New Lydia Deetz ( who do you think should replace Sophia Anne Caruso ) - Page 2

Tommymac 2
Understudy
joined:2/25/20
Understudy
joined:
2/25/20

MannPhan24601 said: "When Daveed left abrubtly from Hamilton , didn't they have Seth Stewart and Andrew Chappelle rotate the role for 3 months then Seth took over permanently for a year ???"


Oh wow ! We didn’t know that !

im assuming if they truly are closing in June. It would make sense just to bump up Presley. 
 

is it easier to hire a new swing to learn all the parts? Or to just hire a new principal ?

Piparoo Profile PhotoPiparoo Profile Photo
Piparoo
Understudy
joined:7/22/19
Understudy
joined:
7/22/19

Is the OP's use of the royal "we" perplexing to anyone else?  Is this a new gender pronoun usage that I have yet to encounter?

copathetiic
Understudy
joined:12/4/19
Understudy
joined:
12/4/19

Tommymac 2 said: "MannPhan24601 said: "When Daveed left abrubtly from Hamilton , didn't they have Seth Stewart and Andrew Chappelle rotate the role for 3 months then Seth took over permanently for a year ???"


Oh wow ! We didn’t know that !

im assuming if they truly are closing in June. It would make sense just to bump up Presley.


is it easier to hire a new swing to learn all the parts? Or to just hire a new principal ?
"

It’s definitely easier to hire a new principal rather than having someone learn all three of Presley’s tracks. 

LizzieCurry Profile PhotoLizzieCurry Profile Photo
LizzieCurry
Broadway Legend
joined:3/7/05
Broadway Legend
joined:
3/7/05

Piparoo: Yes, but I was semi under the impression it was like a quaint mid-'90s AOL account where a married couple shared an email address.

"This thread reads like a series of White House memos." — Mister Matt
disneybroadwayfan22 Profile Photodisneybroadwayfan22 Profile Photo
disneybroadwayfan22
Broadway Legend
joined:2/10/13
Broadway Legend
joined:
2/10/13

JBroadway said: "You say that as if Sydney Lucas has already been cast. Has there been any indication of that?"

It is just my prediction.

MannPhan24601
Broadway Star
joined:11/4/15
Broadway Star
joined:
11/4/15

It's prob just wishful thinking, but Kaitlyn Davis from the Phantom tour has been pretty silent from social media since coming home from the road (she had several runs in a 4 year period and has always been super active on social media when home ) and she's been my dream Lydia (along with Elphaba even though she covered Christine and was principal briefly because she has a pretty interesting range ) . Prob not gonna happen though .. She's 5'3 and about 28 so a  good 7 years younger than Dana and about 13 years older than Presley . 

And speaking of Kaitlyn when she was principal Christine in 2016, Katie Travis was supposed to be out for several months for vocal surgery and Julia Udine was supposed to come back for 3 months directly from her Broadway run. After 2 or 3 performances ,  she was injured from a malfunction of the Phantom's fireballs and Kaitlyn automatically had to take over. If I remember correctly , she did 3 straight weeks of Christine (I assume Krista Buccelato did go on a few times as alternate ) then Grace Morgan (who had left almost 2 years before but came back to covef when Krista was on sick leave almost year before ) came back in Kaitlyn's track as Hannibal princess/ u/s Christine and went on once until Katie came back . I remember it all seemed like a big headache .

Updated On: 2/25/20 at 02:26 PM
darquegk Profile Photodarquegk Profile Photo
darquegk
Broadway Legend
joined:2/5/09
Broadway Legend
joined:
2/5/09

I said it as a joke, but the more I think about it, Schaal would be pretty great... except for the fact that she can carry a tune but isn't a vocal powerhouse. That truly unusual little-girl voice and bizarre comic timing would fit well in the Lydia track, but would probably give a lot of people Sarah Lynn flashbacks. That's too much, man...

