Posted: 1/29/08 at 9:45pm
Scary, huh?
StickToPriest Profile PhotoStickToPriest Profile Photo
StickToPriest
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: McCain/Giuliani 2008 ?#2
Posted: 1/29/08 at 9:49pm
Time is reporting that Giuliani may endorse McCain as early as tomorrow.

"One no longer loves one's insight enough once one communicates it."

The opposite of creation isn't war, it's stagnation.
PalJoey Profile PhotoPalJoey Profile Photo
PalJoey
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: McCain/Giuliani 2008 ?#2
Posted: 1/29/08 at 9:53pm
But first he's singing:

"I'D BE SURPRISINGLY GOOOOOOOOOOD FOR YOU!"

re: McCain/Giuliani 2008 ?
Gothampc
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: McCain/Giuliani 2008 ?#3
Posted: 1/29/08 at 9:54pm
McCain is a center-left. If he gets the nomination, he will have to pick a conservative to get the rest of the party on board. It will probably be McCain/Huckabee.
If anyone ever tells you that you put too much Parmesan cheese on your pasta, stop talking to them. You don't need that kind of negativity in your life.
PalJoey
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: McCain/Giuliani 2008 ?#4
Posted: 1/29/08 at 9:59pm
See, that's the thing. You guys find him center-left. Those of us on the left find him just to the right of Genghis Khan.
JoeKv99 Profile PhotoJoeKv99 Profile Photo
JoeKv99
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: McCain/Giuliani 2008 ?#5
Posted: 1/29/08 at 10:08pm
I think that's what Giuliani is thinking-- but will it happen? Doubtful.
No good can possibly come from using this vast wasteland of error and deliberate deceit. You should get off of it and warn others away. You should make sure your children and grandchildren know what a corrupt and morally bankrupt institution it truly is.
The Boy From Ohio Profile PhotoThe Boy From Ohio Profile Photo
The Boy From Ohio
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: McCain/Giuliani 2008 ?#6
Posted: 1/29/08 at 10:09pm
If it was the McCain of 2000 I wouldn't be as nervous. I think there are to many pics. of Giuliani in drag to make any ticket.
9/10 - Next To Normal, Ensemble Theatre
9/18 - Brian Stokes Mitchell, Cincy Pop's
9/28 - Death Of A Salesman, Wright State
PalJoey
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: McCain/Giuliani 2008 ?#7
Posted: 1/29/08 at 10:12pm
A heartbeat away from the White House.

JoeKv99
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: McCain/Giuliani 2008 ?#8
Posted: 1/29/08 at 10:13pm
Is that picture real PJ? He looks unsettlingly like David Merrick!
No good can possibly come from using this vast wasteland of error and deliberate deceit. You should get off of it and warn others away. You should make sure your children and grandchildren know what a corrupt and morally bankrupt institution it truly is.
PalJoey
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: McCain/Giuliani 2008 ?#9
Posted: 1/29/08 at 10:15pm
And he can't even get it UP!

JoeKv99
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: McCain/Giuliani 2008 ?#10
Posted: 1/29/08 at 10:21pm
Wait, McCain is Center-left? OBAMA is Center Left. Clinton is Center Left.
PalJoey
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: McCain/Giuliani 2008 ?#11
Posted: 1/29/08 at 10:23pm
That's what's amazing to me about my Republican colleagues. They have this test--and McCain doesn't pass it...BECAUSE HE'S BEEN BI-PARTISAN
StickToPriest Profile PhotoStickToPriest Profile Photo
StickToPriest
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: McCain/Giuliani 2008 ?#12
Posted: 1/29/08 at 10:31pm
In what world is McCain considered center-left??
"One no longer loves one's insight enough once one communicates it."

The opposite of creation isn't war, it's stagnation.
madbrian Profile Photomadbrian Profile Photo
madbrian
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: McCain/Giuliani 2008 ?#13
Posted: 1/29/08 at 10:38pm
I think McCain/Giuliani would be an interesting ticket, but I don't know if the extreme conservative wing of the republican party would sign-off on it. I don't know if that ticket would inspire the bible thumpers to go to the polls, and I don't know how well that ticket would play in the southern states.
"It does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are 20 gods or no god. It neither picks my pocket, nor breaks my leg." -- Thomas Jefferson
FindingNamo
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: McCain/Giuliani 2008 ?#14
Posted: 1/29/08 at 10:59pm
Oh please, Obama is dead center glancing leftward. Hil is center-right. And the batguano old guy is both certfiably crazy and right wing. We've already had one guy who was too old to be president and his handlers covered up his alzheimers. There is just no need to go through that again. No need.
Can you hear me now? Twitter: @NamoInExile
Mr Roxy Profile PhotoMr Roxy Profile Photo
Mr Roxy
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: McCain/Giuliani 2008 ?#15
Posted: 1/29/08 at 11:00pm
Kerik did not help Guiliani either. Rudy ran the worst campaign in recent memory figuring all the old New Yorkers would vote for him. It also would have helped if every other word out of his mouth was not 9/11.
Poster Emeritus
Updated On: 1/29/08 at 11:00 PM
FindingNamo
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: McCain/Giuliani 2008 ?#16
Posted: 1/29/08 at 11:03pm
Like your opinion matters.
Can you hear me now? Twitter: @NamoInExile
PalJoey
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: McCain/Giuliani 2008 ?#17
Posted: 1/29/08 at 11:10pm
See, Namo? You chased him out to start his own Giuliani thread.
brdlwyr
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: McCain/Giuliani 2008 ?#18
Posted: 1/30/08 at 12:05am
Giuliani might run for Alderman in my ward, he will NOT be a VP candidate.
papalovesmambo Profile Photopapalovesmambo Profile Photo
papalovesmambo
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
mccain/giuliani 2008 ?#19
Posted: 1/30/08 at 7:41am
huck is clearly running interference for the angry guy and siphoning off some votes that would probably go to lisa lisa cult and cult jam with dj mutt and special guest moroni. he either really hates the idea of a jesus of leon county believer getting the nod, or he is expecting a vp nod. the two were mentioned as a couple way back when huck first started to get noticed and they've been each other's like total bff through this whole process. granted, huck might be thinking he can win the south and take this to the convention, but as long as he's in, he helps angry guy - at the cost of his own chances for the veep slot as he will continue to speak in public.

