Page: 1

Snow Angels (Sam Rockwell, Kate Beckinsale, Amy Sedaris)

MrMidwest Profile PhotoMrMidwest Profile Photo
MrMidwest
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
Anyone else looking forward to seeing this one?
Richard Roeper and Michael Collins review the film
"The gods who nurse this universe think little of mortals' cares. They sit in crowds on exclusive clouds and laugh at our love affairs. I might have had a real romance if they'd given me a chance. I loved him, but he didn't love me. I wanted him, but he didn't want me. Then the gods had a spree and indulged in another whim. Now he loves me, but I don't love him." - Cole Porter
wexy
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
I missed it at Sundance at BAM last year. Just saw the coming attractions and will probably catch when its at BAM in the next couple of weeks.
'Take me out tonight where's there's music and there's people and they're young and alive.'
best12bars Profile Photobest12bars Profile Photo
best12bars
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
Why does this title annoy me?

It might as well be called "Precious Moments."

Or "Icky Sweet Movie."
"Jaws is the Citizen Kane of movies."
blocked: logan2, Diamonds3, Hamilton22
tazber Profile Phototazber Profile Photo
tazber
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
I hear it's anything but icky sweet, besty.

I had no idea Amy Sedaris was in this.
....but the world goes 'round
best12bars Profile Photobest12bars Profile Photo
best12bars
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
I know, it just sounds like it.

"Snow Angels"

"Dust Bunnies"

"Fuzzy Lollies"
"Jaws is the Citizen Kane of movies."
blocked: logan2, Diamonds3, Hamilton22
SueleenGay Profile PhotoSueleenGay Profile Photo
SueleenGay
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
And lets not forget little Michael Angarano, who is just to cute for words, and a fine actor,too.
PEACE.
MrMidwest
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
It doesn't seem like this is going to get much of a release, huh? Anyone seen it yet?
"The gods who nurse this universe think little of mortals' cares. They sit in crowds on exclusive clouds and laugh at our love affairs. I might have had a real romance if they'd given me a chance. I loved him, but he didn't love me. I wanted him, but he didn't want me. Then the gods had a spree and indulged in another whim. Now he loves me, but I don't love him." - Cole Porter
~FloweryFriend~ Profile Photo~FloweryFriend~ Profile Photo
~FloweryFriend~
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
I saw it on Thursday. Sam Rockwell is phenomenal in it.
I starred in a short film called Magnetic Personality. Check it out!
MrMidwest
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
I was expecting a little bit more from this. The ending is a downer, and the director doesn't really pull all of the elements together efficiently enough to make that okay. Best performance I've seen so far from Kate Beckinsale, though.
TxTwoStep Profile PhotoTxTwoStep Profile Photo
TxTwoStep
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
it was so much nicer to indulge my "Jack's son" fanboy-ishness with this than with that martial arts film he did. But i'll probably see that one too.

The rest of the performances were top-notch. Sedaris still amazes me. i adore her.
Will: They don't give out awards for helping people be gay... unless you count the Tonys. "I guarantee that we'll have tough times. I guarantee that at some point one or both of us will want to get out. But I also guarantee that if I don't ask you to be mine, I'll regret it for the rest of my life..."
WiCkEDrOcKS Profile PhotoWiCkEDrOcKS Profile Photo
WiCkEDrOcKS
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
I watched it the other night and I have to say it's the closest thing to a masterpiece that I've seen in the last two years.

It's absolutely brilliant. Go rent it, buy it on DVD, or get it on PayPerView. It's fantastic.

Rockwell is astounding and FINALLY giving the performance of her career is Kate Beckinsale, suddenly showing off talents no one imagined she possessed. It's a stunning, incredibly moving, powerful tour-de-force film. It's a shame a movie like this has no shot at any Oscar nominations.
Current Avatar: Cynthia Erivo, bringing down the house in The Color Purple.