Profile for fosterfan2

Member Name: fosterfan2
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.
Profile: I love Wicked and Sutton Foster. I don't see many shows,unless it's a national touring company,because I don't live in N.Y.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

Happy Birthday Betty Buckley!  Jul 3 2020, 06:33:38 PM

Thanks so much for sharing this. This is the BEST performance of Knowing When to Leave that I've ever heard. I have the recording from the 2010 revival and I can hear where Kristin Chenoweth tried to copy some of Betty's notes. She did well,but Betty's version is the best. And it's a hard song to sing.

How is everyone doing?  Jul 2 2020, 11:21:19 PM

I just hope 2021 will be better than 2020.

Best Cast of a movie musical ever, what's your favorite?  Jul 2 2020, 06:08:30 PM

Chicago,Oliver,The Sound of Music,Mary Poppins,The Wizard of Oz,Meet Me in St.Louis(1944)

Rita Moreno in West Side story.

Broadway Babies  Jun 30 2020, 08:43:31 PM

I was born in 1964,on the day Hello Dolly! opened. It was one of my dad's favorite musicals.

B'way closed thru 1/3 now  Jun 30 2020, 05:40:45 PM

sabrelady said: "There was never a vaccine for SARS

Wasn't required as it proved to be a hospital borne not community borne disease

SARS-COVID-19 is the exact opposite a virulent community based virus .

I have Pulled the following info from The Jenner Institute

A chimpanzee adenovirus vaccine vector (ChAdOx1), developed at Oxford’s Jenner Institute, was chosen as the most suitable vaccine technology for a SARS-CoV-2 vacci

The Great "Bright" Way  Jun 24 2020, 09:13:47 PM

Thanks. :)

Dreamcast: Desiree Armfeldt  Jun 24 2020, 09:11:44 PM

Jarethan said: "I agree with everyone mentioned so far, with the exception of Katrina Lenk. Maybe when she's a little older. Don't agree at all re Rue McClanahan. My preference: Donna Murphy."

I agree with you re Katrina Lenk; I love her,but I also think it might work better when she's a bit older. Donna Murphy is 59 or 60,and she can still pull it off. She and Katrina both look younger than they are,but I can visualize her in this.

Dreamcast: Desiree Armfeldt  Jun 24 2020, 09:07:07 PM

Agree with Jordan and Jarethan--Donna Murphy. She is the first person who came to my mind.

The Great "Bright" Way  Jun 24 2020, 05:28:31 PM

What is the origin of "Great White Way"? How did Broadway get that nickname?

Flying Over Sunset - Previews Thread  Jun 24 2020, 05:25:52 PM

Call_me_jorge said: "I hope Roundabout can end up postponing Caroline or Change"

OT: I hope Company comes back.

Where will theatre reopen in the country first?  Jun 16 2020, 05:39:30 PM

Jordan Levinson said: "Regional theaters everywhere are planning to reimagine the live experience, social distancing and masks intact for the time being. Expect some of those to open first, albeit without national tours (I think those could come back gradually if all goes well with Broadway). I'm not so sure exactly where the first notable reopening will be, though.

Some mightsay that Spring 2021 couldbe too soonfor a Broadway comeback at the moment. Right now, I don&#

How long will it be safe to return to Broadway?  Jun 16 2020, 05:32:44 PM

Kad said: "The protests will be long gone by the time Broadway reopens."

Yeah,as long as police behave themselves and stop killing unarmed Black people.

Your biggest Broadway crush  Jun 15 2020, 05:23:46 PM

Katrina Lenk.

Your First Broadway Show  Jun 14 2020, 03:02:43 PM

Do national tours count? Since I don't live in New York,the first show I ever saw was the National Tour of Showboat,when I was about 6. I didn't understand the plot,but I loved the music. My dad used to like to sing "Old Man River". He and my mom were big theater buffs,so I grew up listening to cast albums before I was old enough to go to a show. I was really hooked on Broadway by the time I was 10 and still am! Even more as an adult.

The first show I ever saw in New

COMPANY opening number for NYT Offstage  Jun 12 2020, 10:40:55 PM

Who's hitting the high note late in the number? It's really fantastic. A high soprano.

COMPANY opening number for NYT Offstage  Jun 12 2020, 11:12:58 AM

Love this! I also sent you a PM. Hope you received it. Stay safe and have a great day! Can't wait for Company to come back. :)

Loretta Switheart!  Jun 11 2020, 09:08:09 PM

Who? Swit or Lenk?

OT,sort of: I read on another site that Tori Spelling is charging $95 for a virtual meet and greet. Talk about a has-been.

Loretta Switheart!  Jun 11 2020, 06:26:30 PM

It made me laugh too. I hope I don't go on about Katrina Lenk as much as he goes on about Loretta Swit. I try not to!

On 6/9 Patti Said Company Won't Start In September  Jun 10 2020, 06:20:08 PM

HogansHero said: "Jordan Catalano said: "In seven months? I’d imagine by then the city will be trying to get tourists to come back, yes "

Nope, just the opposite. The city is scared to death that tourists from the South will bring their diseases and bad habits to New York and disrupt the fragile ecosystem we have worked so hard to construct. And it seems likely that there will still be an embargo on foreign tourists (not to mention a total lack of

Happy Birthday Judy Garland  Jun 10 2020, 06:14:40 PM

The legendary Judy Garland would've been 98 today. She was a treasure.

You must log in to view off-topic posts.