Tommymac 2
Understudy
joined:2/25/20
Understudy
joined:
2/25/20

MannPhan24601 said: "It's prob just wishful thinking, but Kaitlyn Davis from the Phantom tour has been pretty silent from social media since coming home from the road (she had several runs in a 4 year period and has always been super active on social media when home ) and she's been my dream Lydia (along with Elphaba even though she covered Christine and was principal briefly because she has a pretty interesting range ) . Prob not gonna happen though .. She's 5'3 and about 28 so a good 7 years younger than Dana and about 13 years older than Presley .

And speaking of Kaitlyn when she was principal Christine in 2016, Katie Travis was supposed to be out for several months for vocal surgery and Julia Udine was supposed to come back for 3 months directly from her Broadway run. After 2 or 3 performances , she was injured from a malfunction of the Phantom's fireballs and Kaitlyn automatically had to take over. If I remember correctly , she did 3 straight weeks of Christine (I assume Krista Buccelato did go on a few times as alternate ) then Grace Morgan (who had left almost 2 years before but came back to covef when Krista was on sick leave almost year before ) came back in Kaitlyn's track as Hannibal princess/ u/s Christine and went on once until Katie came back . I remember it all seemed like a big headache .
"

 

LOVE Kaitlyn Davis ! She would be great !! 

 

AEA AGMA SM
Broadway Legend
joined:8/13/09
Broadway Legend
joined:
8/13/09

darquegk said: "I said it as a joke, but the more I think about it, Schaal would be pretty great... except for the fact that she can carry a tune but isn't a vocal powerhouse. That truly unusual little-girl voice and bizarre comic timing would fit well in the Lydia track, but would probably give a lot of people Sarah Lynn flashbacks. That's too much, man..."

Much as I love her and would love to see her in something on stage, the only house where Kristin Schaal could possibly pass as a teenager is the Muny, and even then only from the lawn seats. 

Did you know that every day Mexican gays cross our borders and unplug our brain-dead ladies?
Tommymac 2
Understudy
joined:2/25/20
Understudy
joined:
2/25/20
If they were to go the “ Renée Rapp “ route , who do you think they should cast ?
bwaywrldmember6853
Chorus Member
joined:7/22/17
Chorus Member
joined:
7/22/17
I find it really interesting that you mentioned Julia Nightingale. As incredibly talented as I think she is and she would probably be great for the role, you don’t usually see her name around the boards as she is up & coming. So, I feel like you know someone personally and are stirring up conversation for a purpose. And you just joined today...But I could be wrong!
LizzieCurry Profile PhotoLizzieCurry Profile Photo
LizzieCurry
Broadway Legend
joined:3/7/05
Broadway Legend
joined:
3/7/05

Tommymac 2 said: "If they were to go the “ Renée Rapp “ route , who do you think they should cast ?"

As in someone who was well-received at the Jimmy Awards?

"This thread reads like a series of White House memos." — Mister Matt
Call_me_jorge Profile PhotoCall_me_jorge Profile Photo
Call_me_jorge
Broadway Legend
joined:1/9/15
Broadway Legend
joined:
1/9/15

"Tommymac 2 said: "If they were to go the “ Renée Rapp “ route , who do you think they should cast ?"

What does “‘Renee Rapp’ route” mean??

Tommymac 2
Understudy
joined:2/25/20
Understudy
joined:
2/25/20

Call_me_jorge said: ""Tommymac 2 said: "If they were to go the “ Renée Rapp “ route , who do you think they should cast ?"

What does “‘Renee Rapp’ route” mean??
"

Just an actor that did not have prior broadway / little to no  regional theater credits. 
 

absolutely love Renée and think it would be great to bring in someone who is virtually “ unknown” for the role of Lydia. 

Tommymac 2
Understudy
joined:2/25/20
Understudy
joined:
2/25/20

bwaywrldmember6853 said: "I find it really interesting that you mentioned Julia Nightingale. As incredibly talented as I think she is and she would probably be great for the role, you don’t usually see her name around the boards as she is up & coming. So, I feel like you know someone personally and are stirring up conversation for a purpose. And you just joined today...But I could be wrong! "

Just love Julia Nightingale ! I think she would be fantastic in that role. 

