16/20 at 6:22pm

Boston's lineup:

 

Frozen
September 9 - October 4, 2020
 
Tootsie
October 20 - November 1, 2020

To Kill a Mockingbird
January 5 - 17, 2021
 
The Cher Show
January 19 - 31, 2021

Jesus Christ Superstar
February 9 - 21, 2021
 
My Fair Lady
March 30 - April 11, 2021
A
in't Too Proud
June 8 - 27, 2021
 
Hamilton
July 6 - September 5, 2021

Dear Evan Hansen
May 4 - 30, 2021

Bigserver1
Chorus Member
joined:6/24/19
Chorus Member
joined:
6/24/19
2020-2021 Touring Season#528
Posted: 3/17/20 at 12:38am
Tempe, AZ

THE BAND'S VISIT

September 15–20, 2020

HAMILTON

Performances begin October 13, 2020
Subscriber week is October 13–18, 2020

Rodgers & Hammerstein's OKLAHOMA!

December 1–6, 2021

HADESTOWN
January 12–17, 2021

MY FAIR LADY

February 9–14, 2021

TOOTSIE

March 16–21, 2021

Disney's FROZEN
April 8–25, 2021

TO KILL A MOCKINGBIRD
June 8–13, 2021

Season Option

JERSEY BOYS

May 21–23, 2021

Won’t lie, this is a hell of a season. Really excited for 20-21!


BLs68
Understudy
joined:7/29/18
Understudy
joined:
7/29/18
2020-2021 Touring Season#529
Posted: 3/17/20 at 6:10am
Philly’s official announcement was postponed but the Hadestown team didn’t get the memo. The Philly dates posted on the Hadestown website are July 27-Aug 8, 2021!
Mike Barrett  Profile PhotoMike Barrett  Profile Photo
Mike Barrett
Broadway Legend
joined:4/13/13
Broadway Legend
joined:
4/13/13
2020-2021 Touring Season#530
Posted: 3/17/20 at 10:58am

bdboston said: "Boston's lineup:



Frozen
September 9 - October 4, 2020

Tootsie
October 20 - November 1, 2020

To Kill a Mockingbird
January 5 - 17, 2021

The Cher Show
January 19 - 31, 2021

Jesus Christ Superstar
February 9 - 21, 2021

My Fair Lady
March 30 - April 11, 2021
A
in't Too Proud
June 8 - 27, 2021

Hamilton
July 6 - September 5, 2021

Dear Evan Hansen
May 4 - 30, 2021
"

Solid season, but not Oklahoma, Hadestown, or The Prom are a major bummer. Especially at the prices they charge, getting the non equity Jesus Christ Superstar tour is a bit disappointing then taking away a season extra to have Hamilton again in the subscription. Idk maybe I'm being too picky but Boston has really disappointed me with their last 3 seasons, PPAC in Providence has been doing much better with their overall lineups and variant than Boston has. Not super impressed with this but do acknowledge it could be worse. 

ElphabaGoodman
Leading Actor
joined:4/2/10
Leading Actor
joined:
4/2/10
2020-2021 Touring Season#531
Posted: 3/17/20 at 11:24am

Mike Barrett said: "bdboston said: "Boston's lineup:



Frozen
September 9 - October 4, 2020

Tootsie
October 20 - November 1, 2020

To Kill a Mockingbird
January 5 - 17, 2021

The Cher Show
January 19 - 31, 2021

Jesus Christ Superstar
February 9 - 21, 2021

My Fair Lady
March 30 - April 11, 2021
A
in't Too Proud
June 8 - 27, 2021

Hamilton
July 6 - September 5, 2021

Dear Evan Hansen
May 4 - 30, 2021
"

Solid season, but not Oklahoma, Hadestown, or The Prom are a major bummer. Especially at the prices they charge, getting the non equity Jesus Christ Superstar tour is a bit disappointing then taking away a season extra to have Hamilton again in the subscription. Idk maybe I'm being too picky but Boston has really disappointed me with their last 3 seasons, PPAC in Providence has been doing much better with their overall lineups and variant than Boston has. Not super impressed with this but do acknowledge it could be worse.
"

Jesus Christ Superstar is an equity tour. 

