Page: 1

Moments in movies where you say "What the heck?"

Gothampc
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
Name some moments in movies where there is no reasonable explanation for what's going on. Or maybe you think the director must have called in sick for that day's shooting.

The Best Little Whorehouse in Texas. Dolly and Burt sit down and have a theological discussion.
If anyone ever tells you that you put too much Parmesan cheese on your pasta, stop talking to them. You don't need that kind of negativity in your life.
Rose_MacShane Profile PhotoRose_MacShane Profile Photo
Rose_MacShane
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
Pretty much everything in I Know Who Killed Me. If you're a conoisseur of bad movies, though, I highly recommend it.
http://community.livejournal.com/ltd_brands_suck/
JoeKv99 Profile PhotoJoeKv99 Profile Photo
JoeKv99
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
Every single minute of "Field of Dreams", most especially the moment where Kevin Costner hears "If you build it, he will come!" and instantly knew that it meant to build a baseball field and his father would come play in it.

Oh wait, I prefer that he hears "Ease his pain" and knew to kidnap James Earl Jones because making him watch segregated baseball teams play ball would somehow make him feel better.
No good can possibly come from using this vast wasteland of error and deliberate deceit. You should get off of it and warn others away. You should make sure your children and grandchildren know what a corrupt and morally bankrupt institution it truly is.
DMsquared2 Profile PhotoDMsquared2 Profile Photo
DMsquared2
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
The last part of I'm Not There with Richard Gere. Although that made me go "What the f**k?!"
best12bars Profile Photobest12bars Profile Photo
best12bars
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
****SPOILERS****

(...for those who care about little-known films...)

The one I remember the most in the past decade was for "The Shipping News." It was a completely brilliant movie until somebody died toward the end (as I recall?) and then came back to life again suddenly. The entire movie/story fell right into the toilet after that. The tone changed. Everything changed. All that had come before was trivialized and pointless. And I remember saying out loud at the screen "WTF!" when it happened. It was embarrassing, but I meant it.

EDIT: And Joe, I couldn't agree with you less about "Field of Dreams." Oh, well...
"Jaws is the Citizen Kane of movies."
blocked: logan2, Diamonds3, Hamilton22
Updated On: 12/12/07 at 08:23 PM
singingwendy Profile Photosingingwendy Profile Photo
singingwendy
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
The closing scene of "Memoirs of a Geisha".....because there were at least 100 more pages to the book!
jeniferrenepatricia Profile Photojeniferrenepatricia Profile Photo
jeniferrenepatricia
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
The end of "Little Children"....I was expecting something so much better!!!!
Rocky 6- why was this entire movie necessary? Horrible...what was he thinking?
Patsy and Aurora fighting on the airplane in "The Evening Star."
Thelma and Louise dying at the end...
Acting should be bigger than life. Scripts should be bigger than life. It should all be bigger than life.- Bette Davis
Wanna Be A Foster Profile PhotoWanna Be A Foster Profile Photo
Wanna Be A Foster
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
Any man who uses the word "heck" can move to the front of the line.
"Winning a Tony this year is like winning Best Attendance in third grade: no one will care but the winner and their mom."
-Kad

"I have also met him in person, and I find him to be quite funny actually. Arrogant and often misinformed, but still funny."
-bjh2114 (on Michael Riedel)
Updated On: 12/13/07 at 02:20 AM
jessica0414 Profile Photojessica0414 Profile Photo
jessica0414
Broadway Star
Broadway Star
All of Across the Universe.
"You don't just stop posting horse s*** on the web!"-The [Title of Show] Show
Guido Contini Profile PhotoGuido Contini Profile Photo
Guido Contini
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
The "Mr Kite" scene of "Across the Universe" and the end scene of "Children of Men"
"Applause begets applause in the theatre, as laughter begets laughter and tears beget tears." CLAYTON HAMILTON, "Theory of the Theatre" "I think theater ought to be theatrical ... you know, shuffling the pack in different ways so that it's -- there's always some kind of ambush involved in the experience. You're being ambushed by an unexpected word, or by an elephant falling out of the cupboard, whatever it is." TOM STOPPARD