Amy Winehouse nominated for six Grammy awards

iHeartMyGeek Profile PhotoiHeartMyGeek Profile Photo
iHeartMyGeek
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
I can certainly appreciate Barry Manilow. Moreso than Amy Winehouse, in any case.
"I can't figure out what kind of life this is, comedy or tragedy, I just know it's showbiz. And what if I don't agree with the lines I have to read? They don't pay me enough, the way I see it."
Jonny boy Profile PhotoJonny boy Profile Photo
Jonny boy
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
You guys are all crazy!!! Amy is the **** regardless of her addictions. She should win for every category that she is nominated for. Hopefully she can get her **** together enouph to perform=-)
Borstalboy Profile PhotoBorstalboy Profile Photo
Borstalboy
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
They shouldn't even call it the Grammys anymore, they should call it Clear Channel Presents The Big Label Popularity Hoedown.
"Impossible is just a big word thrown around by small men who find it easier to live in the world they've been given than to explore the power they have to change it. Impossible is not a fact. It's an opinion. Impossible is not a declaration. It's a dare. Impossible is potential. Impossible is temporary. Impossible is nothing. ~ Muhammad Ali
TheatreDiva90016 Profile PhotoTheatreDiva90016 Profile Photo
TheatreDiva90016
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
Look VoiceAnth is back, as another asshole.
"TheatreDiva90016 - another good reason to frequent these boards less."<<>> I hesitate to give this line of discussion the validation it so desperately craves by perpetuating it, but the light from logic is getting further and further away with your every successive post. <<>> -whatever2
Jonny boy
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
Oh God....... here you go again......
Jonny boy
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
Oh God....... here you go again......
don logan Profile Photodon logan Profile Photo
don logan
Leading Actor
Leading Actor
Amy Winehouse is the best singer the UK has produced since Dusty Springfield. Hopefully she'll live longer than Dusty did.
"Never before has an American president been so closely tied to a foreign power that harbors and supports our country's mortal enemies."
Guido Contini Profile PhotoGuido Contini Profile Photo
Guido Contini
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
that's a BOLD statement!

perhaps TOO bold.
"Applause begets applause in the theatre, as laughter begets laughter and tears beget tears." CLAYTON HAMILTON, "Theory of the Theatre" "I think theater ought to be theatrical ... you know, shuffling the pack in different ways so that it's -- there's always some kind of ambush involved in the experience. You're being ambushed by an unexpected word, or by an elephant falling out of the cupboard, whatever it is." TOM STOPPARD
DG
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
Wow . . .
Link.
Guido Contini
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
Oh my god, that was horrendous. "ladies and gentleman, your grammy award goes to.....wait, where's ms. winehouse? she's where?!?...."

ugh...maybe she'll forget to show up and they'll have to give it someone else.
"Applause begets applause in the theatre, as laughter begets laughter and tears beget tears." CLAYTON HAMILTON, "Theory of the Theatre" "I think theater ought to be theatrical ... you know, shuffling the pack in different ways so that it's -- there's always some kind of ambush involved in the experience. You're being ambushed by an unexpected word, or by an elephant falling out of the cupboard, whatever it is." TOM STOPPARD
Rathnait62 Profile PhotoRathnait62 Profile Photo
Rathnait62
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
"Amy Winehouse is the best singer the UK has produced since Dusty Springfield." That's a joke, right?

"Hopefully she'll live longer than Dusty did." Okay, that's definitely a joke. She'll be lucky to live half as long as Springfield did.
Have I ever shown you my Shattered Dreams box? It's in my Disappointment Closet. - Marge Simpson
Guido Contini
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
Rath, should we start a list of better musicians and singers now or just let the ignorant comment slide this time?
Rathnait62 Profile PhotoRathnait62 Profile Photo
Rathnait62
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
I'm tired and hung over, but you can start a list if you'd like. I just don't know if BWW has the bandwidth to hold it.
Have I ever shown you my Shattered Dreams box? It's in my Disappointment Closet. - Marge Simpson
TheatreDiva90016
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
Guido,

How can you call her a musician after watching that video?

I couldn't understand a word of it.

She's trash.
"TheatreDiva90016 - another good reason to frequent these boards less."<<>> I hesitate to give this line of discussion the validation it so desperately craves by perpetuating it, but the light from logic is getting further and further away with your every successive post. <<>> -whatever2
Updated On: 12/6/07 at 02:58 PM
Jonny boy
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
Guido Contini .... it just goes to show how bad some peoples taste is on this board=-)
Guido Contini
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
hahahaha. bad taste. that's a good one.

beginning of list...

let's start with jamie cullum...we'll go from there.
TheatreDiva90016
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
Was he nominated?
soapguy17 Profile Photosoapguy17 Profile Photo
soapguy17
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
Jamie Cullum rocks my socks off.

Diva, I'm not so sure he's released an album recently, so probaly not.
I have NEVER met Cheyenne Jackson. I have never hung out with him in his dressing room, he did not tweet me, he never bought me a beverage, and he mostly certainly didn't tickle me. . .that is all.
Guido Contini
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
no, of course not. he wasn't nominated even when he DID release an album.

I'm working on the list of "better singers from the UK"
JoeKv99 Profile PhotoJoeKv99 Profile Photo
JoeKv99
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
I'd nominate Robbie Williams in the "Better than Amy Winehouse" category.
No good can possibly come from using this vast wasteland of error and deliberate deceit. You should get off of it and warn others away. You should make sure your children and grandchildren know what a corrupt and morally bankrupt institution it truly is.
Guido Contini
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
I believe Robbie is an excellent nominee.

and i think Jamie's last album was "Catching Tales" which I absolutely adored.
StickToPriest Profile PhotoStickToPriest Profile Photo
StickToPriest
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
"Noone should be awarded for being a mess."

It's about the music, not their behavior.
"One no longer loves one's insight enough once one communicates it."

The opposite of creation isn't war, it's stagnation.
Guido Contini
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
I disagree, wholeheartedly.
Jonny boy
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
"I'd nominate Robbie Williams in the "Better than Amy Winehouse" category. "

He is cute , but no comparison to Amy.
Jonny boy
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
"I'd nominate Robbie Williams in the "Better than Amy Winehouse" category. "

He is cute , but no comparison to Amy.