Posted: 9/7/04 at 3:01pm
Nothing!
Matt_G Profile PhotoMatt_G Profile Photo
Matt_G
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: when not listening to broadway...#2
Posted: 9/7/04 at 3:02pm
Depends on my mood. Right now I'm listening to American Analog Set. 20 minutes ago, I was listening to The Chipmunks.
"Noah, someday we'll talk again. But there's things we'll never say. That sorrow deep inside you. It inside me, too. And it never go away. You be okay. You'll learn how to lose things..."
Mythus
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: when not listening to broadway...#3
Posted: 9/7/04 at 3:07pm
I'm the same as Guenevere - nothing. I used to listen to other things, but now that I've gone Broadway, I just can't go back to hip-hop. I don't WANT to go back to hip-hop. Ugh.

I was listening to Boom Shakalaka from Muppet Treasure Island a while ago. That's not Broadway. It's a musical movie...but it's not Broadway.
redhotinnyc2 Profile Photoredhotinnyc2 Profile Photo
redhotinnyc2
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: when not listening to broadway...#4
Posted: 9/7/04 at 3:08pm
joeyjoe bought a great compilation (3 CDs for $10!!!) yesterday of the great gal singers - wonderful stuff - we listened to the first yesterday and fell in love...really great jazz from the 40s and 50s, mostly.
"I don't really get the ending,all i can go with is when after several months,Judith saw Pat sang,and later she kissed him on the toilet,after that the story back to where Pat went down from the stage after he'd sung,and he went to the italian lady.I just don't get it,what Judith exatcly meant when he kissed Pat that she had seen,and did Pat end up together with The Italian Lady?Please help me,thank u very much!" Quote from someone on IMDB in reference to a movie he/she didn't understand. Such grammar!
bdwaygirl Profile Photobdwaygirl Profile Photo
bdwaygirl
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: when not listening to broadway...#5
Posted: 9/7/04 at 3:08pm
Definitely depends on the mood. Springsteen, Journey, 70's stuff, Elton John, Scorpions, Billy Idol, The Who and sometimes I throw in what I call, "sad, sappy, sh**.
I hung out with Cheyenne Jackson in his dressing room waayyyyyy before he tickled D2.

"unleash the girly"

Our fingerprints don't fade from the lives we touch.

Puppies are babies in fur coats.

Tinfoil...The Terrorizing Terminator

Ilive4nyc Profile PhotoIlive4nyc Profile Photo
Ilive4nyc
Stand-by
Stand-by
re: when not listening to broadway...#6
Posted: 9/7/04 at 3:40pm
Dave Matthews!!!
"It's like I'm your lover or more like your ghost. I spend the day wondering what you do where you go" "A log is like this big around, you're lucky your head didn't fall off, you best get yourself to a hospital....
Pip Profile PhotoPip Profile Photo
Pip
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: when not listening to broadway...#7
Posted: 9/7/04 at 3:43pm
I'm listening to a lot of old stuff lately like Ella Fitzgerald and Duke Ellington.
FindingNamo
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: when not listening to broadway...#8
Posted: 9/7/04 at 3:44pm
I feel so sad for people who listen to nothing but show tunes. So very very sad.

Lately it's been the new Polyphonic Spree, the new Tanya Donnelly, the School of Rock soundtrack, and any Ramones I can get my hands on.
Chat with the groan-ups: https://twitter.com/NamoInExile
LadyGuenevere
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: when not listening to broadway...#9
Posted: 9/7/04 at 3:48pm
Okay, I am ashamed to say it.

Europop and European techno. There, there it is. Mostly the old-school stuff.

joeyjoe Profile Photojoeyjoe Profile Photo
joeyjoe
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: when not listening to broadway...#10
Posted: 9/7/04 at 3:49pm
my musical tastes vary... sometimes lounge-y stuff, sometimes those great jazz vocals from the 40s and 50s, classical, 80s... and when i'm NOT listening to music, i'm making my own mix CDs as DJ joeyjoe, some of which you can hear on Internet Radio on the Mix Factory channel at...
mmRadio
kissmycookie Profile Photokissmycookie Profile Photo
kissmycookie
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: when not listening to broadway...#11
Posted: 9/7/04 at 3:49pm

