Willy Wonka

Blonde Profile PhotoBlonde Profile Photo
Blonde
Broadway Star
Broadway Star
Willy Wonka#0
Posted: 5/26/04 at 6:28pm
Realize this is random...but does anybody know what ever happened to Julie Dawn Cole, who played Veruca Salt? I was watching it a bit yesterday and jut wondered. You never know what happens to kids in movies
shalom kitty
Broadway Star
Broadway Star
re: Willy Wonka#1
Posted: 5/26/04 at 6:58pm

she has a profile on IMDB... it says of all the children shes the only one still acting.
Jon
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: Willy Wonka#2
Posted: 5/26/04 at 10:26pm
Saturday Night Live did a very funny sketch a couple of years ago, supposedly promoting the DVD release of Willie Wonka. They said the DVD extras included a "Where are they now?" feature, and that the girl who played Veruca was now a high- priced call girl, and men paid her lots of money to say "I want it now, daddy!"

By the way, there is also a punk rock grouip called Veruca Salt.
on1ystarinthesky Profile Photoon1ystarinthesky Profile Photo
on1ystarinthesky
Broadway Star
Broadway Star
re: Willy Wonka#3
Posted: 5/26/04 at 10:47pm
I LOVE VERUCA SALT!! (the band)

I'm so ticked that Nina Gordon left...now they suck. But they're early stuff with Nina is awesome.

I didn't know anyone else knew of them. Way to go, Jon.
DJ Jellyfeltz's Weekly "Don't You Just Hate That?" (courtesy of Scott Cohen)
Walking by the same person you've already walked by in the dairy, produce, and frozen-food sections.
*I AM A MEMBER OF THE BWW.COM RADIOACTIVE SQUIRREL CLUB*
Broadway Star
Broadway Star
re: Willy Wonka#4
Posted: 5/26/04 at 11:14pm

