Page: 1

GATZ

jbird5
Broadway Star
Broadway Star
GATZ#1
Posted: 1/26/19 at 12:33pm
Anybody? Seeing this today. Their Measure for Measure at the Public was god awful.
TotallyEffed Profile PhotoTotallyEffed Profile Photo
TotallyEffed
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
GATZ#2
Posted: 1/26/19 at 12:35pm
I saw this eight or nine years ago and it was pure torture.
JBroadway Profile PhotoJBroadway Profile Photo
JBroadway
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
GATZ#3
Posted: 1/26/19 at 12:46pm

I'm going next week. I shelled out more money than I'm used to, partly because the person I'm going with is a big Gatsby fan, and also I'm very curious to see it. The thing is, I hated their Measure For Measure, but I'm slightly more optimistic about Gatz because, based on what I've seen and read about it, it seems like there is a more well-thought out framing concept for the delivery of the text. As opposed to M4M which truly felt like a pointless gimmick. I also think my mindset changes when I'm in for a marathon event compared to a normal-length show. I feel more willing to sit through things when they're 5+ hours than I do when they're 2+ hours. 

Skip23 Profile PhotoSkip23 Profile Photo
Skip23
Featured Actor
Featured Actor
GATZ#4
Posted: 1/26/19 at 2:23pm
I dont get it. One long drone. The acting didnt add anything to the story. Especially when the actors arent cast to type.

What? So they prove they can read it all the way through? Like watching someone run a marathon. Boring and pointless.

HogansHero Profile PhotoHogansHero Profile Photo
HogansHero
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
GATZ#5
Posted: 1/26/19 at 2:51pm

I consider it one of the great theatre experiences ever. Saw the original, happy to return now. But to each their own. Def not for everyone but there is a host of positive writing about it from all over the world.