BroadwayRox3588 Profile PhotoBroadwayRox3588 Profile Photo
BroadwayRox3588
Broadway Legend
joined:10/5/16
Broadway Legend
joined:
10/5/16

Tommymac 2 said: "Just love Julia Nightingale ! I think she would be fantastic in that role."

Hey! You said "I!" Good job!

(The constant "we" thing was really getting on my nerves)

Updated On: 2/25/20 at 06:32 PM
Maximilia
Swing
joined:10/15/15
Swing
joined:
10/15/15

Gabriella Pizzolo would be great. As would Presley Ryan obviously. 

Updated On: 2/25/20 at 06:41 PM
Tommymac 2
Understudy
joined:2/25/20
Understudy
joined:
2/25/20

BroadwayRox3588 said: "Tommymac 2 said: "Just love Julia Nightingale ! I think she would be fantastic in that role."

Hey! You said "I!" Good job!

(The constant "we" thing was really getting on my nerves)
"

I was speaking for my girlfriend as well. That’s why I said WE 

JSquared2
Broadway Legend
joined:3/23/17
Broadway Legend
joined:
3/23/17

Tommymac 2 said: "BroadwayRox3588 said: "Tommymac 2 said: "Just love Julia Nightingale ! I think she would be fantastic in that role."

Hey! You said "I!" Good job!

(The constant "we" thing was really getting on my nerves)
"

I was speaking for my girlfriend as well. That’s why I said WE
"

So the 2 of you share a brain? It just seems odd -- that's all.  I was also hoping you were partial to the royal "we"!

 

Tommymac 2
Understudy
joined:2/25/20
Understudy
joined:
2/25/20
I guess we all have to wait and see who ends up being lydia. ... they haven’t hired another swing as of yet. So it’s pretty doubtful it will go to Presley.
Tommymac 2
Understudy
joined:2/25/20
Understudy
joined:
2/25/20

Maximilia said: "Gabriella Pizzolo would be great. As would Presley Ryan obviously."

Both good choices. Presley is fantastic. If they could work out logistics. It would be great. I just don’t see them hiring another swing to cover all those tracks. 

AEA AGMA SM
Broadway Legend
joined:8/13/09
Broadway Legend
joined:
8/13/09

Whether it's a new Lydia or a new swing, they'll need to hire someone. It is part of the Production Contract that they can't reduce the number in the cast after opening night. They won't be hit by any sort of fine for the immediate time, since it does sound like this was rather sudden and could be considered an emergency, but they will have to bring in somebody new before too long.

Did you know that every day Mexican gays cross our borders and unplug our brain-dead ladies?
Tommymac 2
Understudy
joined:2/25/20
Understudy
joined:
2/25/20

AEA AGMA SM said: "Whether it's a new Lydia or a new swing, they'll need to hire someone. It is part of the Production Contract that they can't reduce the number in the cast after opening night. They won't be hit by any sort of fine for the immediate time, since it does sound like this was rather sudden and could be considered an emergency, but they will have to bring in somebody new before too long."

Agreed. It’s so hard to tell what the hell happened. It’s starting to seem more and more that Sophia quit on the spot due to how the production is going about this. They don’t seem prepared. 

AEA AGMA SM
Broadway Legend
joined:8/13/09
Broadway Legend
joined:
8/13/09

TheatreFan4 said: "A contracted actor doesn't get to "quit on the spot" outside of a legitimate emergency. If production wasn't ready it's because something forced their hand to do it. She was fired."

Someone can quit at any time. It doesn't mean there won't be a financial penalty to do so, but if she decided she was done and did not want to give the proper amount of notice they couldn't actually force her to be there.

Did you know that every day Mexican gays cross our borders and unplug our brain-dead ladies?
dramamama611 Profile Photodramamama611 Profile Photo
dramamama611
Broadway Legend
joined:12/4/07
Broadway Legend
joined:
12/4/07
Well, yes, lots of people around here can. The other thread has talkied about this extensively.
If we're not having fun, then why are we doing it? These are DISCUSSION boards, not mutual admiration boards. Discussion only occurs when we are willing to hear what others are thinking, regardless of whether it is alignment to our own thoughts.