Skip to main content Skip to footer site map

Poll Results: Is 'Turkey Lurkey Time' a Thanksgiving or Christmas Song?

We asked our readers if they think 'Turkey Lurkey Time' is a Thanksgiving song or a Christmas song, and the results are in!

In 1968, Promises, Promises, a musical based on the 1960 film The Apartment, premiered on Broadway. Featuring music by Burt Bacharach, lyrics by Hal David, and a book by Neil Simon, the show features enduring classics like "Say a Little Prayer," "A House Is Not a Home" and "I'll Never Fall in Love Again," but none left such a legacy (especially at this time of year) as "Turkey Lurkey Time." The song has undoubtedly become a beloved classic of the musical theatre holiday cannon... but which holiday?

We asked our readers if they think 'Turkey Lurkey Time' is a Thanksgiving song or a Christmas song, and the results are in!

24% of our readers think we should be turkey lurkeying while we make our Thanksgiving dinner, while the other 76% believe we should wait to listen to the tune until Christmas.

Poll Results: Is 'Turkey Lurkey Time' a Thanksgiving or Christmas Song?

Plus, see if Broadway's finest agree with you! In 2019 we asked Tony Yazbeck, Sierra Boggess, Christopher Sieber, Norm Lewis, and more whether 'Turkey Lurkey Time' was a Christmas or Thanksgiving song.




BroadwayWorld Shop
Shop BroadwayWorld

Shop this season's new musicals! Get dressed up for a night at the theatre, or just a night at home, with merch from some of Broadway's biggest hits including SOME LIKE IT HOT, KIMBERLY AKIMBO, and more!

Start Shopping



Related Stories
Photos: Inside Opening Night of Irish Reps ENDGAME Photo
Endgame officially opened last night, February 2, at Irish Repertory Theatre. BroadwayWorld was there and you can check out photos from the big night here!

Photos: Tony Kushner and Samuel D. Hunter Appear in Conversation at the Signature Theatre Photo
Last night, at the Signature Theatre, Tony Kushner and Samuel D. Hunter appeared in conversation and filmed a segment for a later digital release. BroadwayWorld was there to capture photos of the pair backstage following the event.

Photos: Bebe Neuwirth Visits Jinkx Monsoon Backstage at CHICAGO Photo
Bebe Neuwirth stopped by Chicago to visit Jinkx Monsoon, who currently stars in the production, for Teachers' Night on Broadway. Teacher's Night on Broadway celebrated 500 New York City public school educators by treating them to a showing of the musical Chicago. BroadwayWorld was there and you can check out photos here!

Photos: First Look At SUNSET BOULEVARD At The Kennedy Center Photo
The John F. Kennedy Center for the Performing Arts has released photos of the highly-anticipated Broadway Center Stage production of Andrew Lloyd Webber’s Tony Award-winning Best Musical, Sunset Boulevard starring Tony Award- winner Stephanie J. Block.


From This Author - BWW Polls


Poll Results: Is 'Turkey Lurkey Time' a Thanksgiving or Christmas Song?Poll Results: Is 'Turkey Lurkey Time' a Thanksgiving or Christmas Song?
November 23, 2022

We asked our readers if they think 'Turkey Lurkey Time' is a Thanksgiving song or a Christmas song, and the results are in!

Poll Results: BroadwayWorld Readers Respond To Times Square Casino DevelopmentPoll Results: BroadwayWorld Readers Respond To Times Square Casino Development
October 26, 2022

With the theatre community weighing in on this new possibility, we polled our readers on if there should be a casino in Times Square or not, and the results are in!

BWW Polls: Should There Be a Casino in Times Square?BWW Polls: Should There Be a Casino in Times Square?
October 24, 2022

We want to hear from you! Do you think there should be a casino in Times Square?

BWW Polls: Do Discount Tickets Impact Your Ticket Purchases?BWW Polls: Do Discount Tickets Impact Your Ticket Purchases?
June 29, 2022

How likely would a discount impact your decision to make a ticket purchase?

Poll Results: BroadwayWorld Readers Respond To Mask Policy ChangePoll Results: BroadwayWorld Readers Respond To Mask Policy Change
June 22, 2022

With Broadway theatres adopting a 'mask optional' policy in July, we polled our readers on if they would still wear a mask at Broadway shows next month, and the results are in.