ARGO Among Plus Camerimage's 2012 Nominees
Plus Camerimage, the International Film Festival of the Art of Cinematography, has revealed the lineup of films selected for the festival's main competition which includes a diverse slate of acclaimed films from around the globe. The entries are:
• Ben Affleck's Argo; USA, 2012; Cinematographer: Rodrigo Prieto
• Benh Zeitlin's Beasts of the Southern Wild; USA, 2012; Cinematographer: Ben Richardson
• Rufus Norris' Broken; UK, 2012; Cinematographer: Rob Hardy
• Reza Dormishian's Hatred (Boghz); Iran, 2012; Cinematographer: Touraj Aslani
• Leos Carax's Holy Motors; France, 2012; Cinematographer: Yves Cape, Caroline Champetier
• Roger Michell's Hyde Park on Hudson; UK, 2012; Cinematographer: Lol Crawley
• San-cheol Lee and Ah-ga Shin's Jesus Hospital; South Korea, 2011; Cinematographer: Sun-Young Lee
• Xavier Dolan's Laurence Anyways; Canada, France, 2012; Cinematographer: Yves Bélanger
• Marcin Krysztalowicz's Manhunt (Oblawa); Poland, 2012; Cinematographer: Arkadiusz Tomiak
• Piotr Trzaskalski's My Father's Bike (Moj rower); Poland, 2012; Cinematographer: Piotr Sliskowski
• Bahman Ghobadi's Rhino Season; Turkey, Kurdistan, Iraq, 2012; Cinematographer: Touraj Aslani
• Paul Thomas Anderson's The Master; USA, 2012; Mihai Malaimare Jr.
• Alejandro Fadel's The Wild Ones (Los salvajes); Argentina, 2012; Cinematographer: Julian Apezteguia
• Kim Nguyen's War Witch (Rebelle); Canada, 2012; Cinematographer: Nicolas Bolduc
Plus Camerimage's prestigious Golden Frog, Silver Frog and Bronze Frog awards will be bestowed upon main competition titles representing the greatest achievements in cinematography. The festival runs from November 24th to December 1st in Bydgoszcz, Poland.
It was previously announced that Keanu Reeves will open the Festival with his new documentary Side by Side on November 24th. Director Chris Kenneally, cinematographer Chris Cassidy, producer Justin Szlasa, and producer/host Keanu Reeves – will come to Bydgoszcz to present the film. Reeves visited Bydgoszcz two years ago to attend the 18th edition of Plus Camerimage Festival and, apart from presenting the viewers with his last film, Reeves set another important task before himself – to interview the eminent festival guests for the sake of his new documentary.
Four-time Academy Award nominated director, writer and producer David Lynch (Mulholland Dr., The Elephant Man, Blue Velvet) will be the recipient of the Festival's prestigious 'Lifetime Achievement Award for Directing' at this year's Festival.
In addition, Academy Award winners Alan Heim (All That Jazz, Network, The Notebook, American History X) and Steven Okazaki (Day of Waiting, The Mushroom Club, Unfinished Business) will be honored at the event with the Festival's coveted 'Lifetime Achievement Award to the Editor' and the Festival's prestigious 'Outstanding Achievement Award as a Documentary Filmmaker' respectively.