Page: 1

Halloween 2007, SPOILERS, What a mess!!

songanddanceman2 Profile Photosonganddanceman2 Profile Photo
songanddanceman2
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
Halloween 2007, SPOILERS, What a mess!!#1
Posted: 8/28/07 at 8:53am
Grrrrr ive just managed to see a copy of the new Halloween film and was horrified at how wrong Rob Zombie has managed to get this film.

Gone is all the tension, Suspense and leaving anything to the imagination, Now its replaced with blood, gore and a huge body count.

Laurie is now just another sexually charged teenager and her friends are some of the most vile girls on film.

The film starts with Laurie's real family who now appear to be trailer trash (Mums a stripper, Dads a foul mouthed drunk and sister is a bit of a bitch).Unlike the original film with the suspenseful opening of Michael winding through the house to his sisters bedroom and killing her, he now kills his Sister, Father, sisters boyfriend , Boy at school and nurse all under aged 10!!!.

The film uses the F word about 100 times in the first 20 mins (very rob zombie) and goes for OTT shocks to get a reaction from the audience.Once michael is institutionalized we watch him and Dr loomis in some of the worst written dialog ever heard.

Michael then escapes (to stupid to explain) the comes back to Haddonfield to find his sister Laurie.Everything which made the original stalk so suspenseful is gone.Rob Zombie must believe that if you don't kill someone in every 5 mins the film will be no good (everyone gets killed who has any dialog to speak).

The main problem is their is no clear person to root for.In the original it was Laurie played amazingly well by Jamie Lee Curtis but in this film Laurie is not introduced till half way in and when she is you just plain don't like her.

The last 40 mins of the film goes in to overdrive with blood flying everywhere , breast flying everywhere and your patience flying everywhere.All the characters appear to be sharing a brain cell and it does not resemble a Halloween film in any way(except a few shots)

If your expecting the famous scene of Laurie hiding in the closet and michael breaking in ITS GONE, The scene where Annie is killed in the car ITS GONE even the ending is changed and a let down (with the typical last moment jolt which was so un needed)

Everyone in this film is BAD.Malcom Mcdowell chews the scenery all the way through and looks like he is trying to copy Donald Pleasence performance.Scout Taylor Compton is a ghastly Laurie and Kristina Klebe is so vile you are rooting for Michael to kill her.

Sherie Moon Zombie is still performing crimes against acting and Dee Walace barely registers as Lauries adopted mum.and the rest of the cast are made up of bad actors galore (except Danielle Harris who is massively underused)

Zombies directing is like a high school class in how to make a slasher film and his writing is even worse (it makes halloween 5 and 6 look like masterpieces).

The Halloween music is still there but every time it comes on it just reminds you how good the original is.

Avoid Avoid Avoid

End of Rant

Namo i love u but we get it already....you don't like Madonna
Yankeefan007
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
What is the ending to this version?

PM me if you don't want to ruin it for all.
songanddanceman2
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
I have sent you a PM you with the ending Yankee x
SkierRob02 Profile PhotoSkierRob02 Profile Photo
SkierRob02
Broadway Star
Broadway Star
Too bad. I was so looking forward to this movie. All the trailers looked great. However, I was worried about the script and the changes Zombie made.

Am I correct in seeing in the trailer that Laurie goes off the balcony with him? UGH!!

Could you PM me the ending?
"Theater is not only the meeting place of all the arts, but the return of art to life." -- Oscar Wilde
songanddanceman2
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
Sent It x

Remember this is just my opinion you guys may love it, i guess it depends on if you are a fan of the original.If you are i cant see anyone loving this
Patronus Profile PhotoPatronus Profile Photo
Patronus
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
The original is my favorite film of all time and I actually love the sequels. I'm very much looking forward to seeing the film on Friday (and this is coming from someone who rarely goes to the movies). I don't expect to love it, but I'm looking forward to evaluating it on my own.

Thanks for the review.
rosscoe(au) Profile Photorosscoe(au) Profile Photo
rosscoe(au)
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
"Sherie Moon Zombie is still performing crimes against acting"

I think i wet myself a little from reading that line.
Well I didn't want to get into it, but he's a Satanist. Every full moon he sacrifices 4 puppies to the Dark Lord and smears their blood on his paino. This should help you understand the score for Wicked a little bit more. Tazber's: Reply to Is Stephen Schwartz a Practicing Christian
songanddanceman2
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
I also love the original film and all the cheesy sequels but this film was just horrid.About half way through i wanted top pull out my own eyeballs and eat them so i never had to see this film again.
jimnysf
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
Why do we need a remake when the original was perfect and is available on DVD? This is like Gus Van Sant when he decided to remake "Psycho".
"I've lost everything! Luis, Marty, my baby with Chris, Chris himself, James. All I ever wanted was love." --Sheridan Crane "Passions" ------- "Housework is like bad sex. Every time I do it, I swear I'll never do it again til the next time company comes."--"Lulu" from "Can't Stop The Music" ----- "When the right doors didn't open for him, he went through the wrong ones" - "Sweet Bird of Youth" ------------ --------- "Passions" is uncancelled! See NBC.com for more info.
songanddanceman2
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
This is been called a re imagining (Hmmm) and is not a shot for shot remake like Psycho.Im not sure which film they were re imagining but it sure as hell was not Halloween
Anakela Profile PhotoAnakela Profile Photo
Anakela
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: Halloween 2007, SPOILERS, What a mess!!#10
Posted: 8/28/07 at 11:32am
The last 40 mins of the film goes in to overdrive with blood flying everywhere , breast flying everywhere and your patience flying everywhere.

Sherie Moon Zombie is still performing crimes against acting

About half way through i wanted top pull out my own eyeballs and eat them so i never had to see this film again.

Ok, just had to say that I loved your review- crimes against acting, hee. Thanks for the laughs!
Patronus
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: Halloween 2007, SPOILERS, What a mess!!#11
Posted: 8/28/07 at 12:12pm
Do we get to see Danielle Harris' ta-tas? re: Halloween 2007, SPOILERS, What a mess!!
songanddanceman2
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: Halloween 2007, SPOILERS, What a mess!!#12
Posted: 8/28/07 at 12:15pm
Yes , hers , all her friends, random extras, i half expected Michael Myers to get his out
Patronus
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
Excellent!
spiderdj82 Profile Photospiderdj82 Profile Photo
spiderdj82
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
First off, I LOVE Danielle Harris.

Secondly . . . nothing, and I mean nothing, can be as bad as Halloween 6 and 8. NOTHING!

If this movie just brings Michael back to being a bad ass and scary, I will be happy because (with the exception of 4 and H20) Michael is a ****.

I can tell it's not going to be my favorite of the series (#1, 4, and 6) takes those spots, but it looks like it has potential.

Oh yeah, and Danielle Freakin' Harris is in it. That is something going for it right there. Did I mention that I LOVE her?!?!?! re: Halloween 2007, SPOILERS, What a mess!!
"They're eating her and then they're going to eat me. OH MY GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOD!!!!" -Troll 2