Page: 1

Is it my imagination or is Barry Manilow turning into Madame!?!

best12bars Profile Photobest12bars Profile Photo
best12bars
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
Enough with the Botox, Barry! You (and the rest of Hollywood) look like a FREAK injecting that sh*t into your cheeks.

STOP IT!

NOW!

It doesn't make you look young. It makes you look like a dead, bloated corpse!!!

See?

"Jaws is the Citizen Kane of movies."
blocked: logan2, Diamonds3, Hamilton22
JerseyGirl2 Profile PhotoJerseyGirl2 Profile Photo
JerseyGirl2
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
Not your imagination, doll.
Pretty pretty please don't you ever ever feel like you're less than f**ckin' perfect!
MotorTink Profile PhotoMotorTink Profile Photo
MotorTink
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
I saw him in concert last night....he reminds me of an elf.

BroadwayBoobs: I'll give all of you who weren't there a hint of who took the pictures ...it rhymes with shameless

SOMMS: I knew it was Tink!
supportivemom Profile Photosupportivemom Profile Photo
supportivemom
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
I started a thread a couple of months ago on that exact subject! I saw him on a show and thought of Madame instantly! He and Bruce Jenner are just so wierd looking now- oh and Kenny Rogers and Gary Shandling too! I'm sure there are many others! mom
best12bars
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
Who the HELL told them it looked good?!?
DG
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
"Is it my imagination or is Barry Manilow turning into Madame!?!"

Are you referring to the hand up his butt?
Liverpool Profile PhotoLiverpool Profile Photo
Liverpool
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
DG stop talking about clay Aiken like that
PB ENT. Profile PhotoPB ENT. Profile Photo
PB ENT.
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
LOL! Madame indeed! But when I close my eyes I still hear a glorious voice. I knew Barry many, many years ago, in my Tom Jones, Englebert years, though Barry was much younger. He is an incredibly kind, quiet and shy man. I couldn't get enough of just being around the guy. (can't say the same for ole' Tommy, though)

I could listen to Barry for hours....he's just gotten a bit carried away with the looks though.
www.pbentertainmentinc.com BWW regional writer "Philadelphia/South Jersey"
DG
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
And, in all honesty, a great musical arranger - especially of 40's era material.
supportivemom Profile Photosupportivemom Profile Photo
supportivemom
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
Ok, I admit it- I went to one of his concerts in college and he was amazing. He has a great sense of humor and is wonderful on the piano. I loved how on Murphy Brown, Murphy hated Barry but then his music was the only thing that calmed down her son. Then Barry came on at the end of the episode and sang "I Am Your Child"- it was beautiful! mom
PB ENT.
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
DG, I totally agree. The man composes, arranges, is an accomplished pianist and delivers his songs like very few in the industry. If you had a chance to hear his Oldies CD, his Unchained Melody melts butter.

My kids laugh at me for lovin' Barry, but they just don't know talent, imo.
DG
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
I gave up appologizing for what I like a long time ago - it's what I like, who cares? And I've always liked him. Especially his big band stuff - but also the 'ballad' years.

"Weekend in New England" can still reduce me to a puddle almost immediately.
PB ENT.
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
"Barry Manilow has become formidable, extremely large, a legend even, in the show-business sense ... he is a giant among entertainers. There is always a new album, there is always a world tour. Most probably, he is the showman of our generation. He lives for production values, for rich staging, for catchy hooks and big finishes. He wants your goose flesh. Sinatra, it is said, once jabbed a finger at Manilow and portentiously announced, 'He's next!'" ~ Rolling Stone Magazine

At 61, he's one Jew that aged like fine wine that only gets better.( and he would plotz if he heard that) ok...I'm done slobbering.( for now)
JohnBoy2 Profile PhotoJohnBoy2 Profile Photo
JohnBoy2
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
At 61, he's one Jew that aged like fine wine that only gets better.( and he would plotz if he heard that) ok...I'm done slobbering.( for now)

Wait a minute! What?!
best12bars
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
My comment has nothing to do with his talent. I've seen him live in concert myself, back in the early '80s. He was fantastic, and put on one of the best shows I've ever seen.

