Page: 1

Quaker Rice Snacks

Parks
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
Quaker Rice Snacks#1
Posted: 11/10/07 at 1:14pm
Anyone had them? They're quite fantastic, if you ask me. Except...every now and then, I will find one that has some black stuff on it. Anyone know what this is? Makes me a little uncomfortable. I just bought a bag of the Ranch flavored ones. I need to go buy some more!

I used to eat Soy Crisps. I don't remember though--are they better than the Quaker Rice Snacks? They're pretty similar, aren't they?
"If it walks like a Parks, if it wobbles like a Parks, then it's definitely fat and nobody loves it." --MA
Mythus
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: Quaker Rice Snacks#2
Posted: 11/10/07 at 1:30pm
I thought that was just me being paranoid...I pick the black spot off and continue enjoying my caramel rice cake. Mmmmmmmmm. Never tried the soy crisps, though.
Parks
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: Quaker Rice Snacks#2
Posted: 11/10/07 at 3:01pm
I went to the store and bought 3 different kinds of rice snacks...
1) Quaker's
2) Soy Crisps (which I am eating now--go into that in a sec)
3) Kroger Brand Rice Cakes

The Soy Crisps, at first, were a little bit weird tasting...but now I'm kind of enjoying them. :)

And 7 grams of soy protein! Wooot!
"If it walks like a Parks, if it wobbles like a Parks, then it's definitely fat and nobody loves it." --MA
~FloweryFriend~ Profile Photo~FloweryFriend~ Profile Photo
~FloweryFriend~
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: Quaker Rice Snacks#3
Posted: 11/10/07 at 4:10pm
I LOVE Ranch Quakes. Mmmmm.

I often have full-size rice cakes at my desk at work as well. Carmel Corn, Apple Cinnamon, and Chocolate Peanut Butter are all good.
I starred in a short film called Magnetic Personality. Check it out!
Dancinqueen123 Profile PhotoDancinqueen123 Profile Photo
Dancinqueen123
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: Quaker Rice Snacks#4
Posted: 11/10/07 at 4:13pm
I love the rice cake snacks! My favorite kinds are the cheddar and the chocolate ones.
<--Sometimes it's easier to get out of a jam than into one
JoeKv99 Profile PhotoJoeKv99 Profile Photo
JoeKv99
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: Quaker Rice Snacks#5
Posted: 11/10/07 at 4:47pm
Parks I too have seen the mysterious black marks on my Rice Snacks. I try not to think about it. I just break the affected part off and tell myself the rice just got scorched in processing. That, or it's a rat turd.
No good can possibly come from using this vast wasteland of error and deliberate deceit. You should get off of it and warn others away. You should make sure your children and grandchildren know what a corrupt and morally bankrupt institution it truly is.
Parks
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: Quaker Rice Snacks#6
Posted: 11/10/07 at 5:28pm
Daaaang! There must be a lot of rats in the Quaker factory!
JoeKv99 Profile PhotoJoeKv99 Profile Photo
JoeKv99
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: Quaker Rice Snacks#7
Posted: 11/11/07 at 1:55pm
Oh yes! Quaker Crispy O's were originally called "Quaker Rat's Delight" but it tested poorly. But even since then, the plant has been overrun. They just put out big pans of grain to try to keep them from falling int the machinery.
No good can possibly come from using this vast wasteland of error and deliberate deceit. You should get off of it and warn others away. You should make sure your children and grandchildren know what a corrupt and morally bankrupt institution it truly is.