The ATIXA Playbook, a Guide for Resolving Sexual Misconduct Allegations, Discounted Through November
BERWYN, Pa., Nov. 1, 2017 /PRNewswire/ In light of the increased need for Title IX guidance in the field as OCR rolls back previous guidance, ATIXA has decided to make its seminal best practices publication,The ATIXA Playbook: Best Practices for the Post-Regulatory Era, more widely available and affordable during the month of November.
Purchase an electronic PDF of The ATIXA Playbook for $89 ($40 discount, usually $129) by November 30 th. Purchase a hard copy of The ATIXA Playbookon Amazonfor $149 ($130 discount, usually $279) by November 30 th.
As a reminder, The ATIXA Playbook is a 100+ page book developed by nationally-recognized experts and field-leading practitioners as a comprehensive guide to ensure that the resolution of sexual misconduct allegations on college campuses is done right.
The authors chose the subtitleBest Practices for the Post-Regulatory Erato highlight the focus of the book on what colleges and universities should be doing to address sexual misconduct, rather than on what they must be doing to achieve compliance.
The authors have been helping to lead the field on the issue of campus sexual misconduct since well before the Department of Education issued a Dear Colleague Letter (DCL) on Title IX in 2011. ThisPlaybookcontinues and expands on ATIXA's thought-leadership in higher education, whether Title IX is a priority in Washington, D.C., or not. It's a priority for us. Higher education isn't headed back to the pre-2011 era, and this book helps to point the way forward for the field.
The ATIXAPlaybookrepresents three key themes:
- Best practices for the post-regulatory era, taking a long view of Title IX's 45-year trajectory to assess where we have been and where we are going.
- Fine-tuning the substantive decisions that are being made regarding allegations of sexual misconduct and other behaviors covered by Title IX and VAWA 304 through a set of comprehensive models of proof.
- Offering a spirited defense of why colleges address sexual violence, and why we can, should, and will continue to do so.
The ATIXA Playbookincludes:
- Models of proof that explain how to analyze the complex evidence of an allegation of sex discrimination to determine by a preponderance of evidence whether policy has been violated.
- An understanding of what discrimination is and what it is not, including analysis of harassment, hostile environments, and retaliation.
- A critical checklist tool on substantive and procedural due process.
- Decision rubrics for sexual violence, sexual harassment, stalking, intimate partner violence, and other forms of sex and gender discrimination.
- A framework to elevate the precision of the credibility assessments, which in turn should elevate the fairness of resolution proceedings, the accuracy of determinations, and their defensibility in court.
- Extensive discussion on issues of coercion and applying the consent construct in theory, not just in practice.
- Case studies for practical application and analysis of both policy and credibility.
Substantively,The ATIXA Playbookis the only guidance of its kind in the field. It is an indispensable tool for those who are charged with making the right decisions on sexual misconduct allegations on college and university campuses. While ATIXA has never published a guide of this scope or length before, the importance of this subject matter requires us to go further and deeper than we have previously. The rights and well-being of our community members are worth it.
For any additional information and/or to discuss this promotional offer in detail, call or email Ryan McDavis, ATIXA Executive Director at (610) 993-0229, ext. 1009 or email@example.com.
SOURCE Association of Title IX Administrators