even i've heard of the band.
ckeaton Profile Photockeaton Profile Photo
ckeaton
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: Willy Wonka#5
Posted: 5/27/04 at 9:45am
Did I read somewhere the Johnny Deep is signed for the remake?
Hamlet's father.
alterego Profile Photoalterego Profile Photo
alterego
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: Willy Wonka#6
Posted: 5/27/04 at 10:01am
She recently (April) appeared as part of a double act built around her character, at the Melbourne International Comedy Festival.
redhotinnyc2 Profile Photoredhotinnyc2 Profile Photo
redhotinnyc2
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: Willy Wonka#7
Posted: 5/27/04 at 10:43am
If they MUST make a remake of Wonka - I think Johnny Depp is great choice - I only hope they keep the song in (Pure Imagination) its my favorite part of the film...can Johnny sing?
"I don't really get the ending,all i can go with is when after several months,Judith saw Pat sang,and later she kissed him on the toilet,after that the story back to where Pat went down from the stage after he'd sung,and he went to the italian lady.I just don't get it,what Judith exatcly meant when he kissed Pat that she had seen,and did Pat end up together with The Italian Lady?Please help me,thank u very much!" Quote from someone on IMDB in reference to a movie he/she didn't understand. Such grammar!
shira467 Profile Photoshira467 Profile Photo
shira467
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: Willy Wonka#8
Posted: 5/27/04 at 5:47pm
I think it will be a very interesting remake - definitely more twisted and darker than the first. But no matter what Johnny does, Gene Wilder and the Everlasting gobstoppers will always hold a place in my heart! I love that movie.
Deet: Shira, I Love You!
shermanslave Profile Photoshermanslave Profile Photo
shermanslave
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: Willy Wonka#9
Posted: 5/27/04 at 6:20pm
I personally wanted Alan Cumming to get the part. But how about Amy Sedaris or Jackie Hoffman for Mrs. Teevee?
Please visit Bitchy Waiter
Jon
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: Willy Wonka#10
Posted: 5/27/04 at 6:30pm
The remake is NOT a musical.
redhotinnyc2
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: Willy Wonka#11
Posted: 5/28/04 at 9:37am
Neither is the original, really. It only has two songs in it. I think they should be included in the remake. And if it is Alan Cummings, I won't waste my money - Johnny Depp is a much better choice for the role -= Alan is just tooooo creepy.
"I don't really get the ending,all i can go with is when after several months,Judith saw Pat sang,and later she kissed him on the toilet,after that the story back to where Pat went down from the stage after he'd sung,and he went to the italian lady.I just don't get it,what Judith exatcly meant when he kissed Pat that she had seen,and did Pat end up together with The Italian Lady?Please help me,thank u very much!" Quote from someone on IMDB in reference to a movie he/she didn't understand. Such grammar!
mominator Profile Photomominator Profile Photo
mominator
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: Willy Wonka#12
Posted: 5/28/04 at 9:47am
Will Gene Wilder be taking over the role his father played? He'd make a great Grandpa Joe!
B
"All I ask of you is one thing: please don't be cynical. I hate cynicism -- it's my least favorite quality and it doesn't lead anywhere. Nobody in life gets exactly what they thought they were going to get. But if you work really hard and you're kind, amazing things will happen." Conan O'Brien
redhotinnyc2
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: Willy Wonka#13
Posted: 5/28/04 at 10:12am
mom - thats not a bad idea!
junglered Profile Photojunglered Profile Photo
junglered
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: Willy Wonka#14
Posted: 5/28/04 at 11:34am
"Pure Imagination" is a fantastic song, and on its way to "standard" status. Harry Connick, Jr. covered it on a recent CD and has played it in concert for the past couple of years. Last summer, veteran crooner Johnny Mathis opened his concert with his version of "Pure Imagination", also.
Matt_G Profile PhotoMatt_G Profile Photo
Matt_G
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: Willy Wonka#15
Posted: 5/28/04 at 12:52pm
Tim Burton has said those songs will not be included in his version.
"Noah, someday we'll talk again. But there's things we'll never say. That sorrow deep inside you. It inside me, too. And it never go away. You be okay. You'll learn how to lose things..."
redhotinnyc2
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: Willy Wonka#16
Posted: 5/28/04 at 12:53pm
What a shame - it would only enhance the value of the film - but with Burton at the helm, it is still sure to be a wonderful piece of film-making.
Matt_G Profile PhotoMatt_G Profile Photo
Matt_G
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: Willy Wonka#17
Posted: 5/28/04 at 12:55pm
I'm almost positive that Danny Elfman will be doing the score for the film, which I'm sure will more than make up for those songs being absent.
"Noah, someday we'll talk again. But there's things we'll never say. That sorrow deep inside you. It inside me, too. And it never go away. You be okay. You'll learn how to lose things..."
nyctopone Profile Photonyctopone Profile Photo
nyctopone
Stand-by
Stand-by
re: Willy Wonka#18
Posted: 5/28/04 at 12:59pm
If I remember right, Tim Burton is doing his version of the book, not the movie musical, which was pretty lame in my opinion. I don't remember the book that much, but I think its a lot darker, and Tim Burton would be the perfect director for it. He creates great worlds for his characters to inhabit.
A Healthy NO C-A-R-B Diet for 2004 NO C-heney NO A-shcroft NO R-umsfeld NO B-ush and "Absolutely NO RICE!"
redhotinnyc2
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: Willy Wonka#19
Posted: 5/28/04 at 3:05pm
nyctopone - I agree wholeheartedly!
joeyjoe Profile Photojoeyjoe Profile Photo
joeyjoe
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: Willy Wonka#20
Posted: 5/28/04 at 3:37pm
redhot, did you say the original only had 2 songs??? "The Candy Man", "Cheer Up, Charlie", "I've Got A Golden Ticket!", "Pure Imagination", the Greek Chorus of the Oompa Loompa songs, "I Want It Now" ...
redhotinnyc2
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: Willy Wonka#21
Posted: 5/28/04 at 3:39pm
oh Gosh - joey you're right - I can never remember anything other than the two major ones - Candy Man and Pure Imagination - I must be getting senile...
redhotinnyc2
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: Willy Wonka#22
Posted: 5/28/04 at 3:40pm
...and for some reason I still don't think of it as a musical.
joeyjoe Profile Photojoeyjoe Profile Photo
joeyjoe
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: Willy Wonka#23
Posted: 5/28/04 at 3:40pm
i occasionally sing "I've got a golden ticket" when something good happens... like when i met you!
redhotinnyc2
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: Willy Wonka#24
Posted: 5/28/04 at 4:09pm
AWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW....you are the sweetest man in the world - now we have to stop this before we get accused of using this space for our love-fests...LOL...