ACL2006 Profile PhotoACL2006 Profile Photo
ACL2006
Broadway Legend
joined:2/11/06
Broadway Legend
joined:
2/11/06
2020-2021 Touring Season#532
Posted: 3/17/20 at 11:45am

Fayetteville, AR.

My Fair Lady, Sept. 15-20, 2020
Mean Girls, Nov. 3-8, 2020
Charlie and the Chocolate Factory, Dec. 15-20, 2020
An Officer and a Gentleman, March 9-14, 2021
Come From Away, May 11-16, 2021
Freestyle Love Supreme, June 1-6, 2021

A Chorus Line revival played its final Broadway performance on August 17, 2008. The tour played its final performance on August 21, 2011. A new non-equity tour started in October 2012 played its final performance on March 23, 2013. Another non-equity tour launched on January 20, 2018. The tour ended its US run in Kansas City and then toured throughout Japan August & September 2018.
Mike Barrett  Profile PhotoMike Barrett  Profile Photo
Mike Barrett
Broadway Legend
joined:4/13/13
Broadway Legend
joined:
4/13/13
2020-2021 Touring Season#533
Posted: 3/17/20 at 12:08pm

ElphabaGoodman said: "Mike Barrett said: "bdboston said: "Boston's lineup:



Frozen
September 9 - October 4, 2020

Tootsie
October 20 - November 1, 2020

To Kill a Mockingbird
January 5 - 17, 2021

The Cher Show
January 19 - 31, 2021

Jesus Christ Superstar
February 9 - 21, 2021

My Fair Lady
March 30 - April 11, 2021
A
in't Too Proud
June 8 - 27, 2021

Hamilton
July 6 - September 5, 2021

Dear Evan Hansen
May 4 - 30, 2021
"

Solid season, but not Oklahoma, Hadestown, or The Prom are a major bummer. Especially at the prices they charge, getting the non equity Jesus Christ Superstar tour is a bit disappointing then taking away a season extra to have Hamilton again in the subscription. Idk maybe I'm being too picky but Boston has really disappointed me with their last 3 seasons, PPAC in Providence has been doing much better with their overall lineups and variant than Boston has. Not super impressed with this but do acknowledge it could be worse.
"

Jesus Christ Superstar is an equity tour.
"

I could be mistaken but I believe I read its going Non equity for its 2nd year? 

matt1982
Understudy
joined:2/3/12
Understudy
joined:
2/3/12
2020-2021 Touring Season#534
Posted: 3/17/20 at 5:57pm

Any idea when the Philly announcement has been postponed to?  Looking forward to it as hopefuly it's a light at the end of this tunnel!

ClumsyDude15 Profile PhotoClumsyDude15 Profile Photo
ClumsyDude15
Broadway Legend
joined:12/11/06
Broadway Legend
joined:
12/11/06
2020-2021 Touring Season#535
Posted: 3/19/20 at 10:40am

Philly just announced their season:

• Pretty Woman
• My Fair Lady
• The Cher Show
• Oklahoma
• 1776
• Ain’t Too Proud
• The Lion King
• Hadestown

 
Add on(s): 

• Hairspray

• Beautiful: The Carole King Musical 

• The Blue Man Group 

• Anastasia 

• RENT 

• Aida

https://www.kimmelcenter.org/events-and-tickets/ticket-deals/broadway-2020-21-season/

Updated On: 3/19/20 at 10:40 AM
MattieIce2018
Understudy
joined:5/8/19
Understudy
joined:
5/8/19
2020-2021 Touring Season#536
Posted: 3/19/20 at 12:13pm

