Obama Wins Wisconsin According To Yahoo & CNN

Mr Roxy Profile PhotoMr Roxy Profile Photo
Mr Roxy
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
Things are looking grim for Hillary. Right now, he has an 11 point lead.

At the start of this year, everyone thought it would be Rudy vs Hillary. Now Rudy is out & Hillary is listing badly. Who would have thought?

If Hillary does lose it, he first meeting with Teddy K in the senate should be colder than the South Pole in the dead of winter.
Poster Emeritus
Updated On: 2/19/08 at 10:04 PM
JoeKv99 Profile PhotoJoeKv99 Profile Photo
JoeKv99
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
Who would have thought? I would. I said in 2004 that Obama would be the Democratic Nominee in 2008. Look it up.
No good can possibly come from using this vast wasteland of error and deliberate deceit. You should get off of it and warn others away. You should make sure your children and grandchildren know what a corrupt and morally bankrupt institution it truly is.
Mr Roxy Profile PhotoMr Roxy Profile Photo
Mr Roxy
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
A gold star for you my lad.

Well done.
Poster Emeritus
Updated On: 2/19/08 at 10:16 PM
munkustrap178 Profile Photomunkustrap178 Profile Photo
munkustrap178
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
UGH.
"If you are going to do something, do it well. And leave something witchy." -Charlie Manson
Roninjoey Profile PhotoRoninjoey Profile Photo
Roninjoey
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
Been sayin' it was gonna be Obama for over a year :P
yr ronin,
joey
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
YES WE CAN!!!

Go Obama!
fflagg Profile Photofflagg Profile Photo
fflagg
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
i look at him and think Elmer Gantry. Or maybe Elmer Fudd. What are his qualifications???? He is going to be the worst Democratic president since Jimmy Carter.
Do you know what happens when you let Veal Prince Orloff sit in an oven too long?
TheHumanTorch Profile PhotoTheHumanTorch Profile Photo
TheHumanTorch
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
This is so exciting!! 9 state winning streak!

and fflagg... what do you think Clinton's qualifications are and how exactly do they differ from Obama's?
madbrian Profile Photomadbrian Profile Photo
madbrian
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
Not only is he winning, he's winning huge. Right now, CNN is reporting his lead as 58%-41%. CNN is estimating that she'll need at least 60/40 wins in BOTH Texas and Pennsylvania to draw close to him.
"It does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are 20 gods or no god. It neither picks my pocket, nor breaks my leg." -- Thomas Jefferson
RadiGal2 Profile PhotoRadiGal2 Profile Photo
RadiGal2
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
Not everybody...in fact I've written piece after piece to the contrary of the Hillary vs. Rudy story.
Indeed, it all started with a strategy paper I drafted for a Republican professor (oxymoron I know) in Electoral Behavior back in 2005 in which I deconstructed the events of the past 14 months almost to a tee- the Obama things Hillary's fall from grace -- hell even for chuckles I included thoughts on Huck's insurgence the quick demise of Rudy and McCain survival...dude was a POW for 6 years afterall, he knows how tho weather a storm.

The irony is that after being so far ahead of the curve and repeatedly informed that I was a mad woman for so long -- now darn near everything I write just sounds passť. Anyway there were more than a few of us urging caution.
"I'm a one-eyed Mormon Democrat from conservative Arizona, and you can't have a higher handicap than that." ~The ever-great and fabulous Morris K. Udall.
Updated On: 2/20/08 at 12:26 AM
pab Profile Photopab Profile Photo
pab
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
Hmmm . . . I just saw a fat lady out buying some sheet music. She put it on layaway and said she would probably come back for it on March 4th.
"Smart! And into all those exotic mystiques -- The Kama Sutra and Chinese techniques. I hear she knows more than seventy-five. Call me tomorrow if you're still alive!"
jrb_actor Profile Photojrb_actor Profile Photo
jrb_actor
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
Yes--March 4 is the deciding vote most likely.

I agree that he seems to be the inevitable candidate. Not because he's won 9 in a row--because of how strongly he has won and in areas that used to be hers. He has the momentum.

But it's not over until the rest of the country votes, though at some point, it will be clear who the nom will be. I suspect that will be March 4.
artscallion Profile Photoartscallion Profile Photo
artscallion
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend

He's been my man since the beginning. Hope, bitches!
Art has a double face, of expression and illusion.
South Fl Marc Profile PhotoSouth Fl Marc Profile Photo
South Fl Marc
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
I agree that he's probably the nominee. How sad that with a large group of candidates in the primary, this country picked the one who was least qualified.

