Skip to main content Skip to footer site map

Page: 1

Say what you want, but for me, I am totally fed up with the police in the USA.

chicagodannyd
Stand-by
Stand-by

I grew up in a neighborhood in Chicago where crooked cops were commonplace.  I have witnessed cops committing crimes.  Today, I trust no cop, especially after seeing police in the USA, in numerous videos, killing people in the streets as if they were meat in a butcher shop.

America desperately needs a federal agency with teeth, to regulate, have oversight, and control of all police depts. in the USA.  Just as the Food and Drug Administration, and the Environmental Protection Agency, we need a strong, new agency that lays out in writing, in detail, the training, the required records and documentation, the procedures for safety, inspection procedures, conduct, and other areas to maintain lawful, safe policing in America.  And no unions would be allowed to stand in the way of firing rogue or criminal officers. 

On the first day of employment as a middle Manager for the Hanford, Washington, U.S. Department of Energy Facility, I was told in no uncertain terms, “If you break any environmental laws as an employee of the DOE, you will face prosecution.” A similar statement, applicable to law enforcement, should be read to every cop in America.  Period.   

keithfromQueens
uncageg Profile Photouncageg Profile Photo
uncageg
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend

Agreed. There are a lot of good cops out there. I know some. I think all of this is showing how broken their training and hiring system is. There has to be reorganization across the board to weed out these cops that are doing these things.

Just give the world Love.
Alex Kulak2
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend

As someone once said, if there are 12 bad cops and 1000 cops who say or do nothing about the 12, there are 1012 bad cops.

fosterfan2
Stand-by
Stand-by
Unfortunately many, NOT ALL,police departments have been infiltrated by white supremacists. I have a good friend who used to work in a police department,who told me this 11 years ago. This was going on before he and I met each other. I also agree with the OP 100%.
Updated On: 9/5/20 at 11:04 AM
qolbinau Profile Photoqolbinau Profile Photo
qolbinau
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
I do wonder if it’s the kind of profession that attracts people who get off on violence.
"Rose in Gypsy was like going through therapy for me. Playing Rose helped me put a lot of emotions to bed. There was so much lacking in Rose and that's why she had to prove herself through her children. [interviewer]In ways that reminded you of your mom?[/interviewer]. Let's just say the role was very interesting for me. That one was the most interesting [I've ever played]" - Bernadette Peters (2018)
yankeefan7
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend

Yes, there are bad police officers but there are also bad lawyers, politicians, doctors etc. It is not fair to judge group on the actions of a small minority. I totally understand that bad cops can take lives which is something much different than being bad/crooked in another profession.  Just remember, being a cop is not an easy job. You are putting your life on the line every day and the pay is not going to make you incredibly rich. Look yourself in the mirror and ask if you would want their job. When they doing something wrong, we just have to ensure they are punished to the full extent of the law. I am not an police expert so I do not know what additional type of training would help them do a better job. I think we have seen in police departments like NYPD, that more police departments have more non-white officers than white officers. 

Updated On: 9/6/20 at 10:25 AM
Same As It Ever Was
Understudy
Understudy
Only one of those groups systematically murders Black people. There’s another about a cop shooting an unarmed black person just about every day at this point.
Same As It Ever Was
Understudy
Understudy
Only one of those groups systematically murders Black people. There’s another about a cop shooting an unarmed black person just about every day at this point.
Mr Roxy Profile PhotoMr Roxy Profile Photo
Mr Roxy
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend

How about Chicago that has strong gun laws? They have nightly shooting incidents resulting in injuries and deaths. Are you ok with the slaughter going on nightly because it is not done by cops?.News media is silent other than reporting the statistics.

There are bad apples in every group. Reports of BLM intimidating innocent people. are not deemed newsworthy. BLM is a group with 3black women in charge. They are all devout marxist with a goal of toppling our govt and installing Marxism as the abiding law of the country. Sadly it looks like we are headed in that direction anyhow

I am glad I am not young and that I will not live under Marxist rule for long

Poster Emeritus
Updated On: 9/8/20 at 12:15 PM
Sutton Ross Profile PhotoSutton Ross Profile Photo
Sutton Ross
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend

BLM is a group with 3 black women in charge. They are all devout marxist with a goal of toppling our govt and installing Marxism as the abiding law of the country.

Say what you want, but for me, I am totally fed up with the police in the USA.

She/Her
ErikJ972 Profile PhotoErikJ972 Profile Photo
ErikJ972
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend

Mr Roxy said: "How about Chicago that has strong gun laws? They have nightly shooting incidents resulting in injuries and deaths. Are you ok with the slaughter going on nightly because it is not done by cops?.News media is silent other than reporting the statistics.

There are bad apples in every group. Reports of BLM intimidating innocent people. are not deemed newsworthy. BLM is a group with 3black women in charge. They are all devout marxist with a goal of toppling our govt and installing Marxism as the abiding law of the country. Sadly it looks like we are headed in that direction anyhow

"

Congrats Roxy. Everything in this post is false.

AEA AGMA SM
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend

Mr Roxy said: "How about Chicago that has strong gun laws? They have nightly shooting incidents resulting in injuries and deaths."

If anything I would say it's an argument for why we need strong national gun laws, as a state by state approach clearly doesn't work, especially for a major city that's right on the border of two other states.

Did you know that every day Mexican gays cross our borders and unplug our brain-dead ladies?
Call_me_jorge Profile PhotoCall_me_jorge Profile Photo
Call_me_jorge
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend

Mr Roxy said: "How about Chicago that has strong gun laws? They have nightly shooting incidents resulting in injuries and deaths. Are you ok with the slaughter going on nightly because it is not done by cops?.News media is silent other than reporting the statistics.

