Printer Friendly -

My visits with ANNA...& CABARET
Posted by DavidMegg 2003-11-18 06:44:01

Spent a great 2 days in NY; went to the ANNA IN THE TROPICS opening and then caught CABARET Monday night. I agree with AlDente's review of the show. But I'd never been to an opening night before, so something about it was very special. Unfortunately, I knew how it ended, so it wasn't as shocking.
But all in all, a very poignant play.
CABARET was fantastic. I'd seen it once before with Molly Ringwald and John Stamos and enjoyed it a lot, even if I knew that there were far better actors/singers to be seen in those 2 roles. And I found them in Adam Pascal and Susan Egan. They were both superb all around. Adam was very great and the only disappointing thing was at the end of ACT I when he drops his drawers, I found a VERY flat tush!!! lol...
But everything else he brought to it certainly made up for it.
And P.S. - If you even resemble a student (in age), sweet talk the blonde box office gal and she can sell you the tables right at the stage (on either side) for the student price. All I know is I got the most expensive seats for $45 each!
-david

re: My visits with ANNA...& CABARET
Posted by broadwayguy2 2003-11-18 13:02:08

you can sweet talk her if you are young and cute. LOL.

ha ha! You guys got the short version.. I got a phone call and was told the long version with many interesting details... I wanna go to an opening!!!!!! David had FUN

re: My visits with ANNA...& CABARET
Posted by thirdrowcenter 2003-11-18 19:59:30

I also saw Cabaret with John Stamos and Molly Ringwald. I kin of liked Stamos but I just didn't care for Molly. The only thing I didn't like about Cabaret was the price of the drinks.
I'm glad you liked Anna in the Tropics too.