The Post online

tazber Profile Phototazber Profile Photo
tazber
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
The Post online #1
Posted: 2/28/08 at 12:42pm
The NY Post online has this as one of their 3 main headlines today.

Before you read though, be warned: this story contains human suffering that you may not be prepared for.

The trauma must be unimaginable
....but the world goes 'round
Updated On: 2/28/08 at 12:42 PM
D2 Profile PhotoD2 Profile Photo
D2
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: The Post online #2
Posted: 2/28/08 at 12:46pm
Oh the horror, the horror!
Cheyenne Jackson tickled me. AFTER ordering SoMMS a drink but NOT tickling him, and hanging out with Girly in his dressing room (where he DIDN'T tickle her) but BEFORE we got married. To others. And then he tweeted Boobs. He also tweeted he's good friends with some chick on "The Voice" who just happens to be good friends with Tink's ex. And I'm still married. Oh, and this just in: "Pettiness, spite, malice ....Such ugly emotions... So sad." - After Eight, talking about MEEEEEEEE!!! I'm so honored! :-)
DottieD'Luscia Profile PhotoDottieD'Luscia Profile Photo
DottieD'Luscia
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: The Post online #2
Posted: 2/28/08 at 12:52pm
Skank tank for her!!
Hey Dottie! Did your colleagues enjoy the cake even though your cat decided to sit on it? ~GuyfromGermany
doodlenyc Profile Photodoodlenyc Profile Photo
doodlenyc
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: The Post online #3
Posted: 2/28/08 at 12:53pm
I'd like to shove that egg down her throat!

Yes, Dottie!
"Carson has combined his passion for helping children with his love for one of Cincinnati's favorite past times - cornhole - to create a unique and exciting event perfect for a corporate outing, entertaining clients or family fun."

"In Oz, the verb is douchifizzation." PRS

nitsua Profile Photonitsua Profile Photo
nitsua
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: The Post online #4
Posted: 2/28/08 at 12:53pm
Some people might disagree with my post. Don't read if you don't wanna be offended.

If I "slip them underneath the door, but something sharp cut them," I wouldn't do it again.

It's a shame she got stuck in there, but it's her own fault she got hurt. I can understand she was scared, but it's not like her car crashed in the middle of Nebraska. She was in a trash room. In NYC.

All she had to do is sit back and wait for someone else to come by.

Survival instincts at its finest, folks.
"Writing is like prostitution. First, you do it for love, then you do it for a few friends, and finally you do it for money." ~ Moliere
Updated On: 2/28/08 at 12:53 PM
lildogs Profile Photolildogs Profile Photo
lildogs
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: The Post online #5
Posted: 2/28/08 at 12:55pm
If she sues, she should start with her plastic surgeon.

I love that she was so worried about her Faberge Eggs! If she'd just had a dog, this would have never happened.
nitsua
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: The Post online #6
Posted: 2/28/08 at 12:59pm
When I was a kid, my bedroom's doorknob broke and if I shut the door all the way, I'd be locked in there.

For a while, I kept a butter knife in my room to open the door, but one morning, I woke up and it wasn't there.

It was summertime, so I couldn't crawl out my window (window unit) and my mom was at work.

I played video games all day.
"Writing is like prostitution. First, you do it for love, then you do it for a few friends, and finally you do it for money." ~ Moliere
Liverpool Profile PhotoLiverpool Profile Photo
Liverpool
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: The Post online #7
Posted: 2/28/08 at 1:00pm
Umm, did she think she was the only person that was ever going to throw their trash away again?
JustAGuy Profile PhotoJustAGuy Profile Photo
JustAGuy
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: The Post online #8
Posted: 2/28/08 at 1:02pm
Well, at least now, every cat burglar in NYC knows that Faberge Eggs can be found on the 14th Floor of the Plaza.
"Just a Guy. Your feelings are touching. I am gladdened by the thought that you will one day wind up 6 feet under as we all do." - MrRoxy ------ "I do not suggest you walk out the door onto a New York street with your vulnerable child part exposed and not protected..." - Jason Bennett
lildogs Profile Photolildogs Profile Photo
lildogs
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: The Post online #9
Posted: 2/28/08 at 1:03pm
Maybe it was her first trash experience Jaily, her eye makeup purchases notwithstanding.
nitsua
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: The Post online #10
Posted: 2/28/08 at 1:03pm
"Umm, did she think she was the only person that was ever going to throw their trash away again?"

It says something about her neighbors being out of town. I'm not sure if its just those 2 suits on the floor, or what.

That makes the situation a little different, if she knew she was the only one on the floor until her neighbors came back.

"Well, at least now, every cat burglar in NYC knows that Faberge Eggs can be found on the 14th Floor of the Plaza."

And they know her name. It wouldn't be too hard to pretend to be a friend and ask around.
SonofMammaMiaSam Profile PhotoSonofMammaMiaSam Profile Photo
SonofMammaMiaSam
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: The Post online #11
Posted: 2/28/08 at 1:05pm
sounds a bit stalker-ish to me.
Yawper
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: The Post online #12
Posted: 2/28/08 at 1:13pm
rather amazing that she takes out her own trash - the help must have taken a sick day
DottieD'Luscia Profile PhotoDottieD'Luscia Profile Photo
DottieD'Luscia
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: The Post online #13
Posted: 2/28/08 at 1:14pm
The way she's snuggling the Faberge egg is truly pathetic.

