STAGE TUBE: Listen to Perez Hilton Sing 'A Perez Hilton Christmas' on Broadway's CAROLS FOR A CURE, Vol. 14!
Listen to celebrity gossip blogger Perez Hilton on Youtube, singing the song he recorded for the 2012 Broadway's Carols for a Cure, Volume 14. This original song is called "A Perez Hilton Christmas," with music by Lynn Pinto & Jason Michael Webb, and lyrics by George Howe & Frances Limoncelli. Perez Hilton recently made his New York stage debut in the comical off-Broadway revue "NEWSical the Musical." Listen to the recording below!
Broadway's Carols for a Cure, Volume 14, which benefits Broadway Cares/Equity Fights AIDS, is the 2-disc, annual CD of original and traditional holiday music recorded by stars and casts from the current Broadway shows. Highlights include Ricky Martin, who plays Che, plus all four leads from "Evita" – Elena Roger (Evita), Michael Cerveris (Peron) and Max von Essen (Magaldi) – singing "We Three Kings/Los Reyes Magos;" Broadway legend Chita Rivera joining Stephanie J. Block, Jim Norton, and others from "The Mystery of Edwin Drood" singing a wild "Good Queen Wenceslas" (a play on Good King Wenceslas); pop star Cyndi Lauper, who wrote the music for "Kinky Boots," due to open on Broadway in the Spring, vocalizing "Blue Christmas;" and The Phantom himself, Hugh Panaro, singing lead along with the rest of the company of "The Phantom of the Opera" on an original song "Outside the Box".
The CDs are sold at participating Broadway and off-Broadway shows in New York during a six-week "Gypsy-of-the-Year" fundraising period, which will end in early December. Broadway's Carols for a Cure, Volume 14 also can be ordered for only $23 through BC/EFA at broadwaycares.org or by calling (212) 840-0770 x238 Monday-Friday, 10:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m. EST. Volumes from previous seasons are available, too (check online or call for price).
1. EVITA – Los Tres Reyes Magos
2. SPIDERMAN: TURN OFF THE DARK – Call Your Mom
3. CHAPLIN – You Don't Have to be Alone on Christmas
4. LISA YAEGER – For My Child's First Chanukah
5. NEWSIES -- God Rest Ye, Merry Gentlemen
6. THE MYSTERY OF EDWIN DROOD -- Good Queen Wenceslas
7. ONCE – The Wexford Carol
8. PETER AND THE STARCATCHER – Dominick the Donkey
9. THE PHANTOM OF THE OPERA – Outside the Box
10. THE LION KING – The Wreath of Kindness
11. KINKY BOOTS with Cyndi Lauper – Blue Christmas
1. BRING IT ON – Angels We Have Heard on High
2. NEWSical THE MUSICAL with Perez Hilton – A Perez Hilton Christmas
3. ROCK OF AGES – NYE @ The Venus Club
4. MARY POPPINS – The Birthday of a King
5. MAMMA MIA! – Soul Cake
6. REBECCA – Keep the Home Fires Burning
7. WICKED – O Holy Night
8. I LOVE YOU, YOU'RE PERFECT, NOW CHANGE at The John W. Engeman Theater -- Hark! The Herald Angels Sing
9. MIRACLE ON 34TH STREET at The Arvada Center for the Performing Arts – Jolly Old St. Nicholas
10. JERSEY BOYS -- Have You Heard About The Baby/Glory To The Newborn King
Broadway Cares/Equity Fights AIDS (broadwaycares.org) is one of the nation's leading industry-based, nonprofit AIDS fundraising and grant-making organizations. By drawing upon the talents, resources and generosity of the American theatre community, since 1988 BC/EFA has raised more than $195 million for essential services for people with AIDS and other critical illnesses across the United States. BC/EFA is the major supporter of seven programs at The Actors Fund, including the HIV/AIDS Initiative, the Phyllis Newman Women's Health Initiative, the Al Hirschfeld Free Health Clinic and more. BC/EFA also awards annual grants to more than 400 AIDS and family service organizations nationwide.
Rock-it Science Records (www.rock-itscience.com) is an independent record label based in New York City co-founded by Broadway performer and producer Lynn Pinto. RSR produces recordings for members of the Broadway community and Broadway's leading charity, Broadway Cares/Equity Fights AIDS (www.broadwaycares.org). RSR's popular series Broadway's Carols for a Cure is currently in its fourteenth year. This highly anticipated annual holiday release features casts from the current Broadway line-up of shows performing new and traditional holiday music. Broadway's Carols for a Cure offers a "snapshot" of each season, as the casts and orchestras from each show on Broadway perform their own holiday track. Since 1999, Broadway's Carols for a Cure has featured the creative talents of thousands of Broadway's brightest stars and has raised over $3 million for Broadway Cares/Equity Fights AIDS.