PARADE: The Collective An Eclectic Exhibition Of Artwork By Cirque du Soleil Employees to Open 1/2 at Trifecta Gallery
The Global Citizenship Service at Cirque du Soleil will reveal their 9th annual art exhibition, PARADE: The Collective, on Friday, Jan. 3. Artists will be available during the collection's preview on Thursday, Jan. 2 from 6 to 8 p.m. The exhibition will run Jan. 2 - 30 at the Trifecta Gallery inside the Arts Factory in downtown Las Vegas and is free and open to the public.
Cirque du Soleil and the Trifecta Gallery will also host 'Late til 8,' a new cultural community series featuring local artists engaging in conversation about their work, art and community. The series is a new addition to The Collective, and will run every Thursday evening from 5 to 8 p.m. throughout the month of January.
· Thursday, Jan. 2 - Preview Party for Cirque du Soleil Employee Exhibition
· Thursday, Jan. 9 - Cirque du Soleil Community Outreach Programs: social and cultural ways Cirque reaffirms its commitment to the community
· Thursday, Jan. 16 - Cirque du Soleil Artists with Jobs Outside the Studio: balance, challenges, and keeping it all together
· Thursday, Jan. 23 - An Evening of Original Music Performed by Musicians from Cirque du Soleil
· Thursday, Jan. 30 - Artists Whose Occupations Inform Their Studio Practice - Cirque du Soleil employees and public conversation Q&A
Presented as part of PARADE, a Cirque du Soleil program created to encourage and support the artistic projects of its employees, The Collective brings together the many visual art practices of employees. This exhibition features artwork created by Cirque du Soleil employees (including performers, technicians and support staff) in Las Vegas.
All formats of artwork were accepted. This freedom resulted in an exhibition that displays a wide range of artistic approaches.
The cast and crew members whose artwork will be featured are:
- Sergio Kiss, Assistant Head of Rigging, Mystère
- Brien McCrea, Performer, KÀ
- Kim Johnson, Craft Technician, Zarkana
- Christina Russo, Electrics, Mystère
- Julia Amorim Parrot Bastos, Illusions, Believe
- Gail Gilbert, Performer, KÀ
- Jordyn Campbell, Wig Technician, LOVE
- Brianna Schaller, Wig Technician, LOVE
- ChrisTina Scott, Wardrobe Technician, KÀ
- Chi Ho Chan, Craft Technician, LOVE
- RuBen Permel, Head of Wardrobe, Zarkana
- Brent Sommerhauser, Production Coordinator, Michael Jackson ONE
- Elena Solodovnikova, Performer, "O"
- Jim Moran, Head of Riggin, KÀ
- Kent Caldwell, Performer, Mystère
- Laura Briseno, Wardrobe Attendant, Michael Jackson ONE
· MeghAnn Mason, Wig Technician, KÀ
· John Rohling , Props Technician, Mystère
· Armand Thomas, General Stage Manager, Mystère
· Jose J. Villar, Performer, Michael Jackson ONE
· Rezvan Lazdi, Aquatics, "O"
· Ryan Hartnett, Aquatics, "O"
Sculpture - Pottery:
· Linda LeBourveau, Wardrobe Attendant, Zumanity
PARADE, is the support program established to provide encouragement and support for employees' artistic pursuits and participation in cultural life outside their work at Cirque du Soleil. Employees who create art or are involved in the activities of an artist or arts organization are eligible for various services and resources offered by this program including sharing of expertise in project development (technical and/or artistic), support in the drafting and presentation of grant applications to public or private organizations, direct financial support (i.e. for projects requiring investment in order to come to fruition) and through mentoring.