THIS WEEK IN PICTURES: August 17-23
Whether you've been living under a rock for the past week, or you're just in the mood for a recap of everything theatre, BroadwayWorld's feature, 'This Week in Pictures' is here to satisfy your end of the week fix. Take a look below to catch up on the latest happenings from the Great White Way to The West End (and everywhere in between) with coverage of press events, rehearsals, opening nights and more!
HIGHLIGHTS OF THE WEEK: MATILDA gets a cast album, ONCE performs outside, MENAGERIE meets the press and so much more!
The producers of the Tony Award-winning Matilda The Musical announced last week that the original Broadway cast recording will be produced by Michael Croiter and Christopher Nightingale for Broadway Records/Yellow Sound Label and will be released digitally and be available at the Shubert Theatre beginning Friday, September 27, 2013. The CD will be available in stores on Tuesday, October 22, 2013. Click here for more photos of the cast in the studio!
Luis Fonsi and the cast of FOREVER TANGO. Photo Credit: Jennifer Broski
Internationally acclaimed singer/songwriter and Grammy Award-winner Luis Fonsi just joined the company of Luis Bravo's internationally acclaimed entertainment phenomenon, Forever Tango for two weeks only. The acclaimed pop star will perform nightly at Broadway's Walter Kerr Theatre (219 W 48th Street), through Sunday, September 1, 2013. Click here for more photos from his first official curtain call and following champagne toast!
Peter and the Starcatcher Tour Company. Photo Credit: Terry Shapiro
The PETER AND THE STARCATCHER National Tour started performances at the Ellie Caulkins Opera House in Denver, CO on August 15, 2013. PETER AND THE STARCATCHER is the five-time Tony Award winning musical play written by Tony Award nominee Rick Elice and directed by Tony Award-winner Roger Reesand Tony Award-nominee Alex Timbers. Check out more production shots here!
The 17-week limited engagement of the critically-acclaimed revival of The Glass Menagerie begins performances at the Booth Theatre (222 W 45th Street) on Thursday, September 5, 2013, and opens on Thursday, September 26th. The production will star multiple Tony and Emmy Award-winner Cherry Jones as Amanda Wingfield, film and stage star Zachary Quinto as Tom, two-time Tony-nominee Celia Keenan-Bolger as Laura, and Brian J. Smith as Jim, the Gentleman Caller. The cast met the press earlier this week and you can check out more photos here.
- Meet the BroadwayWorld Staff- BroadwayWorld TV, Movies & Music Managing Editor Caryn Robbins
- Meet the BroadwayWorld Staff- Regional Managing Editor Christina Mancuso
- Meet the BroadwayWorld Staff- Chief Interviewer & Senior Editor Pat Cerasaro
- Broadway's Plays in Repertory- What They Mean for the 2014 Tony Awards
- Regional Theater of the Week: Fisher Theatre in Detroit, MI
- Hugh Jackman to Bring BACK ON BROADWAY to London Stage?
- Regional Theater of the Week: American Repertory Theater (A.R.T.) in Cambridge, MA
- Regional Theater of the Week: Riverside Theatre in Vero Beach, FL
- Meet the BroadwayWorld Staff- BWW TV Host Richard Ridge!
- THIS WEEK IN PICTURES: August 17-23