COMEDY SCHOOL DROPOUT Announces Dec 2013 Lineup at Beauty Bar
Negin Farsad, Becky Yamamoto and Kendra Cunningham present the weekly standup show, Comedy School Dropout. In the grand tradition of East Village alternative rooms, Comedy School Dropout brings top-notch standup comics, the occasional comedy musical act, subversive duo, or extremely talented threesome, to the stage for the cut-rate price of zero dollars!
Comedy School Dropout comedians have been featured on MTV, Comedy Central, IFC, Showtime and most other known network channels. Three weeks worth of kick-ass lineups are below. And yes, the rumors of FREE PIZZA from the East Village's own Krust are true...very, very true.
December 4th 2013:
· Abbi Crutchfield is a comedian featured on Comedy Central, VH1, CollegeHumor and in national commercials. Her jokes are listed among the Best Tweets of the Year by Huffington Post Comedy. On Twitter @CurlyComedy
· Gabe Morales began performing Standup @Comic Strip Live in NYC in 2004 and now performs standup comedy at bars, clubs, hosts shows and warms up audiences with laughter from Coast to Coast with his unique wit, amazing timing and delivery. On Twitter @MoRaLeSGaBe
· Giulia Rozzi is regularly seen on Vh1's The Greatest and on Playboy TV's Foursome: Walk Of Shame. She has also appeared on MTV, TLC, The Artie Lange Show, Italio MTV, Late Night Republic, and starred in the independent film Party Like It's A Verb. She is an alum of both Improv Olympic West and the Upright Citizens Brigade improve. On Twitter @GiuliaRozzi
· Dan Wilbur writing is featured onCollegehumor.com, McSweeney's, the Onion News Network. His stand-up was featured in the North Carolina Comedy Arts Festival, The Cleveland Comedy Festival, and at places like Stand-Up NY or the Boston Comedy Studio. On Twitter @DanWilbur
December 11th 2013:
· Jay Nog has been featured on MTV, in Talent in Motion magazine as one of NYC's "top up-and-coming comics", Nat Geo's Brain Games, and as a guest host on AMC's "Movie Date Night". Nog has opened for national headliners Jim Florentine, Adam Ferrrara, Rich Vos and Patrice O'Neal. He is also a member of the sketch group Grandma's Favorite and the host of the weekly podcast Childhood Memories (http://childhoodmemories.podbean.com/). On Twitter @JayNog
· Amanda Baramki once got a fortune cookie that said "Something will happen in the future." Nothing did. She likes to go to 99cent stores....and browse! Amanda love useless crap. She dabbles in photography, but she thinks she needs a niche. Instead of headshots, how about footshots? Why not? Come see her perform and she will make you giggle. On Twitter @amandabaramki
· Jim Tews, in 2007 he was a finalist in the Boston Comedy Festival, In 2008 he created the "popular" web series The Opener for HBO's new media division and in 2010 he was the winner of the New York Comedy Contest. He was also one of 2011's New Faces at Just For Laughs Montreal. On Twitter @jimtews
· Sasheer Zamata work has been featured in BUST, Jezebel, Hairpin, Vulture, Think Progress, Clutch Magazine, Time Out New York and The New York Times. She's done stand up at the Bridgetown Comedy Festival, the Great American Comedy Festival, the Letterman Showcase in the North Carolina Comedy Arts Festival, Comedy Central's Comics to Watch Showcase, and has opened for John Mulaney and the Bonnaroo365 tour. Cosmo also listed her as a comic to watch. On Twitter @TheSheertruth
December 18th 2013:
· Angela Cobb On Twitter @angelacobb
· Lizzie Martinez
· Alexis Guerreros has a podcast "Show me Your Bits" (https://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/show-me-your-bits-podcast/id508682787) On Twitter @NotAlexis
Hosts/curators/grand poobahs, Negin Farsad, Becky Yamamoto, and Kendra Cunningham are bringing their none-too-shabby experience to the Beauty Bar stage. Farsad, an Iranian-American comic, was recently named one of the Top 50 Female Comedians by Huffington Post and has written for and performed on an MTV, Comedy Central series, Nickelodeon and a PBS animated series, an IFC newsy show, and umpteen web projects. She is also director of the recent feature film release Nerdcore Rising which premiered at SXSW, winning various awards for best film and best director. Her work has been called "hilarious" by Salon, the Austin Chronicle, the Wall Street Journaland a lot of other publications who chose to use the same adjective. Becky Yamamoto, long time fixture to the NY Comedy scene, she can regularly be seen at comedy hot spots like UCB, Ars Nova, The PIT, and Here.
Comedy School Dropout runs at Beauty Bar, 231 East 14th (Between 2nd & 3rd) on WEDNESDAYS! Free.