Bush

Corine2 Profile PhotoCorine2 Profile Photo
Corine2
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
Bush#0
Posted: 2/24/04 at 2:42pm
Why not concentrate on the job situation. Many good people are out of work.
He should not focus on stopping gay marriage he should look for ways to help the unemployed in this wonderful Country!
I believe Gay marriage should be legal. Impeach the President!
Updated On: 2/24/04 at 02:42 PM
~*Triple Star On Broadway*~ Profile Photo~*Triple Star On Broadway*~ Profile Photo
~*Triple Star On Broadway*~
Broadway Star
Broadway Star
re: Bush#1
Posted: 2/24/04 at 3:59pm
He's a complete moron, I can't wait til he gets booted out of The White House.
You've gotta have heart AND music
Gothampc
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: re: Bush#2
Posted: 2/24/04 at 5:37pm
Corine, impeach means to bring a charge against someone. It doesn't mean they get kicked out of office.
If anyone ever tells you that you put too much Parmesan cheese on your pasta, stop talking to them. You don't need that kind of negativity in your life.
Corine2
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: re: re: Bush#3
Posted: 2/24/04 at 6:29pm
Well let's just find a new President to fill his shoes. We can't have the man for another term.
Dollypop
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: re: re: re: Bush#4
Posted: 2/24/04 at 6:52pm
Corine, that's not a nice way to talk about a man who almost chocked to death on a pretzel!
"Long live God!" (GODSPELL)
Jack42 Profile PhotoJack42 Profile Photo
Jack42
Broadway Star
Broadway Star
re: re: re: re: re: Bush#5
Posted: 2/24/04 at 6:56pm
Corine. Question.

Why did you start this second thread when you already started an anti-Bush thread below using an Avenue Q reference?
The two most common elements in the universe are hydrogen and stupidity -- Harlan Ellison.
Corine2
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: re: re: re: re: re: Bush#6
Posted: 2/24/04 at 7:01pm
Jack. Answer.
I am outraged about our President.
Updated On: 2/24/04 at 07:01 PM
Jack42 Profile PhotoJack42 Profile Photo
Jack42
Broadway Star
Broadway Star
re: re: re: re: re: re: re: Bush#7
Posted: 2/24/04 at 7:05pm
Corine-

That's fine. But I don't think you need to start multiple threads saying the exact same thing, do you? It's no different that starting two "I love Michael Musto" threads on the main board. One is more than enough.
The two most common elements in the universe are hydrogen and stupidity -- Harlan Ellison.
Corine2
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: Bush#8
Posted: 2/24/04 at 7:07pm
Yes Master!
Point noted!
re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: Bush
Dollypop
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: Bush#9
Posted: 2/24/04 at 9:24pm
We can only hope that the point is HEEDED!
"Long live God!" (GODSPELL)
Auggie27 Profile PhotoAuggie27 Profile Photo
Auggie27
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
Let her start as many effing threads as she pleases. There can't be enough to denounce this nightmare of a President.
"I'm a comedian, but in my spare time, things bother me." Garry Shandling
Updated On: 2/24/04 at 09:57 PM
ckeaton Profile Photockeaton Profile Photo
ckeaton
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
Your repeated posts on this board are doing nothing. Go out somewhere and hold a sign if you're pissed. I'm sick of seeing the same people saying the same things over and over. Can't we talk about anything else.
Hamlet's father.
Auggie27
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
ckeaton: To whom are you addressing your ill-considered, inappropriately divisive comment? Who appointed -- or voted -- you arbiter-in-chief of the board? Or any thread? I don't recall that election, or your supposed victory. If you don't like someone's POV in a self-initiated thread(s), or responses, fine; merely say so. You have no rights and privledges here that circumvent those of the rest of us.
Updated On: 2/24/04 at 10:31 PM
iflitifloat Profile Photoiflitifloat Profile Photo
iflitifloat
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
I'm not even sure to whom that comment was aimed, but in a thread entitled "Bush", I'm guessing it's okay to talk about, um, Bush. It's not like you were misled. You chose to open the thread and chose to read it.

Feel free to start a thread about a new and stimulating topic that suits your fancy. It's not like there's a quota.
Sueleen Gay: "Here you go, Bitch, now go make some fukcing lemonade." 10/28/10
Updated On: 2/24/04 at 10:38 PM
ckeaton
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
inappropriately divisive? From a master practitioner, Auggie, I consider that a compliment. I did take your advice... I "just said so". I appear to have stirred YOUR pot. That was my only hope. I hope that raise in your blood pressure was fun.

Did I hack into the BWW.com database and delete your posts? I did not. So I don't see how I've "circumvented" (very poor use of the term... Please buy a dictionary, before you try to sound educated) anything.

Hamlet's father.
megreen31
Swing
Swing
the man is a complete embarassment to our contry. let's get rid of him and get the world back in order.
ckeaton
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
God knows this country has never had a President that people find embarrassing. I know I was very proud when I found out our president was violating an intern with a cigar in the Oval Office.
Hamlet's father.
Auggie27
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
(I'm pleased you're having fun, CKeaton, but the only person raising my blood pressure these days is your beloved Mr. Bush. The man who clearly wishes to circumvent {"...to manage to get around by ingenuity or stratagem..."} the intent and purpose(s) of the US Constitution.)

