Skip to main content Skip to footer site map

Profile for kade.ivy

kade.ivy Profile Photo
Member Name: kade.ivy
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

UGANDANS IN THE BOOK OF MORMON  Jun 9 2020, 04:31:13 PM
It’s called satire.

I’ve always thought of it as a statement on Western imperialism and condescension.

See Ann Harada’s recent statement on Avenue Q.

Hugh Jackman Says MUSIC MAN Still On Schedule for September  May 23 2020, 03:28:25 PM

Highland Guy said: "kade.ivy said: "BWAY Baby2 said: "Why did you post that again? We all read it the first time. It is an arrogant and holier than thou post- but obviously you stand by it- so- so be it."

Kennedy didn’t post it again. I was offering my one-letter response, which is one letter more than it deserves.
"

kade.ivy: I admire your restraint.
"

Haha-would have shown

Hugh Jackman Says MUSIC MAN Still On Schedule for September  May 23 2020, 01:08:54 PM

Double post 

Hugh Jackman Says MUSIC MAN Still On Schedule for September  May 23 2020, 01:07:24 PM

BWAY Baby2 said: "Why did you post that again? We all read it the first time. It is an arrogant and holier than thou post- but obviously you stand by it- so- so be it."

Kennedy didn’t post it again. I was offering my one-letter response, which is one letter more than it deserves. 

Hugh Jackman Says MUSIC MAN Still On Schedule for September  May 22 2020, 12:14:46 PM

kennedy_rose said: "kade.ivy said: "Man I hope this still happens. Selfishly because I have tickets and am dying to see it. But also because this will be a perfect production with which to reopen Broadway. Our time’s one true song and dancesuperstar of stage and screen opposite who in my opinion is Broadway’s most prolific leading lady of the 21st century in a lavish Zaks/Carlyle/Loquasto production of a classic.Tickets will sell (heck, have sold!), and spirits w

Repeat Attenders fan documentary premieres at DOC NYC  May 18 2020, 08:42:14 PM
My favorite part was Patti’s response to the mother at the stage door. While probably well-meaning, the mother seemed to have forgotten she was talking to a real person! How is someone saying, “I have no idea who you are...” supposed to make a person feel?? Heavens!!!

Frozen on Broadway - Where did they go wrong?  May 15 2020, 05:36:14 PM
I didn’t hate Frozen. I thought Caissie and Patti were excellent, and the design worked, even though it wasn’t my favorite.

I think the mediocre history of Frozen can be attributed to the obsession with SYNERGY that has characterized Disney the past several years. Schumacher once said in an interview that they specifically didn’t want the musical to diverge in look from the animated film (see the identical costumes and the Olaf puppet that looks like a plush you can buy at Disney World

Seth Rudetsky’s “Stars In The House” Concerts  May 4 2020, 08:04:02 PM

mcsquared said: "Kimbo said: "kofler22 said: "Do Seth and Patti have an issue or something? I find it strange that she didn’t appear in any episode and tonight they’re doing a Hollywoods cast reunion and the only one who’s not featured is her."

Very likely she's preparing/rehearsing for the lead role (the one Laurie Metcalf originated on Broadway with Nathan Lane) in this Thursday's live-streamed reading of "Novemb

Hugh Jackman Says MUSIC MAN Still On Schedule for September  Apr 25 2020, 05:34:50 PM
Sigh. Sometimes this board is insufferable.

Hopefully Equity will soon require actors to include the name of the person they voted for in the last election in their bios. That way y’all can decide which shows you see each year!

Hugh Jackman Says MUSIC MAN Still On Schedule for September  Apr 22 2020, 10:55:23 PM

Man I hope this still happens. Selfishly because I have tickets and am dying to see it. But also because this will be a perfect production with which to reopen Broadway. Our time’s one true song and dance superstar of stage and screen opposite who in my opinion is Broadway’s most prolific leading lady of the 21st century in a lavish Zaks/Carlyle/Loquasto production of a classic. Tickets will sell (heck, have sold!), and spirits will be high!!!

WHEN WILL THEY ANNOUNCE  Apr 13 2020, 02:59:52 PM

I’m selfishly hoping for a return in late summer or early fall. Hopefully we can improve testing and contact tracing so as to let life resume as much as possible.

My family and I have a trip planned the weekend before Christmas. My brother’s first trip to the city! We’re all planning to see Harry Potter, mom and I are seeing Music Man, and I just bought a solo ticket to Company in the hopes that my drop in the bucket, among others, will help them return. So if the

2020-2021 Touring Season  Mar 24 2020, 02:03:14 PM
Memphis’s Orpheum Theatre

Escape to Margaritaville - September 22-27, 2020

The Lion King - October 21-November 6, 2020 (Season Option)

Jesus Christ Superstar - December 8-13, 2020

CATS - February 9-14, 2021 (Season Option)

Mean Girls - March 9-14, 2021

The Band’s Visit - March 30-April 4, 2021

Hadestown - May 4-9, 2021

Hamilton - July 13-August 1, 2021

Question. The promo photos they’re using for CATS seem new and

Phone rings, door chimes, in comes COMPANY!  Feb 29 2020, 12:31:56 AM
Man this is awesome. Hope it sticks around long enough for me to see it in December. I know groups are on sale until then, so fingers crossed!

Cursed Child Year 2  Feb 3 2020, 10:40:43 AM

https://www.broadwayworld.com/article/Breaking-Brady-Dalton-Richards-James-Romney-More-Will-Join-HARRY-POTTER-AND-THE-CURSED-CHILD-on-Broadway-20200203

James Snyder, Diane Davis, Jenny Julies, and Nadia Brown are returning. Looks like James Romney is stepping up to full-time Albus. They're teasing a reveal for the

THE NOTEBOOK musical world premiere in Chicago this fall; Grief directing  Jan 29 2020, 02:42:36 PM
SouthernCakes, The Yard is their new, very versatile space that can accommodate several different scales of production and seating arrangements. I saw Macbeth there, and it wasn’t Phantom or Wicked scale but certainly could have played a Broadway house. The space has also housed The King’s Speech and the US premiere or SIX, as of late.

THE NOTEBOOK musical world premiere in Chicago this fall; Grief directing  Jan 29 2020, 02:29:15 PM
I’m intrigued. Will definitely be checking this out at Chicago Shakes. This doesn’t seem like typical Greif fare either, eh? Could be a very moving production.

ONCE UPON A ONE MORE TIME/Britney Spears musical to play pre-Broadway Chicago engagement  Jan 25 2020, 09:07:21 PM
Still waiting on a cast announcement for this. Intrigued by the idea of Carolee returning!

WEST SIDE STORY (2019 Revival) Preview Thread  Dec 10 2019, 11:45:29 PM

Lots of talk of projections and video and I’m a bit unclear. Are there scenes acted offstage that are filmed and projected? Are the cameras “in” the story? What purpose does this serve dramatically (narratively) or aesthetically? Thanks!

Despite Turnaround, ‘Beetlejuice’ Being Forced Out of Theater  Dec 9 2019, 05:27:06 PM
BJ has a hilarious, gracious video on their socials.

Despite Turnaround, ‘Beetlejuice’ Being Forced Out of Theater  Dec 9 2019, 05:19:57 PM
Wow, that NYT article really lays bare the behind the scenes stuff! Lots can happen between now and June, so maybe another attractive theater will open up for Beetlejuice. At any rate, what a wonderful turnaround story it has! Glad Music Man officially has a home now.

You must log in to view off-topic posts.