iTunes Movie Rentals........

AnnaK<3LMIP Profile PhotoAnnaK<3LMIP Profile Photo
AnnaK<3LMIP
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
iTunes Movie Rentals........#1
Posted: 2/20/08 at 11:19pm
Is anyone else having a LOT of trouble with this new rental thing iTunes has going on? I've been ripped off! Yeah, it may be only 3 bucks, but I could have bought 3 songs or a TV episode or a bunch of other things.
If anyone has had problems, how lenient are iTunes help services? I kinda want my credit back.
I mean, Denzel Washington? Gun to my head..of course.
pab Profile Photopab Profile Photo
pab
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: iTunes Movie Rentals........#2
Posted: 2/20/08 at 11:44pm
No problems at all.
"Smart! And into all those exotic mystiques -- The Kama Sutra and Chinese techniques. I hear she knows more than seventy-five. Call me tomorrow if you're still alive!"
AnnaK<3LMIP
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: iTunes Movie Rentals........#2
Posted: 2/21/08 at 12:21am
Did yours download to your iPod?
What's happening is that my movie is not downloading to my iPod. But that's not the problem, really. I'm trying to watch it on my computer, but when it starts playing, everything crashes.
But technically I did start it...several times actually, so it expired before I even got past a green screen.

Blah. I'll call the Help people tomorrow.
munkustrap178 Profile Photomunkustrap178 Profile Photo
munkustrap178
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: iTunes Movie Rentals........#3
Posted: 2/21/08 at 12:34am
Well, I wouldn't imagine that you'd be able to transfer rentals to your ipod.

Secondly, it sounds like your personal computer problems, rather than an iTunes error.
"If you are going to do something, do it well. And leave something witchy." -Charlie Manson
pab
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: iTunes Movie Rentals........#4
Posted: 2/21/08 at 2:16am
Actually you CAN transfer rentals to your iPod.

I agree that it sounds like a computer problem rather than an iTunes error.
"Smart! And into all those exotic mystiques -- The Kama Sutra and Chinese techniques. I hear she knows more than seventy-five. Call me tomorrow if you're still alive!"
ray-andallthatjazz86 Profile Photoray-andallthatjazz86 Profile Photo
ray-andallthatjazz86
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: iTunes Movie Rentals........#5
Posted: 2/21/08 at 2:37am
How do these rentals work? You get it and then have so many times to watch it or is it a matter of days?
"Some people can thrive and bloom living life in a living room, that's perfect for some people of one hundred and five. But I at least gotta try, when I think of all the sights that I gotta see, all the places I gotta play, all the things that I gotta be at"
cubanpab Profile Photocubanpab Profile Photo
cubanpab
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: iTunes Movie Rentals........#6
Posted: 2/21/08 at 8:24am
i'm not a fan of this rental service... and i usually love all things apple. once you rent a movie you have 30 days to watch it, which sounds great, but once you hit "play" you only have 24 hours to watch it before it expires.

thats sucks. i love to watch movies on long bus rides, or on the subway in the morning... but if i have to watch the movie in 24 hours it kind of defeats the purpose... they should atleast give you a week
Updated On: 2/21/08 at 08:24 AM
pab
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: iTunes Movie Rentals........#7
Posted: 2/21/08 at 9:23am
"thats sucks. i love to watch movies on long bus rides, or on the subway in the morning... but if i have to watch the movie in 24 hours it kind of defeats the purpose... they should atleast give you a week "

So your bus and subway rides last for longer than 24 hours? As you said yourself you have 30 days to decide to watch it so why would it take you more than 24 hours to actually view the movie?
iTunes Movie Rentals Beyond 24 Hours
cubanpab
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: iTunes Movie Rentals........#8
Posted: 2/21/08 at 10:07am
because when i ride the subway to work it only takes me 25 minutes each way, and i might want to spread out watching the movie over the course of a few days... or maybe i want to watch it on the bus ride to NYC... and then watch it again on the bus ride back a few days later?

certainly with the flexibitly of netflix and blockbuster and other movie rental services, apple could be a little more flexible than a 24 hour period. its lame
Updated On: 2/21/08 at 10:07 AM
AnnaK<3LMIP
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: iTunes Movie Rentals........#9
Posted: 2/21/08 at 10:22am
It could be a computer problem. But when I watch movies that I bought or TV shows on iTunes, it works just fine.

