Printer Friendly - re: Roles with different hair color than your hair color that you would like to play

Roles with different hair color than your hair color that you would like to play
Posted by FindingNamo 2003-09-17 19:46:22

I would like to play Terrence Mann's hair color version of Frank N. Furter as well as Patrick Stewart's version of Ebenezier Scrooge.

re: Roles with different hair color than your hair color that you would like to play
Posted by lass 2003-09-17 20:20:55

Although technically we're both brunettes, I think I could pull off a hair style like Boy George's.

re: re: Roles with different hair color than your hair color that you would like to play
Posted by FindingNamo 2003-09-17 20:24:23

I know you could, grrrl.

re: Roles with different hair color than your hair color that you would like to play
Posted by Gothampc 2003-09-17 20:54:34

Definitely Daddy Warbucks

re: re: Roles with different hair color than your hair color that you would like to play
Posted by FindingNamo 2003-09-17 20:59:46

Warbucks and Patrick Stewart's Scrooge would make a perfect gay couple.

re: re: re: Roles with different hair color than your hair color that you would like to play
Posted by TheaterBaby 2003-09-18 00:43:04

This is it! Have we run out of good topics?

re: re: re: re: Roles with different hair color than your hair color that you would like to play
Posted by daisy hilton 2003-09-18 01:23:30

Namo... I love you!!!

Know I can always count on you for a laugh a'two!

On that note... I'd like to play Lea DeLaria's hair cut in RHS!

re: re: re: re: re: Roles with different hair color than your hair color that you would like to play
Posted by FindingNamo 2003-09-18 08:18:08

You in your Lea hair and me in my Terrence hair, we could rule the world!!

I should probably do a separate thread to see if people would dye their eyebrows to go with the new hair color they'd get to play the roles with different hair color than their own?

re: re: re: re: re: re: Roles with different hair color than your hair color that you would like to play
Posted by Theatreboy33 2003-09-18 08:46:18

The ultimate of course: go blonde and play Hamlet.

re: re: re: re: re: re: re: Roles with different hair color than your hair color that you would like to play
Posted by FindingNamo 2003-09-18 09:12:56

If you're Method, would you be required to bleach all your hair?

re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: Roles with different hair color than your hair color that you would like to play
Posted by Al Dente 2003-09-18 10:13:39

Absolutely Namo! Whatsoever the haircut/role requires. So, you'd have to shave it off, if you wanted (like me and Gothampc do), to play Daddy Warbucks.

re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: Roles with different hair color than your hair color that you would like to play
Posted by FindingNamo 2003-09-18 10:35:39

That would certainly bring a kind of itchy jitteriness to our portrayals, I suppose.

Posted by MasterLcZ 2003-09-18 12:49:32

I don't care one way or another about hair color, but I do think that Broadway needs more snoods.

Posted by rlbgbc 2003-09-18 12:53:16

I've always been a snood man. Heck, even Bing was a snood man (or was it Danny?) in WHITE CHRISTMAS: "where'd you leave that? In your snood?"

Although it doesn't qualify as a "snood" per se, I've also been partial to Garland's hair covering in the proposal scene in MEET ME IN ST. LOUIS. Magical, simply magical. And Tom Drake wanted to wear it, too.

re: re: re: Roles with different hair color than your hair color that you would like to play
Posted by BrdwyThtr 2003-09-18 15:47:19

Tracy Turnblad, bleach and all!

re: re: re: re: Roles with different hair color than your hair color that you would like to play
Posted by Hello Gorgeous 2003-09-18 16:14:21

Any character with red hair...I'd almost die for red hair....

re: re: re: re: re: Roles with different hair color than your hair color that you would like to play
Posted by SueleenGay 2003-09-18 16:18:04

SNOOD!!!

That word always makes me laugh. (And accentuates my neck and jawline, to boot!)

Posted by FindingNamo 2003-09-18 16:18:29

Don't die for red hair, DYE for red hair!

re: re: re: re: re: re: Roles with different hair color than your hair color that you would like to play
Posted by Hello Gorgeous 2003-09-18 16:20:57

Hahaha Namo you're so funny....

re: re: re: re: re: re: re: Roles with different hair color than your hair
Posted by DofB5 2003-09-18 19:40:38

Lord, I didn't think anyone except me knew what snood was anymore. I LOVE them! I think I'm up to over a dozen different colors. I can't decide if I should go for the $20.00 ones I've seen on E-bay. They're kinda Ren Fest/Period but I love the pearls.

D

re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: Roles with different hair color than your hair
Posted by lass 2003-09-18 20:06:50

"Snooding" is a word too.

For example, "The actress thought snooding would enhance her appearance for the producer."

re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: Roles with different hair color than your hair
Posted by Dollypop 2003-09-18 20:34:14

Forget Broadway...the whole world needs more snoods!!!

re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: Roles with different hair color than your hair
Posted by TheaterBaby 2003-09-19 17:45:57

I always wanted red hair too, and then poof! Feria found it's way into my home

re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: Roles with different hair color than your hair
Posted by MasterLcZ 2003-09-19 18:13:53

I can't help it. But whenever I see the name "Cherry Jones", I think of Vivian Blaine, who was billed as "that luscious cherry blonde".

Would Cherry Jones ever become a "cherry blonde"?

re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: Roles with different hair color than your hair
Posted by Hello Gorgeous 2003-09-19 18:55:42

LOL Christine!

re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: Roles with different hair color than your hair
Posted by Hank 2003-09-19 19:28:13

Hey! I think this is a cool thread.
I wish I could play anybody in Hair.
Unfortunatly, I'm more of a Daddy Warbucks or Patrick Stewart kind of guy.
"Make it so".