In the Spotlight Series: WAITING FOR GODOT & NO MAN'S LAND's Patrick Stewart
Ian McKellen and Patrick Stewart star with Billy Crudup and Shuler Hensley in NO MAN'S LAND and Waiting for Godot directed by Sean Mathias. This limited engagement repertory season is now playing at the Cort Theatre (138 West 48th Street) where it will run through March 2 only. For performance schedule and more information, visitTwoPlaysInRep.com.
Below you can check out photos of Stewart in the BroadwayWorld.com series 'In The Spotlight' by acclaimed photographer Walter McBride!
Stewart most recently appeared on stage in Edward Bond's Bingo at the Young Vic and Chichester Festival Theatre, and as Shylock in a 2011 RSC production of The Merchant of Venice, directed by Rupert Goold. His previous collaboration with Goold, in the title role of Macbeth, played Chichester, London, BAM, and then Broadway, earned an Evening Standard Award and Tony and Olivier nominations. Stewart is an Honorary Associate Artist with the RSC, having appeared in over 60 productions, including most recently a 2008 production of Hamlet playing Claudius opposite David Tennant (Olivier Award), and repertory productions of Antony and Cleopatra and The Tempest in 2005. In 1978, he won an Olivier Award for his performance in Peter Brook's production of Antony and Cleopatra and was nominated for his role in The Merchant of Venice.He also appeared in the now legendary Peter Brook production of A Midsummer Night's Dream. On Broadway and West End stages, Stewart has appeared in A Life in the Theatre, The Master Builder, The Ride Down Mt. Morgan, and The Tempest. For his acclaimed solo production of A Christmas Carol, Stewart played over 40 characters, garnering an Olivier, Drama Desk, and What's on Stage Award. Perhaps best known as Captain Jean-Luc Picard of Star Trek: The Next Generation, both on television and film, and as Professor Charles Xavier from the X-Men films, Stewart has also enjoyed a successful film and television career, earning Golden Globe, Emmy, and SAG Award nominations. Screen appearances include King of Texas; Jeffrey; Dune; Excalibur; LA Story; Robin Hood: Men in Tights; Conspiracy Theory; Extras (for which he earned an Emmy nomination); The Lion in Winter; I, Claudius; and Tinker Tailor Soldier Spy. His vocal talents have been heard on "The Simpsons," "American Dad," and "Family Guy,"and as narrator of Seth MacFarlane's hit comedy, Ted. Stewart recently completed production on the Israeli film Hunting Elephants and the film adaptation of Stephen Belber's Match and will soon reprise his role as Professor Xavier in X-Men: Days of Future Past.
Photo Credit: Walter McBride
- Photo Coverage: On the Red Carpet with Helen Mirren, Jeremy Irons & More at the Roundabout Spring Gala
- In the Spotlight Series: The Company of ARLINGTON
- Photo Coverage: James Franco, Chris O'Dowd and OF MICE AND MEN Company Meet the Press!
- Photo Coverage: Tony Winner Stew Previews 'NEW STEW REVIEW' at 54 Below
- Photo Coverage: Remembering Sheila MacRae
- Photo Coverage: ALL THE WAY's Opening Night Red Carpet with Diane Paulus, Chris O'Dowd, Tracy Letts & More
- Photo Coverage: k.d. lang Performs 'Hallelujah' in AFTER MIDNIGHT
- Photo Coverage: OF MICE AND MEN's James Franco and Chris O'Dowd Stop by 'TimesTalks'
- Photo Coverage: Broadway Welcomes LBJ: Inside ALL THE WAY's Opening Night After Party
- Photo Coverage: Bryan Cranston & the Cast of ALL THE WAY Take Opening Night Broadway Bows!