Robos89
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: iTunes Movie Rentals........#10
Posted: 2/21/08 at 10:24am
What happened to just being able to purchase the movie? Do they not do that anymore?
?
AnnaK<3LMIP
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: iTunes Movie Rentals........#11
Posted: 2/21/08 at 10:28am
Yeah they do. Actually, weirdly enough, some of the movies that you can rent, you can't buy. I'm not sure why that is.

At any rate, it's much cheaper to rent from iTunes than it is from On Demand (usually) or Blockbuster.
cubanpab
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: iTunes Movie Rentals........#12
Posted: 2/21/08 at 10:32am
you can still buy...
munkustrap178
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: iTunes Movie Rentals........#13
Posted: 2/21/08 at 11:26am
I don't understand why people would want to rent and/or purchase movies on iTunes. Why not sit back and enjoy them on a decent sized TV?
"If you are going to do something, do it well. And leave something witchy." -Charlie Manson
AnnaK<3LMIP
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: iTunes Movie Rentals........#14
Posted: 2/21/08 at 11:29am
Because it's cheaper?
Anyway, I can plug my computer with the TV and use it as a sort of DVD player..and it will play the iTunes stuff.
It's also not such big deal for me. I don't mind sitting on my bed and watching it on my computer screen.
cubanpab
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: iTunes Movie Rentals........#15
Posted: 2/21/08 at 11:32am
i dont get it either munkustrap... i have an iphone, ipod, all those gadgets, but when it comes to movies i much rather watch them in High-Def on my big plasma TV than on my tiny iphone screen... unless of course i'm taking a bus or a long trip... which isnt that often.

i'll wait till the day that they make it possible to download high-def movies... in the meantime, i'll stick to netflix and my comcast on-demand...
munkustrap178
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: iTunes Movie Rentals........#16
Posted: 2/21/08 at 11:59am
Exactly. And it's not "cheaper." I believe that to grasp the entire impact of a film, it must be watched correctly.
AnnaK<3LMIP
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: iTunes Movie Rentals........#17
Posted: 2/21/08 at 12:02pm
There is a correct way to watch a film? Interesting.
pab
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: iTunes Movie Rentals........#18
Posted: 2/21/08 at 12:58pm
"I don't understand why people would want to rent and/or purchase movies on iTunes. Why not sit back and enjoy them on a decent sized TV?"

I can rent a movie from iTunes and watch it on a 50 inch HDTV with full 5.1 sound and HD quality. I've actually done it with iTunes through my AppleTV.
cubanpab
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: iTunes Movie Rentals........#19
Posted: 2/21/08 at 1:31pm
pab - not true.

AppleTV HD Videos are capped at 720p.

its definitely better than watching a standard dvd (before upconversion of course) or watching regular TV... but it cant compare to Blu-Ray or in some cases HD On Demand from your cable provider.
Updated On: 2/21/08 at 01:31 PM
pab
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: iTunes Movie Rentals........#20
Posted: 2/21/08 at 2:26pm
What have I written that is not true?

720P = HDTV

I did not bring up anything Blu-Ray, you did.

So what they are capped at 720p, does that mean that I can't enjoy them on a 50 inch screen, which I have done?
720P
cubanpab
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: iTunes Movie Rentals........#21
Posted: 2/21/08 at 2:30pm
i didnt say you couldnt enjoy them on your tv. i just said that given the choice between 720p and tru HD 1080p, i'd rather stick with a netflix type of service where i dont have to scramble to finish a movie in 24 hours, plus its better quality, PLUS its cheaper overall...
pab
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: iTunes Movie Rentals........#22
Posted: 2/21/08 at 2:32pm
But you also said:

"pab - not true."
cubanpab
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: iTunes Movie Rentals........#23
Posted: 2/21/08 at 2:44pm
what i meant was "pab - not true, in the context of 1080p"
pab
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: iTunes Movie Rentals........#24
Posted: 2/21/08 at 2:56pm
I never mentioned 1080p