Skip to main content Skip to footer site map

Profile for Pauly3

Member Name: Pauly3
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

Great Shows That Deal With Racial Injustice  Jun 16 2020, 01:36:53 PM

There is much disagreement it was great, but Allegiance dealt with racial injustice that isn't well known from a very significant period of American history.

BANDSTAND will stream online this week!  Apr 13 2020, 07:27:32 PM

Anyone know if there is a compatible app available to stream Bandstand (and other Playbill offerings) on streaming devices, such as a Roku?

CENTER THEATER GROUP - Worst Season Ever?  Mar 5 2019, 07:16:13 PM

Larry6417 said: "ONCE ON THIS ISLAND being as immersive as the NYC staging was should also be playing the Taper."

Is ONCE ON THIS ISLAND touring, or is it a one-time deal at the Ahmanson?  If it is touring, why should it play the Taper?

"THE LAST SHIP, another dubious programming choice. My guess is that it never would have been part of the season had STING not agreed to do it."

You might b

Original Production of LES MISERABLES in London Will Take Hiatus and Re-Open With New Staging  Jan 11 2019, 02:00:08 PM

Comparing the longevity of runs between the revised version and the original - and declaring the original to be the superior money maker, doesn't quite click.  I also prefer the original, but that version had all but stopped touring.  Was this because the demand was low or for other reasons?  The revised version is now in its 2nd US tour - and seemingly doing very well.  The revised version on Broadway ran about twice as long as the first revival of the original.&

Going into Hamilton Blind  Dec 31 2018, 02:17:02 PM

If you're leaning at all towards giving your family members any sort of introduction, take a look at this piece from "CBS Sunday Morning".  It was produced before the Broadway production - and is interesting.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0wboCdgzLHg

Telecharge Help!  Oct 22 2018, 05:55:11 PM

I have seen this error too, but more often than not I see the error when first clicking "Find Tickets".  I have had success simply by changing web browsers.  Microsoft Edge has worked well for me.

Broadway Grosses: Week Ending 12/24/17  Dec 28 2017, 01:02:52 AM

barcelona20 said: "OOTI looking good."

Jarethan said: "In what universe? The gross still reflects discounted tickets in this the second or third busiest week of the year."

The (increased) gross also reflects only 7 performances.  "Looking good" may be a stretch in the big picture (based on known and unknown info), but the related comment was a long way from wholly unreasonable (based on known and unknown 

Anastasia or Miss Saigon?  Dec 18 2017, 06:28:47 PM

I saw Lianah Sta Ana as well and thought she was quite good.  It took a little while for me to fully warm up to her, but I got there while still in the first act.  Going in knowing I would not be seeing Eva Noblezada, I wasn't too disappointed as I knew the London recording on DVD/Blu-ray (with Eva) will be released at some point....and could get the Blu-ray from Amazon UK anytime and play it on any Blu-ray player as it is not region coded.

I liked Anastasi

Broadway Grosses: Week Ending 12/17/17  Dec 18 2017, 05:38:32 PM

Warbucks2 said: "For a week where most shows took a dip, happy to see OOTI makinga slight increase over last week. I'm hopeful (and so far the numbers seem to be proving out) that this will continue to followa very similar word of mouth path to success as Come From Away - which had very similar numbers in its initial weeks and gradually kept growing and growing as more people discoveredhow incredible of a show it is."

Jarethan said: "Ac

The moral ambiguity of Dear Evan Hansen  Oct 24 2017, 06:04:24 PM

bear88 said: "But go ahead. Beat up on fans of the closed show that lost investors millions and got deemed racist to boot."

Liza's Headband said: "
What shred of evidence do you have to evensuggestthis, much less proclaim it with such confidence?"

bear88 posted long response.

Liza's Headband said: "Somehow, through that unnecessarily long diatribe, you never even addressed m

Oak Speaks out on great comet controversy  Oct 4 2017, 10:22:35 PM

perfectlymarvelous said, in part: "Broadway could and should be doing more to make every ensemble look like Great Comet's. Which is why I fail to understand and also disagree with this point in basically any context in which it could have occurred."

OK, but if an actual dialog amongst those with opposing view points could be had, maybe some common ground could be found.  Oak seems to be willing to talk now.  Maybe some understanding on Oak's part th

Oak Speaks out on great comet controversy  Oct 4 2017, 09:27:39 PM

In the article, Onaodowan doesn't specifically address the "Comet" controversy surrounding his leaving, and he doesn't clarify or expand on what he means by "there is more to diversity than just existing, it must be nurtured--and that's where The Great Comet failed" - and similar brief comments.  It might be nice to hear him go further and specifically explain what he sees as Comet's failure.  Maybe he did, and the writer e

Hamilton LA Ticket For Sale Thursday 10/05  Oct 2 2017, 07:48:36 PM

You mean right center Orchestra?  There is no row H in the right orchestra section.

Allegiance Coming to LA  Sep 18 2017, 08:56:18 PM

Also returning to movie screens in the U.S. on December 7, 2017: http://allegiancemusical.com/article/allegiance-film-encore/

Happy for George and the entire Allegiance family.

Miss Saigon: Jan 14/18 Closing  Aug 28 2017, 07:42:30 PM

Why would the fact this run was never considered open ended reduce the chance of closing before the scheduled end date?  The gross percentage of potential gross is already at 42%, and that's with more than 2000 fewer potential seats sold per week than what was potentially available earlier in the run.

Sorry OP.  I'm just providing what appears (to me) to be cause for realistic concern.

Anyone have any experience at either of these hotels?  Aug 18 2017, 06:03:40 PM

The Doubletree Times Square West just opened earlier this year and is nice, safe and clean.  The crowded lobby and too few elevators situation is not a lot of fun (you have probably read comments in the reviews).  For only a night, that situation likely won't be too much of an issue though.  Unless heavily discounted on longer stays, I won't consider staying there again.

Miss Saigon????  Jun 27 2017, 05:53:02 PM

youwillbefound2 said: "When he's fighting with Ellen he says something along the lines of how he only fell in love with Kim because he was in Saigon and she was the only good thing he could find or something along those lines. And then he chooses Ellen over Kim and decides to leave her and their SON in Bangkok. That really made me hate Chris. 
"

And then he chooses Ellen over Kim...?  What time frame are you referring to?&n

Decline in Quality  Jun 7 2017, 06:00:14 PM

Hamilton and Phantom are two good examples of shows I don't see declining, at least not declining in any significant way.  I saw both fairly recently, and Hamilton was just about as good as the first time I saw it with the original cast.  I saw two standbys (Jevon McFerrin as Hamilton & Syndee Winters as Angelica) and one understudy (Nik Walker as Burr), and I didn't miss the original cast nor did I feel the least bit bad about missing three of the primary cast members.<

2017-2018 Touring Season  May 26 2017, 05:54:28 PM

An Allegiance tour has not been announced.  A couple of regional engagements have been announced though:

Allegiance - Los Angeles premiere in 2018 (2/21 - 4/1)

Allegiance - Boston premiere in 2018 (5/4 - 6/2)

Broadway Grosses: Week Ending 3/26/17  Mar 27 2017, 07:44:28 PM

Skimbleshanks2 said: "Also, people should see COME FROM AWAY before the buzz truly picks up... I see it winning Best Musical..."

Skimbleshanks2, has your opinion of Come From Away changed since you previously posted you did not like it (two days ago in the Reviews thread)?  Or how is that you see it winning Best Musical despite your dislike?

I just read the two threads back to back, thus the bewilderment.

You must log in to view off-topic posts.