Skip to main content Skip to footer site map

Profile for Skip23

Skip23 Profile Photo
Member Name: Skip23
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

CELEBRATION ensemble piece  Sep 3 2020, 05:45:36 PM
“Celebration” from the musical CELEBRATION.

Best Scene Changes  Jun 3 2020, 01:04:02 PM

Broadway61004 said: "I absolutely hated the 2001 Follies revival, in part because everything leading up to Loveland was so sparse and dreary, however that did make the transition into the follies that much more emphatic, when suddenly this lavish set appears and transports you to a different world. Still didn't make up for the first act and a half, but at least that particular transition was effective."

All time best scene change:  Original Bro

LOVE LETTERS With Bryan Cranston & Sally Field Streams Tonight 5/21  May 26 2020, 03:38:24 PM

Rumpelstiltskin said: "Sally Field surprised me in a good way. I thought herbrand of quirky passion worked well for the role. I wasn’t as impressed with Bryan Cranston. His line deliveries were fine but I needed him to connect more with the audience. I know that the letters are read by the actors, but I think the play works best when they alternate between reading and speaking directly to us. Sally Field handled the mix well; I felt the words came from her and not the written p

LOVE LETTERS With Bryan Cranston & Sally Field Streams Tonight 5/21  May 22 2020, 03:11:19 PM

I was thinking that McGraw would be good.  Maybe with Richard Thomas?

LOVE LETTERS With Bryan Cranston & Sally Field Streams Tonight 5/21  May 22 2020, 12:24:34 PM

Bettyboy72 said: "AC126748 said: "The show flopped on Broadway a few years ago because audiences weren’t willing to pay $150 to watch two actors read from scripts at desks in their street clothes — even if those actors are on the level of an Alan Alda or a Carol Burnett. The production was solid and got a rave review in the Times, but it still didn’t go anywhere financially. "
Exactly. It’s too slight to be that expensive even with name

LOVE LETTERS With Bryan Cranston & Sally Field Streams Tonight 5/21  May 22 2020, 02:26:54 AM

I've seen this show with several different pairs.  It's trickier than it looks.  If the casting isn't spot on, it doesn't work. 

Please DADDY!  May 20 2020, 03:47:15 PM

Finally got to view the DADDY LONGLEGS video on BroadwayHD.

WTF???  

How could Daddy torture that girl for so long.

SPOILER

Everything magically gets wrapped up in the last minute.  And she just forgives him.  

Boo!!!!!!

BTW - I really liked almost ALL the songs.  And Megan McGinnis is just about perfect.

What Was The Worst Musical You Saw  May 19 2020, 01:09:14 PM

Jarethan said: "Malinda5000 said: "...I would also like to add

Legs Diamond

Big Deal

Woman Of The Year

Smile

Uptown...It's Hot!

Bring Back Birdie

The Wiz (1984 Revival) ...even with Stephanie Mills it was bad.

How could i EVER have forgotten Smile.

What Was The Worst Musical You Saw  May 19 2020, 01:06:59 PM

Jarethan said: "The WORST OF WORST (in order):

— Dr. Jazz
— Flashdance
— CATS
— 1600 Pennsylvania Ave

Second Tier (my first show was 60 years ago, so I have seen a lot of stinkers):
— Come Summer
— Onward Victoria
— Copperfield
— Jimmy
— Marilyn (Broadway Version)
— Her First Roman
— Mack and Mabel (painful to watch)
— Merrily We Roll Al

What Was The Worst Musical You Saw  May 19 2020, 01:04:08 PM

NJGUY said: "Growing up in Washington, DC in the 1960's,1970's and 1980's, I was fortunate to see countless pre-Broadway productions. Some of the worst include:PLATINUM(pointless and yesAlexis Smith was really bad), 1600 PENNSYLVANIA AVENUE (even then I said WTF), ARI(the musical of Exodus-UGH). In D.C.,I also did see (pre-Broadway) the original Mack and Mabel and Sugar, both at The Kennedy Center, I sort of liked them as I was an impressionable teenager and was awe-struc

What Was The Worst Musical You Saw  May 19 2020, 12:59:27 PM

FosseTharp said: "The Bodyguard. I saw the National Tour with comped tickets and it was laughably bad..... but I will say I was entertained and not bored."

Really?  I left at intermission.  I rarely do that.  But the boredom of it all just forced me out.

What Was The Worst Musical You Saw  May 19 2020, 12:53:01 PM

The Look Of Love
Telethon
Lennon
Metro

Jonathan Dokuchitz?  May 18 2020, 03:17:07 AM

Where is he?

Was this discussed?

Significant Other - OBC Livestream - 5/14/20  May 16 2020, 01:34:33 PM

Maybe Glick’s physical presence onstage changed his characterization. But onscreen he came across as just another self-involved milenn. Babe, not everyone exists to feed your needs. You gotta put yourself out there and create your own life.

Significant Other - OBC Livestream - 5/14/20  May 16 2020, 12:49:09 PM

Behlmann certainly has that special “something”.

Significant Other - OBC Livestream - 5/14/20  May 15 2020, 06:44:58 PM

Well acted.

But really?  He's crushed because he couldn't find a boyfriend and he's the 3rd wheel in all of his girlfriends lives?  What year does this take place in?  Haven't these subjects been explored ad nauseam?  

Reminds me of the end of COMPANY.  OK...so now - get going and get a life, K?

Change of heart on particular actors?  May 10 2020, 04:08:42 PM

Was Meh about Aaron Tveit until the Sondheim 90. Now I like him more.

Almost always loved Donna Murphy (not so much in Dolly and Passion) but the Sondheim 90 cemented her greatness.

Kelli O was always shaky for me until the Virus Videos. Now I want to see her every week.

I too was never a big Esparza fan until Encores. His Anyone Can Whistle and Road Show performances were excellent.

Sutton is Sutton. I’ve seen great and meh and bored from her.

Ryan Murphy's HOLLYWOOD on Netflix  May 6 2020, 04:14:33 PM

I loved the performances across the board, but would single out three as standouts: Joe Mantello, Patti Lupone, and Dylan McDermott. I have seen Mantello act in only threeshows, and I thought he should have won the Tony for The Normal Heart. Hisperformance in this show blew me away; it was just so lived in and honest. It made me want him to spend much more time taking classic character actor roles in movies and TV and theatre, even if the price is directing less.Patti Lupone was also just

Ryan Murphy's HOLLYWOOD on Netflix  May 4 2020, 03:36:35 PM

Loved this uber-fantasy.

Two quibbles - why couldn't they find good actors to play Rock Hudson and the starring girl in Meg.  These two were just wrong.

A STRANGE LOOP receives 2020 Pulitzer for Drama  May 4 2020, 03:33:22 PM

Excellent!

One of my favorite productions of the year.

You must log in to view off-topic posts.