Skip to main content Skip to footer site map

Profile for JSquared2

Member Name: JSquared2
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

WEST SIDE STORY film delayed by a full year  Sep 24 2020, 01:18:51 PM

BrodyFosse123 said: "Sweets, legit press like Variety, The Hollywood Reporter, The New York Times. Not some random gossip blog. Hahaha. In that case, this message board falls into your criteria. Hahaha. "

Hey mods — why is this **** show of a thread being allowed to continue? 

The Music Man is up on the Marquee!!  Sep 21 2020, 05:26:04 PM

LaneBryant said: "Gross. That mess isn't opening in April. And after everything that's happening right now, after artists are fighting to make spaces more equitable and inclusive, and less racist and unsafe,nobody wants to mask up and risk catching Corona to watch that many White people do anything..... Do Better!!!!!!!"

Oh pipe down and stop being ridiculous. It’s happening and it’s going to be a great big fat hit. 

74th Annual Tony Awards will go digital this fall  Sep 21 2020, 04:19:22 PM

ACL2006 said: "I agree that it's odd there's no further details on this. Especially when it will air. "

They’re not happening until after Election Day — early December most likely. 

Kat McPhee Next Broadway Show?  Sep 20 2020, 07:49:38 PM

ZacharyC2 said: "Highland Guy said: "Call_me_jorge said: "It was just revealed on Twitter that KatharineMcPhee has donated to republicans as recently as July 24th, 2020.https://www.fec.gov/data/receipts/individual-contributions/?contributor_name=katharine+mcphee"

So what? Not everyone is a Bernie Bro.

"

Norbert Leo Butz vs Leo Norbert Butz???  Sep 15 2020, 12:16:53 PM

dancingthrulife1752 said: "Yeah I know! That's why I'm confused as to why he's credited as Leo Norbert Butz on the one song."

There's no deep hidden meaning --- just someone "f*cked up.

Ben Brantley Steps Down  Sep 10 2020, 04:50:16 PM

Roscoe said: "Looks like Tom Stoppard will have to find a new servant in the NYC press."

Stoppard was a critic's darling LONG before Brantley...

If You Could Cast Judy Garland In a Broadway Show?  Sep 7 2020, 08:28:02 PM

The Rink (with Liza, of course).

Chicago (Mama Morton)

Sunset Boulevard

Michael Reidel - New York Post  Sep 2 2020, 10:04:50 PM

Fagnes Gooch said: "Not hard enough."

You’ve really got some serious anger issues with the guy, don’t you?  

Jujamcyn Lawsuit  Aug 26 2020, 06:16:14 PM

suzycat said: "I feel for them, but far and away no business interruption insurance covers pandemics. As a business owner, this was the first question I asked my insurance agent back in March."

That may well be true for your particular policy -- but it is wholly inaccurate to claim that NO insurance policy covers pandemics. These cases will be filling the courts for the next decade or so.

DEH Movie Cast Controversy/Dream Cast  Aug 24 2020, 03:55:18 PM

Sutton Ross said: "Feeling a little feistytoday, are we? Okay, I'll play.

I said nothing about hating anyone. When I saw DEH, I was crying or absorbing his anxious energy the whole time. I have never been happier or more miserable in a theater. Ever. He was brilliant and deserved every award ever for that role. No other person has ever even come close to his portrayal. Not ever. However, he is not exciting or anything special on screen. Much like Audra or Norm, he shin

Jerry Seinfeld: So You Think New York Is ‘Dead’  Aug 24 2020, 03:45:43 PM

Sutton Ross said: "Thank you, Kad. Because I am supposed to careabout the opinion of a man who is worth $950 million, has a $5 million dollar home on the UWS, and a $17,000 coffee maker in his $40 million dollar East Hampton estate.

NAWP.

This should have been written by a real New Yorker who has actually struggled during this pandemic. Ridiculous.
"

I take it you either did not read (or could not understand) Seinfeld’s NYT piece. He’

Jerry Seinfeld: So You Think New York Is ‘Dead’  Aug 24 2020, 03:41:26 PM

SouthernCakes said: "Lived here for 8 years. And I’m still at a loss as to why people think it’s the greatest city in the world! I love aspects of
It, but greatest? Not to me. I think London got it right.

"

Bye. Don’t let the door hit you in the ass on the way out. 

Racist Rainbow  Aug 18 2020, 11:29:40 PM

Same As It Ever Was said: "JSquared2 said: "And your point for posting tweets that are 10 years old is??

To be fair, if he were a black man making gay jokes you wouldn’t care how old the tweets were.

"

Wanna bet?

Racist Rainbow  Aug 18 2020, 06:45:28 PM

And your point for posting tweets that are 10 years old is??

For Colored Girls  Aug 12 2020, 11:37:52 AM

troynow said: "Back again...

SO... For Colored Girls has booked The Booth Theatre with a First time director and NOT the cast from The Public.

Interesting returning the show to the same theatre it once premiered.

My only concern is that Camille is not experienced and will need to turn the show from the round to proscenium, new designers. And Leah G, has yet to be released or given credit.
"

Sorry troynow, but your intel is bad. There

Thoughts on the Broadway Wine Club?  Aug 4 2020, 09:54:00 PM
The fact that they say on their website that Jagged Little Pill would have swept the Tonys this year leads me to believe that no one with any serious ties to Broadway is involved and it’s just a business model conceived by some fan gurls.

LES MISERABLES: THE 2019 STAGED CONCERT Released Digitally Today  Aug 4 2020, 06:24:49 PM

Sutton Ross said: "There are now two Les Miserables concertsstarring Alfie Boe and Matt Lucas? What a time to be alive. Thank you!

And it's such a shame that you are being FORCED to watch them both!  Hey, wait a minute --- you aren't.  See how I fixed that for you?  You're welcome.

What happened to Jordan Roth?  Jul 24 2020, 11:52:59 AM

Sutton Ross said: "It's the summer, he's in the Hamptons enjoying his luxurious lifestyle. Rich people spend August in Italy on yachts so I'm sure that's where he'll be next. He can put whatever he wants on his personal account, but I understand why so many people were upset.

The people who are the leaders in American theater have been awfully quiet....
"

What would you have them say?  They have no more details or insight to what th

Shows that bring up special guests from the audience?  Jul 22 2020, 06:11:27 PM
There was also The Play What I Wrote, which had a famous “Mystery Guest Star” at each performance. Some of them were John Lithgow, Roger Moore, Alan Alda, Glenn Close, Nathan Lane and Jeff Goldblum.

Chad Kimball  Jul 13 2020, 07:12:01 PM

pollster2 said: "Has anyone else noticed how far right Come From Away's Chad Kimball is? Take a look at his likes on Twitter. It's terrifying."

Has anyone ever noticed how judgmental so many stans tend to be? It's also very terrifying.

You must log in to view off-topic posts.