The Hanover Theatre in Worcester will be announcing 5/7 shows of their season on April 6th, with the final two shows being announced 7/20 and 8/17. They usually get smaller tours, but this is what they've released so far about each show: 

October 1-4: Fun, upbeat and new Broadway show
October 15-18: Traditional hit that everyone's talking about
January 14-17: Interactive crowd-pleaser
March 18-21: Award-winning new tour
April 8-11: Sizzling music and sensational story
May 6-9: Lush new musical with historic roots
June 22-27: Popular hit with mass appeal

mcsquared
Featured Actor
joined:3/2/11
Featured Actor
joined:
3/2/11
2020-2021 Touring Season#537
Posted: 3/20/20 at 9:03pm

Albuquerque's Popejoy Hall Announced today:

Anastasia (Dec 10-13)

Hamilton (Jan 19-Feb 7,2021)

The Cher Show (Mar 3-7 2021)

Hairspray (April 8-11 2021)

Jersey Boys (May 13-16 2021)

robbyshishkabobby
Understudy
joined:11/11/11
Understudy
joined:
11/11/11
2020-2021 Touring Season#538
Posted: 3/21/20 at 2:10pm
This pertains to the current season, but due to Covid-19, Miss Saigon will not be playing any more performances on tour. Some cast members of the tour have been posting on social media.
Miles2Go2 Profile PhotoMiles2Go2 Profile Photo
Miles2Go2
Broadway Legend
joined:8/10/17
Broadway Legend
joined:
8/10/17
2020-2021 Touring Season#539
Posted: 3/21/20 at 2:14pm

robbyshishkabobby said: "This pertains to the current season, but due to Covid-19, Miss Saigon will not be playing any more performances on tour. Some cast members of the tour have been posting on social media."

Wow. Source? 

MTH85
Stand-by
joined:2/2/18
Stand-by
joined:
2/2/18
2020-2021 Touring Season#540
Posted: 3/21/20 at 2:27pm

robbyshishkabobby said: "This pertains to the current season, but due to Covid-19, Miss Saigon will not be playing any more performances on tour. Some cast members of the tour have been posting on social media."

The Play That Goes Wrong, too (https://www.instagram.com/jacquijarrold/)

Finding Neverland (albeit a non-equity tour) ended earlier this week, and I wouldn't be surprised if a handful more prematurely end in the next month or two.

cookie17
Chorus Member
joined:1/8/20
Chorus Member
joined:
1/8/20
2020-2021 Touring Season#541
Posted: 3/21/20 at 2:36pm
I hope Once on this Island extends their tour. I really wanted to see the show and it was only scheduled to tour a few more months.

robbyshishkabobby
Understudy
joined:11/11/11
Understudy
joined:
11/11/11
2020-2021 Touring Season#542
Posted: 3/21/20 at 3:21pm

Miles2Go2 said: "robbyshishkabobby said: "This pertains to the current season, but due to Covid-19, Miss Saigon will not be playing any more performances on tour. Some cast members of the tour have been posting on social media."

Wow. Source?
"

My source is a friend in the cast haha. I don’t want to give out their social info.

MattieIce2018
Understudy
joined:5/8/19
Understudy
joined:
5/8/19
2020-2021 Touring Season#543
Posted: 3/21/20 at 3:33pm

NETWorks also posted about Miss Saigon closing on their Instagram page. SpongeBob, Once On This Island, and A Bronx Tale are closing too

Updated On: 3/21/20 at 03:33 PM
Ryan Jones
Swing
joined:3/28/17
Swing
joined:
3/28/17
2020-2021 Touring Season#544
Posted: 3/23/20 at 9:05pm

The season announcement for The Peace Center in Greenville, South Carolina has been postponed to Monday, March 30th. Also, the April 7 - April 12, 2020 engagement of Escape to Margaritaville has been rescheduled for June 30 - July 5, 2020.

musicman1985
Chorus Member
joined:5/10/09
Chorus Member
joined:
5/10/09
2020-2021 Touring Season#545
Posted: 3/24/20 at 12:18pm

Des Moines Performing Arts announced their 2020-2021 season this morning.

