Profile for HogansHero

HogansHero Profile Photo
Member Name: HogansHero
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

Vanity Fair on Broadway's Reopening -  May 30 2020, 07:22:59 PM

There is not going to be Broadway with social distancing. Really, there's not. Patience. 

NYC On Track To Start Phased Re-Opening June 8th  May 30 2020, 04:12:57 PM

Again, you cannot view any of these things as static. There is a great danger in that. Of course the extant metrics will be monitored (as I said). But epidemiologists are not robots and there will be other, evolving, metrics for transitioning. In many of the regions, the additional safeguards are not onerous, because the margin of error is not catastrophic. That is not and will not (as you say) be the case in NYC. 

NYC On Track To Start Phased Re-Opening June 8th  May 30 2020, 03:50:02 PM

A bit of confusion here. First, yes it is absolutely based on metrics not time. The 2 weeks is the minimum time that a phase will last because that is the minimum time needed to examine for any regression.  Second, the 7 metrics people have been talking about relate to phase 1. The city is expected to meet the 7 metrics by a week from Monday. 

delete duplicate  May 30 2020, 03:45:04 PM

Call_me_jorge said: "Well, what about shows currently running with a dozen or so bootlegs on YouTube. Not counting Wicked, you can easily find videos of Phantom, Mean Girls, The Book of Mormon, and while it was running Waitress. I think many of those shows producers have adopted the same attitude as the Wicked producers and it’s only growing the mentality that they are good marketing tools."

You can "think" whatever you want, but you would be wrong an

The Glass Menagerie w/ Skinner, Hennigsen for Actors Fund  May 30 2020, 10:20:42 AM

Maybe a few posts went over the line but I think that when one puts up something and publicizes it, some of that goes with the territory (same as always) and that being a fundraiser or in the middle of the pandemic does not exempt someone from criticism. It's not like this is a junior high school pageant someone posted online. (And I am referring here to performance issues, not technical ones (which also go with the territory). It also does not help that this play is a part of the sa

delete duplicate  May 30 2020, 09:30:17 AM

delete duplicate  May 30 2020, 09:29:08 AM

Why do Producers hate Bootlegs?  May 30 2020, 09:28:47 AM

itsjustmejonhotmailcom said: "A lot of it has to do with the way shows are set up. When a show is running the GM or Producer's office often takes care of that. When a show closes, there usually isn't anyone left on the payroll to monitor those things or respond to reports of bootlegs."

This is a critical point that's overlooked in the above. Producers only relate to productions, not to the underlying properties, and rights holders don't really ha

NYC On Track To Start Phased Re-Opening June 8th  May 30 2020, 12:14:03 AM

Well no, Sutton, you aren't. You are correct about phase 1 as formulated (as I pointed out) but you don't seem aware of the plans for augmented outdoor dining possibilities because of the indoor restrictions. That's what I was bringing to your attention. It is to address the "huge challenges" that all of these things I mention are underway. One more point to add: we should not be viewing these phases as carved in stone because everything is in motion. We have things bein

Vanity Fair on Broadway's Reopening -  May 30 2020, 12:03:20 AM

Fosse76 said: "That's unnecessary. The ticketing system can easily be set up to sell seats that are separated a certain number of seats apart. Broadway theaters are small as it is, where are the removed seats going to be stored. And that still wouldn't resolve the issues of social distancing in the theaters' lobby and restroom spaces. Broadway financials so not allow for any real limitations on the size of the audience."

Unnecessary, yes, but it's a c

NYC On Track To Start Phased Re-Opening June 8th  May 29 2020, 11:52:16 PM

Sutton Ross said: "NYC is too dense for outdoor seating for phase 1. Tables cannot possibly be 6 feet away from each other, it cannot happen. And even if it happens in phase 3, restaurants will seriously need to reconfigure pretty much everything about their dining room in NYC. Tables are squeeeeezed together, so I can't even really imagine it. The permits for other parts of the states are being accepted but they won't get to them for a while, they are a tad busy."<

NYC On Track To Start Phased Re-Opening June 8th  May 29 2020, 09:17:21 PM

My friends in Phillly might have a stroke if I even said the words "vegan cheesesteak" but if you don't mind sending it to me in a private message I will try to make a stealth visit there on my own some day.

The Glass Menagerie w/ Skinner, Hennigsen for Actors Fund  May 29 2020, 08:13:43 PM

I agree this is a bad choice. I also agree it was unwatchable. If all readings were like this, these things would not be a thing. I could not even leave this one on in the background. 

NYC On Track To Start Phased Re-Opening June 8th  May 29 2020, 08:04:35 PM

or I did not see it. 

Matt posted above that Philly is hoping to do that. I would say I would kill for a cheesesteak wiz wit & al fresco but I don't eat meat and they won't sell the wiz wit out it. (I tried.)

NYC On Track To Start Phased Re-Opening June 8th  May 29 2020, 07:47:48 PM

Jordan Catalano said: "Aren’t the mayor and the gov working to get restaurants with outside seating open for phase 1?"

not phase 1. I guess that could change. The city council is taking steps to implement (a lot) broader outdoor seating rules but that will involve an application process and that sounds like time. As it stands, there is no outdoor-only seating in the phases, but that too could change.

NYC On Track To Start Phased Re-Opening June 8th  May 29 2020, 03:05:21 PM

Let's remember that theatres will only open in phase 4 (and scheduling that depends on no bad news before then) AND that any such opening will STILL be subject to social distancing. Translation: no Broadway.

Nonetheless, this is very promising news, if for no other reason that I might be able to get my hair cut (phase 2) before the 4th of July. Hopefully what I will have done hacking at it before then will be reparable. 

Thomas Kail, For Some Reason, Is Remaking FIDDLER ON THE ROOF  May 29 2020, 12:49:24 PM

who says it won't take 10 years? 

🤔

Broadway Open in January??  May 29 2020, 01:12:13 AM

@ArtMan you are still missing the point. I rejected the dem vs repub person distinction but it is just silly to say that a state that requires masks to go inside a building Is comparable with Florida. Of course there are individuals outside without masks; what does that have to do with this? But you know what? forget it. enjoy looking at all of the non-complying people you say are in your midst and just remain befuddled. 

Broadway Open in January??  May 29 2020, 12:04:02 AM

@ArtMan, that's an overstatement, but as I say above (maybe it crossed with your post) that's beside the point.

Broadway Open in January??  May 28 2020, 11:51:16 PM

@ArtMan you are focusing on the wrong thing. The point is that it is the Republican political authorities that are not requiring masks. And it is the red states where people are in fact not wearing masks. One's politics don't matter in NY because everyone has to wear a mask to function. One's politics apparently don't matter in Florida, according to you, because the prevailing laws are anti-mask, as encouraged by cantalope man. 

You must log in to view off-topic posts.