rudy doesn't get it, he brings nothing to the table. huck, if he wins the south, brings that, but does anyone want to put popcorn popper fried squirrel on the menu in the west wing should the old angry guy get so angry at oh, pretty much anyone, that he strokes out? doubtful. the pompadour that roared brings nothing and the animosity between the two is so thick you could cut it with a taut string. admiral painter's even older. do they dare put jeb on the ticket? if not, what about haley barbour for some southern fried pull?
r.i.p. marco, my guardian angel.

...global warming can manifest itself as heat, cool, precipitation, storms, drought, wind, or any other phenomenon, much like a shapeshifter. -- jim geraghty

pray to st. jude

i'm a sonic reducer

he was the gimmicky sort

fenchurch=mejusthavingfun=magwildwood=mmousefan=bkcollector=bradmajors=somethingtotalkabout: the fenchurch mpd collective
South Fl Marc Profile PhotoSouth Fl Marc Profile Photo
South Fl Marc
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
mccain/giuliani 2008 ?#20
Posted: 1/30/08 at 7:47am
On a side note, Papa?
Didn't you first say Rudy was going to win - then Thompson - then Huckabee - have you changed your mind again?
Will McCain get the nimination and will he pick the great combover or someone more conservative?
Now living in DC. I really have to change my name on the board.
papalovesmambo Profile Photopapalovesmambo Profile Photo
papalovesmambo
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
mccain/giuliani 2008 ?#21
Posted: 1/30/08 at 8:09am
nah, i was a huck-a-maniac. pj was certain that it would be thompson, then romney.

i thought huck would win, but he was the only one i think i chose as a winner and i supported him. that was before i read about him wanting to quarantine AIDS victims. then i supported rudy because i thought mccain had no shot. when rudy failed miserably. i threw out some love for thompson because i really like using the term admiral painter.

but then, my memory isn't what is was, so if someone wants to search for contradicting posts, be my guest. i wear my flip-flops every morning at the gym and sometimes i might not take them off for most of the day. so!

i think mccain will get the nomination and i do not believe he will pick the combover.
r.i.p. marco, my guardian angel.

...global warming can manifest itself as heat, cool, precipitation, storms, drought, wind, or any other phenomenon, much like a shapeshifter. -- jim geraghty

pray to st. jude

i'm a sonic reducer

he was the gimmicky sort

fenchurch=mejusthavingfun=magwildwood=mmousefan=bkcollector=bradmajors=somethingtotalkabout: the fenchurch mpd collective
PalJoey
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
mccain/giuliani 2008 ?#22
Posted: 1/30/08 at 8:10am
do they dare put jeb on the ticket?

You laughed when I first suggested it, but I would think Jeb already has an acceptance speech prepared.
South Fl Marc Profile PhotoSouth Fl Marc Profile Photo
South Fl Marc
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
mccain/giuliani 2008 ?#23
Posted: 1/30/08 at 8:26am
Well at least Jeb will be able to pronounce all the wrods correctly, unlike his brother.

McCain/Bush? Thats even scarier than McCain/Giuliani - but probably easier to beat. Hasn't America had enough of the Bush's?
Now living in DC. I really have to change my name on the board.
javero Profile Photojavero Profile Photo
javero
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
mccain/giuliani 2008 ?#24
Posted: 1/30/08 at 11:02am
I forsee the eventual GOP nominee picking a sitting governor from a state in the Old South or Southwest with socon credentials to pander to evangelicals. Sadly, Romney just doesn't fit the bill.

On the other side of the aisle, the nominee has to pick a governor in a similar fashion but one who is a fiscal conservative to give the impression that they can somehow rein in a spendthrift federal government and end the wars in Afghanistan and Iraq within 2 terms.

Having put my 2 cents in, I'll sign off with a plea for caution. Campaign promises are just that...promises.
#FactsMatter...your feelings not so much.