I'm not sure what bothers me most about Obama. He makes a good speech and inspires - but then so does a con man.

Maybe its the fact that a large group (the most shrill) of his followers are brain dead brats who only like him because he is an ageist. These are the same people who, while looking for change , would never think of volunteering for anything (except the Obama campaign). Another more rabid me generation , who couldn't tell you a single detail on how Obama will get these supposed changes done.

Or maybe its because I think his wife is a bitch and he is an empty suit.

Or maybe its all of the above.

McCain is going to walk all over him.

Maybe I might change my mind about him, but I doubt it.
Now living in DC. I really have to change my name on the board.
Updated On: 2/20/08 at 08:45 AM
papalovesmambo Profile Photopapalovesmambo Profile Photo
papalovesmambo
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
marc, tell us how you really feel.
r.i.p. marco, my guardian angel.

...global warming can manifest itself as heat, cool, precipitation, storms, drought, wind, or any other phenomenon, much like a shapeshifter. -- jim geraghty

pray to st. jude

i'm a sonic reducer

he was the gimmicky sort

fenchurch=mejusthavingfun=magwildwood=mmousefan=bkcollector=bradmajors=somethingtotalkabout: the fenchurch mpd collective
madbrian Profile Photomadbrian Profile Photo
madbrian
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
Marc,
If your goal is a Dem in the White House, I think your chances are much better with Obama than Clinton. For better or worse, he inspires people to come out and vote, and his charisma is undeniable. I think plenty of Independents and Republicans who would never consider voting for Clinton will consider voting for him. At this point, I see no way for her to win the nomination that doesn't fracture the party (reseating Michigan and Florida, power play for superdelegates).
"It does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are 20 gods or no god. It neither picks my pocket, nor breaks my leg." -- Thomas Jefferson
cubanpab Profile Photocubanpab Profile Photo
cubanpab
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
are the men in the white lab coats here yet? hold tight marc... they're on their way
papalovesmambo
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
i think his strength among independents and especially republicans is directly related to her being in the race. she inspires people to cross over just to vote against her. i do wonder whether that will hold up when it's just one on one. surely the race is the democrats' to lose but then so were the last two. just how will empty rhetoric and hope stand up to the vast right wing conspiracy?

however, the longer this thing goes, the better it is for the eventual nominee for the democrats. the contest keeps both their names in the press day after day and the gop has no real chance to focus their attack machine on either one. the later they choose, the better for them, i think.

...global warming can manifest itself as heat, cool, precipitation, storms, drought, wind, or any other phenomenon, much like a shapeshifter. -- jim geraghty

pray to st. jude

i'm a sonic reducer

he was the gimmicky sort

fenchurch=mejusthavingfun=magwildwood=mmousefan=bkcollector=bradmajors=somethingtotalkabout: the fenchurch mpd collective
cubanpab
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
what i dont get is that Obama is now building support among women and white working class voters... the core of Clintons campaign. so by Marc's standard, even Clinton's supporters are now "brain dead brats"... along with african americans, young people, highly educated voters, upper class white voters...

we're all brain dead... except him of course. bam bam is the messiah, you will worship him!
Updated On: 2/20/08 at 09:54 AM
Liverpool Profile PhotoLiverpool Profile Photo
Liverpool
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
marc doesn't like black people and college students, interesting.
lildogs Profile Photolildogs Profile Photo
lildogs
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
Brain dead brats? Now who's the ageist?

I think it's very disturbing for people to assume what is going on in the minds of the voters--like it or not, every vote is equal and those brain dead brats have just as much validity to their views as you have to yours Marc.

Why do you have such a strong opinion about his wife? You don't even know her!

papalovesmambo
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
anyone who is not supporting bam bam is a racist and will be "re-educated" once he's crowned messiah.

pray to st. jude

i'm a sonic reducer

he was the gimmicky sort

cubanpab
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
i've been critical of hillary the same way many on here have been critical of obama... but i'm not going to sit here and call all of her supporters "brain dead brats"... his whole rant made him sound like a brain dead brat having a temper tantrum.
YouWantitWhen???? Profile PhotoYouWantitWhen???? Profile Photo
YouWantitWhen????
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
Anyone else feel like Bill intentionally undermined Hillary's campaign? He is too smart a politician not to know how some of his lines and comments would be interpreted.

Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
Wouldn't that be better stated as

"Obama is Allah, you will worship him"?

Page: 1