Page: 1

Freedom of Speech!

Spiritoflaw Profile PhotoSpiritoflaw Profile Photo
Spiritoflaw
Stand-by
Stand-by
Freedom of Speech!#0
Posted: 9/1/04 at 12:59pm
I don't post very often here - but I noticed more than twice now that some of my posts are changed, edited, sentences, opinions added etc. then published on the general message board under my logo and subject line without telling me. Am I the only one who noticed this? Isn't this a (not very subtle) form of censure? Hey, what's up with that???? First Amendment Constitutional Rights are still here...
"If you walked on the moon or you flew by a star, is that any more remarkable than here where you are? Who would have thought it?" W. E. Kennon
robbiej Profile Photorobbiej Profile Photo
robbiej
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: Freedom of Speech!#1
Posted: 9/1/04 at 1:03pm
Not on this web page they're not. This is a privately run page with its own rules and regulations. They are not the government.

It's more like being at someone's house and you act badly and they ask you to leave. Their house, their right.

"I'm so looking forward to a time when all the Reagan Democrats are dead."
Updated On: 9/1/04 at 01:03 PM
SueleenGay Profile PhotoSueleenGay Profile Photo
SueleenGay
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: Freedom of Speech!#2
Posted: 9/1/04 at 1:08pm
Correct me if I am wrong, but I thought a post was either allowed to remain as written by the poster or deleted altogether. I don't think the Mods edit/rewrite posts. If you try to post certain words they may be replaced with #@*$ type symbols, but that is an automatic filter.
PEACE.
papalovesmambo Profile Photopapalovesmambo Profile Photo
papalovesmambo
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: freedom of speech!#3
Posted: 9/1/04 at 1:11pm
oftentimes when i sober up i discover that someone has accessed my account and made multiple postings using my name. i am just sick and tired of finding well reasoned posts being identified with my name, dammit. it ain't right i tells ya.
r.i.p. marco, my guardian angel.

...global warming can manifest itself as heat, cool, precipitation, storms, drought, wind, or any other phenomenon, much like a shapeshifter. -- jim geraghty

pray to st. jude

i'm a sonic reducer

he was the gimmicky sort

fenchurch=mejusthavingfun=magwildwood=mmousefan=bkcollector=bradmajors=somethingtotalkabout: the fenchurch mpd collective
Nina Profile PhotoNina Profile Photo
Nina
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: freedom of speech!#4
Posted: 9/1/04 at 1:13pm
I agree with you, Papa. It ain 't right. Your drunken, sensless rants have become the very thing that defines you.
Spiritoflaw Profile PhotoSpiritoflaw Profile Photo
Spiritoflaw
Stand-by
Stand-by
re: Freedom of Speech!#5
Posted: 9/1/04 at 1:14pm
Well, my recent post is on the regular message board; it was my review of the play "Fiction" - I started that new thread and it was very positive and without any "bad" words or anything dramatic or personal attacks or 4-letter words.
"If you walked on the moon or you flew by a star, is that any more remarkable than here where you are? Who would have thought it?" W. E. Kennon
Craig Profile PhotoCraig Profile Photo
Craig
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: Freedom of Speech!#6
Posted: 9/1/04 at 1:16pm
can you link me or PM me.. have NO idea what you are talking about. The MODS do not edit posts except to remove copywritten material (i.e. if people post articles in full)
"A little nonsense now and then is relished by the wisest men" - Willy Wonka
papalovesmambo Profile Photopapalovesmambo Profile Photo
papalovesmambo
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: freedom of speech!#7
Posted: 9/1/04 at 1:32pm
thank you, nina. y'know you work so hard to cultivate a persona and then with one coherent post you see it all come crashing down.
r.i.p. marco, my guardian angel.

...global warming can manifest itself as heat, cool, precipitation, storms, drought, wind, or any other phenomenon, much like a shapeshifter. -- jim geraghty

pray to st. jude

i'm a sonic reducer

he was the gimmicky sort

fenchurch=mejusthavingfun=magwildwood=mmousefan=bkcollector=bradmajors=somethingtotalkabout: the fenchurch mpd collective