Andrew Lloyd Webber's New Musical STEPHEN WARD Opens Tonight in London's West End
Stephen Ward, which has music by Andrew Lloyd Webber and book and lyrics by playwright Christopher Hampton and lyricist Don Black, opens tonight, 19 December 2013 at the Aldwych Theatre. The production, directed by Richard Eyre, is currently previewing with booking to 1 March 2014. Set and Costume designs are by Rob Howell, with lighting by Peter Mumford, sound by Paul Groothuis, projection design by Jon Driscoll and choreography by Stephen Mear. Stephen Ward is produced by Robert Fox Limited and The Really Useful Group. BroadwayWorld has a first look below!
The cast comprises Alexander Hanson as Stephen Ward, Charlotte Spencer as Christine Keeler, Charlotte Blackledge as MAndy Rice Davies, Anthony Calf as Lord Astor, Daniel Flynn as John Profumo, Joanna Riding asValerie Hobson, Ian Conningham as Ivanov, Chris Howell as Murray, Ricardo Coke Thomas as Lucky Gordon and Wayne Robinson as Johnny Edgecombe. Other cast members are Martin Callaghan, Kate Coyston, Jason Denton, Julian Forsyth, Amy Griffiths, Paul Kemble, Emma Kate Nelson, Carl Sanderson, Emily Squibb, John Stacey, Helen Ternent and Tim Walton.
1963. The scandal that shocked society. Stephen Ward charts the rise and fall from grace of the society osteopath. Friend to film stars, spies, models, government ministers and aristocrats, his rise and ultimate disgrace coincided with the increasingly permissive lifestyle of London's elite in the early 1960's. The musical centres on Ward's involvement with the young and beautiful Christine Keeler and their chance meeting in a West End night club which led to one of the biggest political scandals and trials of the 20th century.
For more information, visit: www.stephenwardthemusical.com.
Photo Credit: Nobby Clark
- Top Tracks & Albums: Pharrell Williams' HAPPY Continues to Dominate iTunes' Top Singles, Week Ending 4/20
- Top Reads: J. R. Ward's THE KING Jumps to Top of New York Times Bestellers, Week Ending 4/20
- Adele Plans Comeback Concert at London's Royal Albert Hall
- Spielberg on Board for THE GOONIES Sequel
- Prince Returns to Warner Bros. and Plans to Release New Albums
- KISS' Paul Stanley Feels Closely Connected to THE PHANTOM OF THE OPERA
- THE CRIPPLE OF INISHMAAN, Starring Daniel Radcliffe, Opens Tonight!
- VIOLET, Starring Sutton Foster, Opens Tonight!
- Now Playing Onstage in Ft. Myers/Naples - Week of 4/20/2014