I need your advice actors!!!!!!:(((

MelpomenesGift Profile PhotoMelpomenesGift Profile Photo
MelpomenesGift
Swing
Swing
I need your advice actors!!!!!!:(((#0
Posted: 7/30/04 at 12:05am
I need your advice actors!!!!!!:(((

HEy people! I need your help or I'm dead. This is my senior year in High school. So far here's my acting experience: 3 years of drama class in HS 1 opera workshop and I'm doing two playz in a theatre right now. .........The problem is that after graguation I can only go to a 2 year old school...so I'm confused. I'm going to take classes at HB studio durring my senior year and teh nI'm moving to NYC.....hopefully....But what u think is better...1) goto NYC and start auditioning? 2) go to NYC to some 2 year old school..and then start auditioning? If #2 then what schools....LeeStrasberg....ect?
THANK YOU!!!!
LIana

etoile Profile Photoetoile Profile Photo
etoile
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: I need your advice actors!!!!!!:(((#1
Posted: 7/30/04 at 12:23am
Stay in school! Reading, writing, spelling and grammar are fundamental.
Rest in peace, Iflitifloat.
Updated On: 7/30/04 at 12:23 AM
shesings Profile Photoshesings Profile Photo
shesings
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: I need your advice actors!!!!!!:(((#2
Posted: 7/30/04 at 12:26am
I went to AMDA in NYC. It's a 2 year program. It had its advantages and disadvantages, but I'd say definatly go somewhere. You have some experience, but not a lot, so I'd get that extra training before auditioning. The theatre world is relitively small and you want to make the best first impression at auditions possible. That way if you audition with someone repeatedly they will have a positive view of you, and not as that kid who didn't really know what they were doing. Then again there are always people who excell without any training at all. I'd say definatly go to school though.
thetheatregirlinside Profile Photothetheatregirlinside Profile Photo
thetheatregirlinside
Chorus Member
Chorus Member
re: I need your advice actors!!!!!!:(((#3
Posted: 7/30/04 at 1:29am
Trust me go to college in some way or form. I am in school now, and am looking to go to graduate school because there is so much to learn about theatre. And knowing more will help you in the long run. High school is really different than college. I have become a better actor by far because of what I have learned so far in college. Hope this helps..
SueleenGay Profile PhotoSueleenGay Profile Photo
SueleenGay
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: I need your advice actors!!!!!!:(((#4
Posted: 7/30/04 at 2:49am
My advice? Go to this link. Then when you are done there and feel confident, audition for anything and everything. And I mean EVERYTHING!

http://mywebpages.comcast.net/edicom/typing.html
PEACE.
Mister Matt Profile PhotoMister Matt Profile Photo
Mister Matt
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: I need your advice actors!!!!!!:(((#5
Posted: 7/30/04 at 1:51pm
I don't know what it's like now, but I learned the most from the summer workshop at Circle in the Square. It was an excellent program. Long enough to learn a lot, but not too long to get burned out. By the end, you know if you want to pursue more education or if you feel ready to audition.
"What can you expect from a bunch of seitan worshippers?" - Reginald Tresilian