PalJoey Profile PhotoPalJoey Profile Photo
PalJoey
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
SueleenGay Profile PhotoSueleenGay Profile Photo
SueleenGay
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
I really don't find Poehler's Hilary that funny nor is it particularly a good imitation. This is getting old fast.
PEACE.
PalJoey
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
I think it's its own special creation.

I love when Poehler's Hillary gets testy.

And his Obama is hysterical.
JoeKv99 Profile PhotoJoeKv99 Profile Photo
JoeKv99
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
Is it my imagination or is SNL endorsing Hillary?
No good can possibly come from using this vast wasteland of error and deliberate deceit. You should get off of it and warn others away. You should make sure your children and grandchildren know what a corrupt and morally bankrupt institution it truly is.
mateo Profile Photomateo Profile Photo
mateo
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
Well since it's the only show to do so, I say rock on.
"Zac is sweet as can be. He's very much just a sweet kid from California who happens to have a face that looks like it was drawn by Michelangelo, (if Michelangelo did anime)."
-Adam Shankman.

"I haven't left this building since Windows 3.1!"

"Celebrating a birthday this week: Rene Descartes is 412! Do you know who he is? Then why are you watching this show? You could probably get into college and even get one of those job things. As for the rest of us; Amanda Bynes is 22! Yay!"
-E!'s "The Soup"
OnTheAisle Profile PhotoOnTheAisle Profile Photo
OnTheAisle
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
Last night did appear to be particularly one-sided, and not necessarily satire based on anything close to reality - (SNL seemed to have crossed the line into full endorsement last night).

I would have preferred a skit based on the Monster comment, or on the 60 minutes "he's not a Muslin as far as I know" comment... and just wondering why there are no McCain sketches?
"Not a day goes by..."
pab Profile Photopab Profile Photo
pab
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
"Is it my imagination or is SNL endorsing Hillary?"

I think that SNL has been both critical and praising to both candidates, which is how it should be.
"Smart! And into all those exotic mystiques -- The Kama Sutra and Chinese techniques. I hear she knows more than seventy-five. Call me tomorrow if you're still alive!"
jrb_actor Profile Photojrb_actor Profile Photo
jrb_actor
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
They did knock her during the Weekend Update.

Regarding her saying on her March 4 wins that she was just warming up, the punchline was something to the effect of "How can you be ready on Day 1 if it takes you 31 primaries to get warmed up?"
cubanpab Profile Photocubanpab Profile Photo
cubanpab
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
remember when SNL used to be funny?

how i miss cheri oteri
PalJoey
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
Boy oh boy...anything less than slavish adoration and it's an ENDORSEMENT?!?

Sheesh. You people are soooooooooo sensitive!
StickToPriest Profile PhotoStickToPriest Profile Photo
StickToPriest
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
I thought Tina Fey endorsed Hillary in the Weekend Update "Bitch is the new black" bit.

It certainly seemed like an endorsement to me. Which was fine by me because: one, I love Tina Fey and two, it seemed like it was just her endorsing Hillary more than the show endorsing her.

As for this skit, I thought it was very brilliant and not one-sided at all. It not only poked fun at Obama's "inexperience" but also at Hillary's fearmonoring in the 3 AM ad.
"One no longer loves one's insight enough once one communicates it."

The opposite of creation isn't war, it's stagnation.
papalovesmambo Profile Photopapalovesmambo Profile Photo
papalovesmambo
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
i saw that opening skit and must say that it was blatant by their omission that snl is endorsing john mccain. not only that, amy poehler said during the sketch - subliminally of course - "i'm blonde and i'd ride johnny mac like man o' war if i weren't terrified that cindy would beat me like a rented mule. vote mccain!"
r.i.p. marco, my guardian angel.