"

Chicago/Illinois borders states with some of the most lax gun laws in the nation. Any illegal gun found on the streets of Chicago come from neighboring Gary, Indiana or Wisconsin. The shootings in Chicago is tragic, but the issue stems from our cities history of over policing the black and Hispanic neighborhoods.

CarlosAlberto Profile PhotoCarlosAlberto Profile Photo
CarlosAlberto
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend

"

You actually had the audacity to type out that amount of word salad and hit "post message"...unFRIGGINbelievable!!

You should be ashamed. 

Pauly3
Featured Actor
Featured Actor

Same As It Ever Was said: "Only one of those groups systematically murders Black people. There’s another about a cop shooting an unarmed black person just about every day at this point."

Yankeefan7's point is valid.  Same As It Ever Was' point in his/her response quoted here is not valid.  Not only was the point not valid, it was reckless.  Look up the statistics of how many unarmed black people were killed by police in 2019 and compare it to the number of unarmed white people killed by police in 2019.  And note that "unarmed" doesn't infer innocence or lack of criminal behavior on the part of the unarmed victims.  Perhaps an honest conversation can occur once armed with a little knowledge (although I hold no real optimism).

Pauly3
Featured Actor
Featured Actor

ErikJ972 said: "Congrats Roxy. Everything in this post is false."

What Roxy said about Chicago was not false.  What Roxy said about the founders being devout Marxists may be true or false.  Co-founder Patrisse Cullors has stated she and another co-founder, Alicia Garza, are trained Marxists.  Perhaps stating one's training doesn't make one devout to that training.  Or maybe in this case it does.  I don't know, and I'm guessing you don't either.  Like most large groups, there will be bad apples just as Roxy (once again) correctly pointed out.  BLM is no exception.

Pauly3
Featured Actor
Featured Actor

Alex Kulak2 said: "As someone once said, if there are 12 bad cops and 1000 cops who say or do nothing about the 12, there are 1012 bad cops."

Your point (or rather someone's) is shortsighted.  Swap any other group of people for the word "cops" and the meaning doesn't change.

ErikJ972
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend

Pauly3 said: "Same As It Ever Was said: "Only one of those groups systematically murders Black people. There’s another about a cop shooting an unarmed black person just about every day at this point."

Yankeefan7's point is valid. Same As It Ever Was' point in his/her response quoted here is not valid. Not only was the pointnot valid, it was reckless. Look up the statistics of how many unarmed black people were killed by police in 2019 and compare it to the number of unarmed white people killed by police in 2019. And note that "unarmed" doesn't infer innocence or lack of criminal behavior on the part of the unarmed victims. Perhaps anhonest conversation can occur once armed with a little knowledge (although I hold no real optimism).
"

This is a gross misrepresentation of the facts that has been debunked over and over again. When you take into account population, black people are more than 2x as likely to be killed by the police than white people. 

Also Roxy said the gun violence in Chicago isn't covered in the media. Which is wrong. Just like everything else he wrote in that word salad.

darquegk Profile Photodarquegk Profile Photo
darquegk
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
Marxism is the dominant academic praxis for cultural analysis. Saying someone is a “trained Marxist” is just a euphemism for “went to a good college and got uppity.” It doesn’t actually mean they’re functional communists.
carnzee
Broadway Star
Broadway Star

Mr Roxy said: 

I am glad I am not young and that I will not live under Marxist rule for long"

What do you have against Harpo, Chico, and Groucho? 

Pauly3
Featured Actor
Featured Actor

ErikJ972 said: "Pauly3 said: "Same As It Ever Was said: "Only one of those groups systematically murders Black people. There’s another about a cop shooting an unarmed black person just about every day at this point."

Yankeefan7's point is valid. Same As It Ever Was' point in his/her response quoted here is not valid. Not only was the pointnot valid, it was reckless. Look up the statistics of how many unarmed black people were killed by police in 2019 and compare it to the number of unarmed white people killed by police in 2019. And note that "unarmed" doesn't infer innocence or lack of criminal behavior on the part of the unarmed victims. Perhaps anhonest conversation can occur once armed with a little knowledge (although I hold no real optimism).
"

This is a gross misrepresentation of the facts that has been debunked over and over again. When you take into account population, black people are more than 2x as likely to be killed by the police than white people.

"

I didn't misrepresent anything, and the 2019 statistic I mentioned has not been debunked.  Statistics can be analyzed in a number of ways, but what so many avoid is crime rates.  You, and those like you, focus instead on population and completely ignore crime rates.  Throwing out examples of wild racial disparities and using population to demonstrate your argument's merit is unreasonable at best.  Crime rates and their disparities provide a far better explanation for population-based disparities in police shootings.

ErikJ972
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
Pauly3
Featured Actor
Featured Actor

ErikJ972 said: "Change your username Mikey? Blah blah blah. More racist bull****.

https://news.northeastern.edu/2020/07/16/the-research-is-clear-white-people-are-not-more-likely-than-black-people-to-be-killed-by-police/
"

Mikey who?  Interesting article you chose to use in support of your argument.  However, it corroborates my point.  The author completely avoids crime rates.  Along with the content, the first part of the article's title, "The Research is Clear:" is indeed indicative of more racial bull****.  The author did write something that is true though:  "You can’t solve a problem unless you know what the problem is in the first place".  If only the author, and so many others, actually cared about this truth.