Everyone (else) should check out the Times editorial today, which states something we didn't here, namely, what an opportunity for leadership -- for truly 'unifying'-- this could've been:

"...If Mr. Bush had been acting as a presdent yesterday, rather than a presidental candidate, he would have tried to guide the nation on the divisive question of what rights gay Americans have... Except for a throwaway line, about proceeding with 'kindness and good will and decency' the president's speech was a call for taking rights away from gay Americans..."

Clearly, further dividing us, not guiding, was his ultimate goal.
Updated On: 2/25/04 at 10:33 AM
orion59 Profile Photoorion59 Profile Photo
orion59
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: re: re: re: Bush#18
Posted: 2/25/04 at 10:48am
"God knows this country has never had a President that people find embarrassing. I know I was very proud when I found out our president was violating an intern with a cigar in the Oval Office."

Admittedly, Clinton brought some embarrassment to the office. However, you can't really compare that situation to anything Bush has done. The actions Bush takes effect everyone in this country whether it be starting a war that never should have been or trying to amend the constitution to suit his own beliefs when he should be focusing on the problems health care and unemployemnt. What Clinton did as far as having sex with an intern did not effect the daily lives of Americans. Sure, many may have felt it was immoral, given the fact that he was married but, it actually did not directly effect us.

You seem to like Bush, based on other posts you've made, and defend much of what he does. If you like him, fine, you can have him. Many of us don't like him, don't want him for another term and are free to spaek about it here or anywhere else. that's one of the advantages to a democracy, we can be free to criticize our leaders openly.
http://www.danperezgallery.com
joeyjoe Profile Photojoeyjoe Profile Photo
joeyjoe
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: re: re: re: re: Bush#19
Posted: 2/25/04 at 10:57am
and we can initiate as many posts as we want about him... you can choose not to read them, instead of reading them and then complaining about them... this is, after all, a free country...

uh... isn't it???
jrb_actor Profile Photojrb_actor Profile Photo
jrb_actor
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: re: re: re: re: re: Bush#20
Posted: 2/25/04 at 11:19am
I'm always amazed when Bush lovers TRY to compare Clinton and Dubya. As if a cigar and a BJ can possibly compete with murder, lies, hatred, and corruption.

I'll take a cigar and a BJ over the other any day.
~*Triple Star On Broadway*~ Profile Photo~*Triple Star On Broadway*~ Profile Photo
~*Triple Star On Broadway*~
Broadway Star
Broadway Star
re: re: re: re: re: re: re: Bush#21
Posted: 2/25/04 at 11:21am
LOL, we're not 100% sure about that one anymore joeyjoe
You've gotta have heart AND music
iflitifloat Profile Photoiflitifloat Profile Photo
iflitifloat
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: Bush#22
Posted: 2/25/04 at 12:10pm
Ya know, CK, you pushed my buttons last night by attacking Auggie like that. I thought it was unprecipitated and out of line. I love reading his posts, and admire the passion behind his opinions. *My* inclination was to lash out at you, but I sat on it overnight, and realize I'm not ready to go there. I'm not out to pick a fight.

This is an election year. This is the OT board. We're likely to dicuss, and yes, even over-discuss topics...ad nauseum... to death, even. And certainly the quality, the complexity of those discussions are going to enhanced if there is a wider range of viewpoints represented. papalovesmambo and I are frequently polar opposites, philosophically, but I love sparring with him and respect his views, even if I can't for the life of me figure out why he holds them. To the best of my knowledge neither of us harbors ill will against the other, and I'd go as far as to say that he's one of my favorite people on the board. Certainly, posters with right-ward leanings are fairly few and far between here, especially since Mr. Roxy's sworn off politics, but I for one, prefer to have your representation and be exposed to real persons having differing views. But that doesn't mean I'm not going to argue with you. It would be one thing if anti- (or pro-) Bush comments were popping up in inappropriate threads,say in the Idina/Kristen/Neckbrace thread, but all is fair in a clearly labeled political thread. It's likely to get tense from time to time, so we can all benefit from practicing tolerance. The last thing this board needs is to alienate the posters who afford it with a quality of ideologic diversity. But by the same token, even those of us who are in the majority (in this venue) in our loathing for Mr. Bush, have the right to state and restate our dissatisfaction, fear, and loathing, without being personally belittled.

Sueleen Gay: "Here you go, Bitch, now go make some fukcing lemonade." 10/28/10
Updated On: 2/25/04 at 12:10 PM
jrb_actor Profile Photojrb_actor Profile Photo
jrb_actor
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: Bush#23
Posted: 2/25/04 at 3:55pm
iflitifloat: I give you a standing ovation for that one!
papalovesmambo Profile Photopapalovesmambo Profile Photo
papalovesmambo
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
once again i stumble into a thread with the word bush in it hoping to find other adolescent minded perverts discussing bushes and pee pees and wee wees and boobies and i am subjected to an unexpected and frightening political discourse. i am starting to lose faith...
r.i.p. marco, my guardian angel.

...global warming can manifest itself as heat, cool, precipitation, storms, drought, wind, or any other phenomenon, much like a shapeshifter. -- jim geraghty

pray to st. jude

i'm a sonic reducer

he was the gimmicky sort

fenchurch=mejusthavingfun=magwildwood=mmousefan=bkcollector=bradmajors=somethingtotalkabout: the fenchurch mpd collective