I agree with lildogs about the plastic surgeon comment.
Hey Dottie! Did your colleagues enjoy the cake even though your cat decided to sit on it? ~GuyfromGermany
JustAGuy Profile PhotoJustAGuy Profile Photo
JustAGuy
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: The Post online #14
Posted: 2/28/08 at 1:18pm
Everyone should read the comments on this story, they're pretty hysterical.

Here's one that popped out at me.

"A Manhattan Realtor claims she got a nasty surprise at Jean Georges Vongerichten’s swank three-star restaurant in Columbus Circle when she bit into a blackberry and chomped down hard on a small black pebble.

Joanna Cutler claims she bit the berry hard enough to shatter a bridge during the meal on Feb. 5, 2003.

Cutler — whose suit describes the pebble as a “pit” — claims she had to undergo emergency oral surgery and get dental implants.

“I have good taste, perhaps not in dessert,” said Cutler, who runs Joanna Cutler Real Estate.

In her lawsuit, filed Jan. 19 in state Supreme Court in Manhattan, Cutler accuses Jean Georges restaurant, the crown jewel in Vongerichten’s culinary empire, of serving her the bad berry in a fruit plate. She is seeking $500,000 — a hefty tab, even for the famed French culinary master.

“It’s a big claim for a $16 dessert,” Vongerichten told The Post."

"Just a Guy. Your feelings are touching. I am gladdened by the thought that you will one day wind up 6 feet under as we all do." - MrRoxy ------ "I do not suggest you walk out the door onto a New York street with your vulnerable child part exposed and not protected..." - Jason Bennett
nitsua
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: The Post online #15
Posted: 2/28/08 at 1:20pm
I bet that egg is prominently displayed on her mantle.

"I want to think you for coming. Please, take a moment to admire my beautiful egg. If it had not been for my desperate struggle to save this egg from the hands of thieves, my hands wouldn't be covered in these bandages and I could actually drink my martini the right way instead of through a straw."

She wipes her tears while her guests graciously clap in unison.
Mamie Profile PhotoMamie Profile Photo
Mamie
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: The Post online #16
Posted: 2/28/08 at 1:22pm
I feel pretty certain that this was the room just for the 3 units on her floor. At least in that wing on her floor. With the other two neighbors being out of town then she probably was feeling pretty 'stuck'. The article is obviously written to mock the event and it seems to have worked well with the crowd reading it here. Of course her comments and the threat of a lawsuit definitely adds to the ridiculousness of it all.
www.thebreastcancersite.com
A click for life.
mamie4 5/14/03
nitsua
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: The Post online #17
Posted: 2/28/08 at 1:27pm
If those three are the only units on the floor, I can understand her going a little crazy.

But she kinda overreacted. I mean, clawing your way out? They only do that in the movies, I thought, when they're buried alive or stuck in a well.

I tend to think "It's they're own fault" for a lot of the nonsense in the world.
SonofMammaMiaSam
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: The Post online #18
Posted: 2/28/08 at 1:28pm
So true.
doodlenyc Profile Photodoodlenyc Profile Photo
doodlenyc
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: The Post online #19
Posted: 2/28/08 at 1:31pm
You know there must be a video from a security camera...check youtube! I wonder if it was like the Katherine scenes in Silence of the Lambs.
"Carson has combined his passion for helping children with his love for one of Cincinnati's favorite past times - cornhole - to create a unique and exciting event perfect for a corporate outing, entertaining clients or family fun."

"In Oz, the verb is douchifizzation." PRS

tazber
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: The Post online #20
Posted: 2/28/08 at 1:31pm
I feel bad for the worker who found her. Can you imagine the tongue lashing he got from her for not being on duty, even though he wasn't scheduled.

nitsua
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: The Post online #21
Posted: 2/28/08 at 1:33pm
Now you're scaring me, Somms.

"Oh, you got shot while you were being mugged? You tried to fight back with a guy who had a gun? You wouldn't hand over your jewelry and wallet? You deserved it."

A stolen watch and wallet aren't worth getting shot. I mean, he might've shot you anyway, but I guess we'll never know.

"Oh, you stayed in a flood zone after being told to evacuate and almost drowned? You're stupid."

I need to think up some more situations.
SonofMammaMiaSam
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: The Post online #22
Posted: 2/28/08 at 1:35pm
I miss Fiction Writer.
D2 Profile PhotoD2 Profile Photo
D2
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: The Post online #23
Posted: 2/28/08 at 1:36pm
Will you two get a room and get this over with already! re: The Post online
Cheyenne Jackson tickled me. AFTER ordering SoMMS a drink but NOT tickling him, and hanging out with Girly in his dressing room (where he DIDN'T tickle her) but BEFORE we got married. To others. And then he tweeted Boobs. He also tweeted he's good friends with some chick on "The Voice" who just happens to be good friends with Tink's ex. And I'm still married. Oh, and this just in: "Pettiness, spite, malice ....Such ugly emotions... So sad." - After Eight, talking about MEEEEEEEE!!! I'm so honored! :-)
tazber
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: The Post online #24
Posted: 2/28/08 at 1:36pm
Two will go in Deet, but only one will come out.