But stop injecting crap into your face thinking it makes you look better, people!!! It doesn't. You're ruining your faces.

The sad thing is that 61 isn't that old. I would love it if he looked like a 61-year-old man. Instead he looks like a puppet of a drag-queen diva. His face is "melting." It's ugly, and somebody needs to stand up and tell these Hollywood emperors that they're wearing NO CLOTHES! The illusion didn't work, and you've been duped.
PB ENT.
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
Best12, you're right when Madame looks in the mirror she starts singing " Mandy". But if it works for Barry, hey it's his face. I just buy his CD's and close my eyes. You'll never stop the Botox Beat. lol!

DMsquared2 Profile PhotoDMsquared2 Profile Photo
DMsquared2
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
Let's just hope Wayland Flowers doesn't have his hand up Manilow's ass.
artscallion Profile Photoartscallion Profile Photo
artscallion
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
He looks like Joan Rivers. They must use the same guy.

I saw Bette Midler in concert at the Universal Amphitheater in LA during her "Art or Bust" tour in the 80s. It was a special New Years Eve concert and just before midnight a piano rolled out with father time at the bench. He whipped off his wig/beard to reveal Barry Manilow underneath. Barry and Bette had reportedly been feuding for years and, whether that's true or not, they played this as the first time they'd spoken in all that time. They sang "Ya Gotta Have Friends" which led into the countdown. Special memories.

This moment in gay history was brought to you by BotoXLube, loosens and tightens all at the same time!
Art has a double face, of expression and illusion.
Updated On: 12/12/07 at 01:22 PM
hermionejuliet Profile Photohermionejuliet Profile Photo
hermionejuliet
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
"DG stop talking about clay Aiken like that"

LOL - please let's not encourage the Clay defenders to return. He doesn't start until mid-January. The board needs some Christmas peace. Clay would want it. re: Is it my imagination or is Barry Manilow turning into Madame!?!

I think Barry is a great performer, but I have to say the Botox influx kinda freaks me out. That's one good point of sitting far far away at his concert.
So, that was the Drowsy Chaperone. Oh, I love it so much. I know it's not a perfect show...but it does what a musical is supposed to do. It takes you to another world, and it gives you a little tune to carry with you in your head for when you're feeling blue. Ya know?
TheatreDiva90016 Profile PhotoTheatreDiva90016 Profile Photo
TheatreDiva90016
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
"Let's just hope Wayland Flowers doesn't have his hand up Manilow's ass."

Considering Barry is nowhere near the cemetary Waland is buried in, I hope not.

Ew.
"TheatreDiva90016 - another good reason to frequent these boards less."<<>> I hesitate to give this line of discussion the validation it so desperately craves by perpetuating it, but the light from logic is getting further and further away with your every successive post. <<>> -whatever2
Mr Roxy Profile PhotoMr Roxy Profile Photo
Mr Roxy
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
It is good to see Madame in such fine form.
Poster Emeritus
TheatreDiva90016 Profile PhotoTheatreDiva90016 Profile Photo
TheatreDiva90016
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
Thanks! re: Is it my imagination or is Barry Manilow turning into Madame!?!
"TheatreDiva90016 - another good reason to frequent these boards less."<<>> I hesitate to give this line of discussion the validation it so desperately craves by perpetuating it, but the light from logic is getting further and further away with your every successive post. <<>> -whatever2
LaurenB
Broadway Star
Broadway Star
"He and Bruce Jenner are just so wierd looking now- oh and Kenny Rogers and Gary Shandling too!"

Gary Shandling had his face done? Was he afraid that his matinee idol good looks were vanishing?

Bruce Jenner - *shaking head*, he looks terrible