Skip to main content Skip to footer site map

Profile for Miles2Go2

Miles2Go2 Profile Photo
Member Name: Miles2Go2
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

How long until a Madonna Jukebox Musical  Sep 15 2020, 01:17:08 PM
What M is working on with Cody is definitely a screenplay for a 2 hour biopic movie. They said so on their IG livestream.

West Side Story  Sep 6 2020, 10:36:58 PM
I agree with quite a few of the points made here. And I certainly support you not seeing it if you don’t want to. I will say there is no perfect work of art and there is no perfect creative environment. But that doesn’t mean there isn’t a lot of room for improvement.

I am glad I never saw one HP movie or read one HP book. I’ve added that entire franchise to other brands such as Chick-Fil-A, Hobby Lobby, Papa Johns, and Jimmy Johns that I avoid for moral reasons.

But I still

We Are Freestyle Love Supreme Premieres on Hulu July 17  Jul 18 2020, 08:35:39 PM

The Andrew Fried–helmed documentary tracks the hip-hop improv troupe's 15-year journey.

https://www.hulu.com/movie/we-are-freestyle-love-supreme-94b5c7d6-4a40-4282-9f47-e21bceec6d7c?dl=false

This is so joyful and moving and filled with humanity. I highly recommend this. If you’re a fan of Hamilton and LMM, I super duper r

“The Line” - The Public Theater  Jul 10 2020, 08:11:43 PM

HogansHero said: "I agree it was a masterful job of editing/directing/etc that brings great and immediate honesty. And the performances were amazingly good. The required warning: It's a fresh box of kleenex type show."

Yes, I agree about the Kleenex! 

“The Line” - The Public Theater  Jul 10 2020, 07:17:53 PM

Reviews are in. All very positive: 

New York Times

DC Metro

DC Metro #2

“The Line” - The Public Theater  Jul 9 2020, 02:31:55 PM
Anyone else watch? I’d love to hear your thoughts. It’s only about an hour long.

I’m amazed that they were able to create something so impactful while we’re still living through this. It’s been my experience that it usually takes years to get the perspective to create good or great art out of a major life event/crisis/loss/trauma.

The Line - The Public Theater  Jul 8 2020, 11:49:07 PM

The company of THE LINE features Santino Fontana (David), Arjun Gupta (Vikram), John Ortiz (Oscar), Alison Pill (Jennifer), Nicholas Pinnock (Dwight), Jamey Sheridan (Ed), and Lorraine Toussaint (Sharon). THE LINE features original music composition by Aimee Mann, and Janelle Caso will serve as production stage manager.

Reviews of “The Line” - The Public Theater  Jul 8 2020, 11:35:28 PM

https://youtu.be/jViLNmDbg1g

Didn’t see a thread for this yet. A friend sent this link to me. It found it powerful, harrowing, and devastating, but I also felt more connected to humanity afterwards. Definitely, exceeded my expectations. I believe it’s available until 8/4. Only a little over an hour long. I highly recommend  

“Crafted from firsthand interviews with New York City medical first responders dur

OUR Hamilton Reviews  Jul 5 2020, 05:08:16 PM

Oops! It’s me again. Just happened across this short video that a friend posted on FB. 

https://www.facebook.com/152739451297/posts/10157732236046298/?vh=e

Say what you will about Hamilton, but isn’t it a something that it has the power and influence to enter the public’s consciousness and start these conversations? No matter what one thinks of Mamma Mia, it’s

OUR Hamilton Reviews  Jul 5 2020, 04:58:09 PM
I think that he CNN article spins some false dichotomies. We don’t have to pick whether Alexander Hamilton was this or that. He was all those things. And saying the failure of Holler If Ya Hear Me and the success of Hamilton somehow shows white liberals weren’t ready for a gritty hip-hop musical ignores that the overwhelming consensus at the time was that Holler... wasn’t a good show. Now, it’s probably true that a large swath of white America wasn’t/isn’t ready for a gritty hip-hop musical. But

OUR Hamilton Reviews  Jul 5 2020, 11:02:28 AM
I did want to mention that one of the ensemble members took over Hamilton’s IG Stories last week and stated that in addition to being filmed during those live performances, they also filmed some parts in the theater subsequently without an audience.

OUR Hamilton Reviews  Jul 5 2020, 09:41:08 AM
@MichelleCraig - I had similar reaction to yours after seeing Hamilton for the first time in November 2015. I had listened to the OBCR only once prior and really couldn’t get into it. I vividly recall listening to it the next day as I walked around the West Village listening to the cast recording in my headphones and being amazed at the miracle that was filling my ears. The only way I can explain it is the difference of the first 15 minutes of black-and-white Kansas in The Wizard of Oz then swit

OUR Hamilton Reviews  Jul 3 2020, 09:51:44 PM
When I first saw Hamilton on Broadway in 2015, it felt like a natural extension of having Barack Obama as our President.

When I saw it again (3x in Chicago, 2x in OKC), it felt like a revelatory reaction to the new administration.

And now watching it today, it feels like an embodiment of the current environment we live in with the re-emergence of BLM.

That’s the brilliance of Hamilton for me.

I got misty a few times, but totally sobbed (as usual) during Who

OUR TOWN revival starring Dustin Hoffman; Bartlett Sher directs  Jul 1 2020, 11:18:33 PM

ErmengardeStopSniveling said: "I question Hoffman's stamina to play a role like the stage manager. Sure, they could give him an earpiece or let him read from a book, but it's a massive role for an almost-83-year-old who hasn't been on Broadway in 30 years and also hasn't played the lead in a film in quite some time.“

Two Words: Elaine May

Regardless, I’ll be skipping this as long as long as Hoffman is attached. 

OUR TOWN revival starring Dustin Hoffman; Bartlett Sher directs  Jul 1 2020, 03:50:51 PM

Freeman is also problematic:

https://www.snopes.com/ap/2018/05/24/morgan-freeman-apologizes-wake-harassment-accusations/

How long until a Madonna Jukebox Musical  Jun 24 2020, 12:49:47 AM
Not all her music may seem musically challenging, but try singing Ray of Light at karaoke.

Your First Broadway Show  Jun 18 2020, 12:12:36 AM
American Idiot - 2010

New York Theater Quiz for May 2020  Jun 2 2020, 10:45:19 PM

NewYorkTheater said: "Congratulations to you all. I guess I'll have to make it harder next month."

Please don’t. We all need at least one easy thing right now. 

New York Theater Quiz for May 2020  Jun 1 2020, 03:40:20 AM
80% - my best yet!

RIP Larry Kramer  May 28 2020, 10:03:18 AM

Highland Guy said: "On June 8 (perhaps other dates, as well), HBO will show the 2015 documentaryLarry Kramer in Love and Anger."

Thanks. I also just discovered it’s on HBO Go now. 

You must log in to view off-topic posts.