Andrew Lloyd Webber's New Musical STEPHEN WARD Opens Tonight in London's West End
Stephen Ward, which has music by Andrew Lloyd Webber and book and lyrics by playwright Christopher Hampton and lyricist Don Black, opens tonight, 19 December 2013 at the Aldwych Theatre. The production, directed by Richard Eyre, is currently previewing with booking to 1 March 2014. Set and Costume designs are by Rob Howell, with lighting by Peter Mumford, sound by Paul Groothuis, projection design by Jon Driscoll and choreography by Stephen Mear. Stephen Ward is produced by Robert Fox Limited and The Really Useful Group. BroadwayWorld has a first look below!
The cast comprises Alexander Hanson as Stephen Ward, Charlotte Spencer as Christine Keeler, Charlotte Blackledge as MAndy Rice Davies, Anthony Calf as Lord Astor, Daniel Flynn as John Profumo, Joanna Riding asValerie Hobson, Ian Conningham as Ivanov, Chris Howell as Murray, Ricardo Coke Thomas as Lucky Gordon and Wayne Robinson as Johnny Edgecombe. Other cast members are Martin Callaghan, Kate Coyston, Jason Denton, Julian Forsyth, Amy Griffiths, Paul Kemble, Emma Kate Nelson, Carl Sanderson, Emily Squibb, John Stacey, Helen Ternent and Tim Walton.
1963. The scandal that shocked society. Stephen Ward charts the rise and fall from grace of the society osteopath. Friend to film stars, spies, models, government ministers and aristocrats, his rise and ultimate disgrace coincided with the increasingly permissive lifestyle of London's elite in the early 1960's. The musical centres on Ward's involvement with the young and beautiful Christine Keeler and their chance meeting in a West End night club which led to one of the biggest political scandals and trials of the 20th century.
For more information, visit: www.stephenwardthemusical.com.
Photo Credit: Nobby Clark
- The Malachites to Present THE MERCHANT OF VENICE, 19 March - 19 April
- Breaking News: Lin-Manuel Miranda & Karen Olivo to Star in tick, tick...BOOM! for Encores! FAUST and PUMP BOYS Announced
- BOEING BOEING Begins 3/20 at Texas Repertory Theatre
- Photo Flash: First Look - Hampton Theatre Company's THE FOREIGNER, Opening 3/13
- Six Lips Theatre to Present HOUSE OF TRAGIC SHE, 30 May-1 June
- Photo Flash: Jeremy Kushnier & Catherine Cox Visit Cast of Marymount Manhattan College's FOOTLOOSE
- The Barn Players Adds 3/13 Performance of BLOODY BLOODY ANDREW JACKSON
- The Barn Players to Present Stephen Sondheim's FOLLIES, 4/18-5/4
- Photo Flash: Inside AMERICAN SHOWSTOPPERS: AN EVENING OF JERRY HERMAN with Beth Leavel, Klea Blackhurst, Fred Barton & More
- Rupert Holmes to Headline New York Theatre Barn's Master Class Benefit, 4/13