...global warming can manifest itself as heat, cool, precipitation, storms, drought, wind, or any other phenomenon, much like a shapeshifter. -- jim geraghty

pray to st. jude

i'm a sonic reducer

he was the gimmicky sort

fenchurch=mejusthavingfun=magwildwood=mmousefan=bkcollector=bradmajors=somethingtotalkabout: the fenchurch mpd collective
OnTheAisle Profile PhotoOnTheAisle Profile Photo
OnTheAisle
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
"I think that SNL has been both critical and praising to both candidates, which is how it should be."

PAB - since the show's been back - when has SNL praised Obama? (I may have missed it)...
"Not a day goes by..."
Mr Roxy Profile PhotoMr Roxy Profile Photo
Mr Roxy
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
Their treatment of his messiah status in the debates may have started people thinking about him & not in a positive way.
Poster Emeritus
Tag Profile PhotoTag Profile Photo
Tag
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
Why the hell do they have Fred Armisen playing Obama???????
papalovesmambo Profile Photopapalovesmambo Profile Photo
papalovesmambo
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
because they are racists and their little show will get some serious scrutiny from the irs, dhs and fcc once mishy bamster's got control of the machinery of state! blanking blasphemers!
r.i.p. marco, my guardian angel.

...global warming can manifest itself as heat, cool, precipitation, storms, drought, wind, or any other phenomenon, much like a shapeshifter. -- jim geraghty

pray to st. jude

i'm a sonic reducer

he was the gimmicky sort

fenchurch=mejusthavingfun=magwildwood=mmousefan=bkcollector=bradmajors=somethingtotalkabout: the fenchurch mpd collective
jrb_actor
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
Mr Roxy Profile PhotoMr Roxy Profile Photo
Mr Roxy
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
He has been good but he was forced into the role as no one else could have played it from the current cast they have.
Poster Emeritus
JoeKv99 Profile PhotoJoeKv99 Profile Photo
JoeKv99
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
Meh. I am Anti- Armesen and think he's been playing O-BLAH-ma.
No good can possibly come from using this vast wasteland of error and deliberate deceit. You should get off of it and warn others away. You should make sure your children and grandchildren know what a corrupt and morally bankrupt institution it truly is.
YouWantitWhen???? Profile PhotoYouWantitWhen???? Profile Photo
YouWantitWhen????
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
I am not sure anyone else on the show can play him right now.

Keenan is too heavy, and realistically, his skin tone is further away from Obama than Armisen is. If you are trying to get some physical traits, I am not sure who else could do it right now.

BTW - No one complained when Armisen played prince.
Tag Profile PhotoTag Profile Photo
Tag
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
I don't know...playing the possible next U.S. president, who is also the potential first black president, is a little more important than Prince. Or it should be.
StageManager2 Profile PhotoStageManager2 Profile Photo
StageManager2
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
What're you getting at? That spoofing him is blasphemy? A desecration?
Salve, Regina, Mater misericordiae
Vita, dulcedo, et spes nostra
Salve, Salve Regina
Ad te clamamus exsules filii Eva
Ad te suspiramus, gementes et flentes
O clemens O pia
jrb_actor
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
Well, Obama isn't 100% black, so it's not so extreme. And it's not like they asked Will Forte to do it.

And, no, I don't think Obama (or Hillary) warrants more reverance than Prince.
Rathnait62 Profile PhotoRathnait62 Profile Photo
Rathnait62
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
More important how? It's satire.
Have I ever shown you my Shattered Dreams box? It's in my Disappointment Closet. - Marge Simpson
YouWantitWhen???? Profile PhotoYouWantitWhen???? Profile Photo
YouWantitWhen????
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
This is not the first time that SNL has had white characters playing black political leaders when they do not have a black member of the cast who can do an adequate impression.

And, if they had a dark skinned black man playing Obama, I bet they would catch heat as well.

If Finesse was still in the cast, he might have been able to do it, but right now, there is no one in the cast who physically could match him.

If Obama wins, I would hazard to guess that a new cast member may be brought on, but who knows.

Updated On: 3/9/08 at 07:37 PM