It would totally depend on my mood. On any given day, I'll range from jazz vocals, opera, hip hop to house-dance...
Matt_G Profile PhotoMatt_G Profile Photo
Matt_G
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: when not listening to broadway...#12
Posted: 9/7/04 at 3:50pm
I also listen to some of my favorite Christian Rock Bands at home. Letting the Lord in every day helps me cope with what I'm given in my daily life. Praise him!
"Noah, someday we'll talk again. But there's things we'll never say. That sorrow deep inside you. It inside me, too. And it never go away. You be okay. You'll learn how to lose things..."
EddieVarley Profile PhotoEddieVarley Profile Photo
EddieVarley
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: when not listening to broadway...#13
Posted: 9/7/04 at 3:51pm
LOVE the Polyphonic Spree, also still enjoying the Lloyd Banks solo cd, and the Hives new numba is hot.
Are you following BroadwayWorld.com yet on Facebook & Twitter? click here.
Marquise Profile PhotoMarquise Profile Photo
Marquise
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: when not listening to broadway...#14
Posted: 9/7/04 at 3:52pm
i listen to alot of r&b and hip-hop and neo-soul.
kissmycookie Profile Photokissmycookie Profile Photo
kissmycookie
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: when not listening to broadway...#15
Posted: 9/7/04 at 4:00pm
Is Matt_G going all Kathie Lee on us?
SarahHIYE Profile PhotoSarahHIYE Profile Photo
SarahHIYE
Broadway Star
Broadway Star
re: when not listening to broadway...#16
Posted: 9/7/04 at 4:04pm
I like Matchbox Twenty a lot, but then I listen to Elton John, Billy Joel, stuff like that. But mostly musicals.
Jeff Goldblum: That's true, I am always right!
Broadway Star
Broadway Star
re: when not listening to broadway...#17
Posted: 9/7/04 at 5:20pm
Loving "ABBACADABRA"
spiderdj82 Profile Photospiderdj82 Profile Photo
spiderdj82
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: when not listening to broadway...#18
Posted: 9/7/04 at 5:39pm
When I am not listening to broadway music (which isn't often), I listen to emo punk (Yellowcard, Maroon 5, etc.) or old soul music like Etta James and Ella Fitzgerald.
"They're eating her and then they're going to eat me. OH MY GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOD!!!!" -Troll 2
GovernorSlaton Profile PhotoGovernorSlaton Profile Photo
GovernorSlaton
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: when not listening to broadway...#19
Posted: 9/7/04 at 6:15pm
Punk, ska, but not emo. Bands like Sublime, Plan B, Coheed and Cambria (not exactly sure of the spelling), Misfits, NOFX, Anti-Flag, etc.
feinstein9 Profile Photofeinstein9 Profile Photo
feinstein9
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: when not listening to broadway...#20
Posted: 9/7/04 at 6:17pm
dude it changes every five seconds. most frequent visiters include vocal jazz (tieranny sutton, diana krall, michael feinstein (hince the screenname), ella fitzgerlad, michael buble, tim draxl, jamie cullum, peter cincotti, bobby darrin, frank, harry connick, rosemary clooney, dean martin, nat kind cole) instrumental jazz (oscar peterson, stan getz, herbie hancock) techno/ambient (moby, zero7) college rock (the smiths, the killers, they might be giants), and of course ben folds is da MAN. operas are fantastic but that's kind of similar to broadway, in a way. oh and sixties and seventies stuff i loved when i was younger and still do- your carpenters, had every beatle album by the time i was eight, um... stevie wonder, carol king, carlie simon. and i'm a sucker for disco-ish stuff- jamiroquai i'm playing as i type right now. early '90's dance music can be fun. oh lets face it- i listen to everything but country and rap. i've got thirty six expressions, sweet as pie to tough as leatha- and enough albums to keep all those expressions satisfied.
chinkie azn jai Profile Photochinkie azn jai Profile Photo
chinkie azn jai
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: when not listening to broadway...#21
Posted: 9/7/04 at 6:17pm
theres other music other than showtunes?!
"Chicago is it's own incredible theater town right there smack down in the middle of the heartland. What a great city! I can see why Oprah likes to live there!" - Dee Hoty :-D
NoDayButToday2 Profile PhotoNoDayButToday2 Profile Photo
NoDayButToday2
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: when not listening to broadway...#22
Posted: 9/7/04 at 6:28pm
old rock bands like the eagles, guns n roses, boston, poison, def leapord, styx.. lotsa stuff

oh yea. im so cool.
jacobtsf Profile Photojacobtsf Profile Photo
jacobtsf
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: when not listening to broadway...#23
Posted: 9/7/04 at 6:48pm
Mostly showtunes and country(sorry, but I was raised that way).
Lately I've been listening to semi-oldies like Elton John, Billy Joel, and Kenny Loggins (though these names can count as showtunes)
David walked into the valley With a stone clutched in his hand He was only a boy But he knew someone must take a stand There will always be a valley Always mountains one must scale There will always be perilous waters Which someone must sail -Into the Fire Scarlet Pimpernel
Kelliexo90 Profile PhotoKelliexo90 Profile Photo
Kelliexo90
Broadway Star
Broadway Star
re: when not listening to broadway...#24
Posted: 9/7/04 at 6:50pm
Dashboard Confessional. I adore them.

And *embarrassed face* Avril Lavigne, Christina Aguilera, and Kelly Clarkson.

Less Than Jake too, and anything along the emo/punk lines.
But mostly showtunes.
What is Broadway? A street? Some say it's a street. Some say it is the best street in the world. Others think its terrible. That's the beauty of it, it's terribly beautiful. Some hate it and don't know why. Others love it and don't know why. That's what makes it so wonderful, it's a mystery.