2014 Tony Awards 'By the Numbers' - 110 Nominees, 210 Feet of Red Carpet and More
Before Broadway's biggest night on Sunday, June 8th, 44 productions will have opened on Broadway in the 2013-14 season. Of those productions, 12 were eligible for Best New Musical and 10 were eligible for Best New Play at the 68th Annual Tony Awards.
Before the Awards ceremony begins, the 110 Tony Award Nominees will walk down 210 feet of red carpet. The Nominees will join an expected 5,500 guests in Radio City Music Hall, which spans a full New York City block wide.
During the Tony Awards broadcast, the winners from 26 categories will be announced. These winners will each receive a Tony Award with its signature 3-inch-diameter Tony Medallion that spins atop a 9-inch-tall Tony Statue.
By the time they hit the stage at the 68th-Annual Tony Awards, many of the performers and productions appearing at this year's Awards show will have accomplished the following:
- 908: Number of total costumes made this year by the eight Tony-nominated costume designers from Bullets Over Broadway, A Gentleman's Guide to Love & Murder, Hedwig and the Angry Inch, Act One, Casa Valentina, After Midnight, Machinal and Twelfth Night
- 478.5: Number of performances Alan Cumming has portrayed the Emcee in Cabaret on Broadway
- 337: Number of costumes in each performance of Aladdin
- 300: Number of raw eggs Tony Nominee Andy Karl has consumed on stage in Rocky
- 67: Number of votes Lyndon B. Johnson, played by Tony Nominee Bryan Cranston, gets to pass his proposed bill in All the Way
- 26: Number of Carole King's hit songs featured in Beautiful - The Carole King Musical
- 16: Carole King's age when she wrote her first song, as told in Beautiful - The Carole King Musical
- 5: Number of Tony Awards Nominee Audra McDonald has won in her career
- 4: The height (in inches) of Tony Nominee Neil Patrick Harris' highest pair of heels worn in Hedwig and the Angry Inch
- 1: Number of inches Hedwig is angry about
The Tony Awards will be broadcast in a live three-hour ceremony from Radio City Music Hall, on the CBS television network on Sunday, June 8, 2014, at 8pm ET. For more information on the Tony Awards, please visit www.TonyAwards.com.
TonyAwards.com, developed, produced, and hosted by IBM, is centerpiece of the Tony Awards digital platform that includes an interactive Second Screen (TonyAwards.com/secondscreen) to complement the CBS telecast on June 8; a Spotlight Series on potential nominees; Google+ hangouts; a live webcast of the Nominations Announcement; multimedia coverage before, during, and after the Tony ceremony; and much more. Visit TonyAwards.com, and follow the Tonys at Facebook.com/TheTonyAwards, @TheTonyAwards on Twitter, and Instagram.com/TheTonyAwards. #TonyAwards
About the Tony Awards: The American Theatre Wing's Tony Awards are presented by The Broadway League and the American Theatre Wing. At The Broadway League, Nick Scandalios is Chairman and Charlotte St. Martin is Executive Director. At the American Theatre Wing, William Ivey Long is Chairman and Heather Hitchens is Executive Director. Ricky Kirshner and Glenn Weiss of White Cherry Entertainment are the Executive Producers of the 2014 Tony Awards. Mr. Weiss will also serve as Director of the 2014 Tony Awards.