Hal Linden and More Set for Pasadena Playhouse's UNDER MY SKIN, Opening Tonight, 9/11
The Pasadena Playhouse's World Premiere engagement of UNDER MY SKIN is written by the award-winning team of RoBert Sternin and Prudence Fraser and will be directed by Marcia Milgrom Dodge. Performances will begin tonight, September 11 through October 7, with an official press opening on Wednesday, September 19, 2012, at 8:00 p.m. at The Pasadena Playhouse.
"Marcia has assembled a wonderfully talented cast to bring this delicious comedy to life on The Playhouse stage," said Sheldon Epps, Artistic Director of The Pasadena Playhouse. "I am excited to see the production grow over the coming weeks of rehearsal and eager for our audiences to enjoy another world premiere engagement on our stage."
“I’m thrilled to make my Pasadena Playhouse debut with this hilarious comedy by Rob Sternin and Prudence Fraser,” said director Marcia Milgrom Dodge. “We’ve assembled a terrific cast who are not only funny, but gorgeous and sexy. I am so excited to play with them all.”
In UNDER MY SKIN, a twist of fate leads to love and laughs when New York's most eligible bachelor and a single working mom hilariously experience each other's lives and see things from a very different perspective. From the acclaimed writing and producing team of RoBert Sternin and Prudence Fraser and Tony-nominated Ragtime director Marica Milgrom Dodge, comes the world premiere of an outrageous, new, heartfelt comedy about sex love and healthcare ... the three things we all need but can't always get.
The full cast for UNDER MY SKIN features (in alphabetical order):
• Tim Bagley as “Dr. Hurtz” (“Web Therapy,” Knocked Up)
• Erin Cardillo as “Melody Dent” (“Hawaii Five-0,” “Passions,” “The Suite Life on Deck”)
• Yvette Cason as “Angel” (Dreamgirls, Ray Charles Live!, Sisterella)
• Hal Linden as “Poppa Sam” (“Barney Miller”)
• Monette Magrath as “Victoria” (“Weeds,” The Playhouse’s Mauritius)
• Megan Sikora as “Nanette” (L.A. & Broadway’s Curtains)
• Danielle Soibelman as “Casey” (The Morning After, The Chaperone)
• Matt Walton as “Harrison Badish” (Burn After Reading, “One Life to Live,” Comedy Central’s “Onion Sports Dome”)
In addition to director Marcia Milgrom Dodge, the creative team for UNDER MY SKIN includes scenic design by John Iacovelli (The Playhouse’s recent hit The Heiress), lighting design by Jared A. Sayeg (The Playhouse’s recent hit Blues For An Alabama Sky), sound design by Philip G. Allen (The Playhouse’s recent hit ART) and costume design by Kate Bergh (The Playhouse’s recent hit ART).