1776-October 27-November 1 2020
Hamilton-December 1-27 2021
Tootsie-February 23-28 2021
Hadestown-April 20-25 2021
Aida-June 8-13 2021
To Kill a Mockinbird-July 6-11 2021

Add Ons
Cats-March 9-14 2021
Rent-April 2-3 2021
Les Miserables-April 6-11 2021
Chita Rivera and Friends (Telly Leung and Corey Cott)-May 8 2021

kade.ivy Profile Photokade.ivy Profile Photo
kade.ivy
Broadway Star
joined:7/28/13
Broadway Star
joined:
7/28/13
2020-2021 Touring Season#546
Posted: 3/24/20 at 2:03pm
Memphis’s Orpheum Theatre

Escape to Margaritaville - September 22-27, 2020

The Lion King - October 21-November 6, 2020 (Season Option)

Jesus Christ Superstar - December 8-13, 2020

CATS - February 9-14, 2021 (Season Option)

Mean Girls - March 9-14, 2021

The Band’s Visit - March 30-April 4, 2021

Hadestown - May 4-9, 2021

Hamilton - July 13-August 1, 2021

Question. The promo photos they’re using for CATS seem new and with actors I don’t recognize. Could it be going non-equity?
Miles2Go2 Profile PhotoMiles2Go2 Profile Photo
Miles2Go2
Broadway Legend
joined:8/10/17
Broadway Legend
joined:
8/10/17
2020-2021 Touring Season#547
Posted: 3/24/20 at 2:06pm
Les Miserables tour just announced via Instagram that tour is paused until end of July.
iabwayfan Profile Photoiabwayfan Profile Photo
iabwayfan
Understudy
joined:1/16/09
Understudy
joined:
1/16/09
2020-2021 Touring Season#548
Posted: 3/24/20 at 7:54pm

Delete

Updated On: 3/24/20 at 07:54 PM
dmwnc1959 Profile Photodmwnc1959 Profile Photo
dmwnc1959
Broadway Legend
joined:3/4/17
Broadway Legend
joined:
3/4/17
2020-2021 Touring Season#549
Posted: 3/24/20 at 8:31pm

It may be way too soon to know, but are any of the new touring productions that were being announced, or that have already been announced for the upcoming new 2020-2021 season scheduled to start in the late summer/early fall, looking at pulling back?

There were lots of exciting new tours heading out, and if this lasts through summer will they have time for rehearsals and tour launches? 

Any new city touring announcements for this new season? I know Pittsburgh rescheduled, any other cities postpone their new season announcements? 

dmwnc1959 Profile Photodmwnc1959 Profile Photo
dmwnc1959
Broadway Legend
joined:3/4/17
Broadway Legend
joined:
3/4/17
2020-2021 Touring Season#550
Posted: 3/27/20 at 4:21pm

Just got this email from the Pittsburgh Cultural Trust...WOOHOOO!!!

When the world and life as we knew it turned upside down at the beginning of March, the Pittsburgh Cultural Trust was forced to delay many events, including the announcement of our 2020-2021 PNC BROADWAY IN PITTSBURGH Season.

We want you to know that the cancelled and postponed Pittsburgh Cultural Trust events of this spring really are just an intermission, and we are working diligently every day to welcome you, our PNC BROADWAY IN PITTSBURGH family, back into the Cultural District when the environment is safe and healthy.

In anticipation of the curtain rising again and looking towards Broadway's bright future, we will officially announce the brand new 2020-2021 PNC BROADWAY IN PITTSBURGH Season on Monday, March 30th.

Visit http://TrustArts.org/Broadway starting at 10am to discoveran exciting new season that will bring us together for the best of Broadway.

Updated On: 3/27/20 at 04:21 PM