7th Annual ECNY Awards Ceremony Held 3/14
The ECNY Awards, New York's original comedy awards, are honored to announce the nominees for the 7th Annual Awards. Winners will be announced at the 7th Annual ECNY Awards ceremony, held March 14, 2011, at 8:30PM; at 92Y Tribeca, 200 Hudson Street. The ceremony will be hosted for the fourth year in a row by Jon Friedman (The Rejection Show).
"Our Selection Committee has once again delivered a fantastic list of comedians working at the top of their field," said ECNY producer Kambri Crews. "That field, of course, being farming."
Nominees were selected after a public nomination process, and voting by a committee composed of industry professionals. The nominees were announced live by Raw Dog's own Mark Seman on SiriusXM Radio, and simultaneously on Ustream.tv and Twitter by ECNY Producer Kambri Crews. A complete list of nominees is available online at ECNYawards.com, or for your convenience, listed below.
Groups or individuals were eligible for nomination in eighteen different categories, including the following returning awards: Best Female Stand-Up Comedian; Best Male Stand-Up Comedian; Best Sketch Comedy Group; Best Host; Best Improv Group; Best Musical Comedy Act (Solo or Group); Best One Person Show; Best Comedic Video (Short or Series); Best Variety Show; Best Website; Best Book; Best Technician; Best Flyer or Postcard Design; The Emerging Comic Award; Outstanding Achievement in the Field of Tweeting; Best Podcast; Best Comedy Event; and Best Storyteller.
The Awards, a mainstay of the New York comedy scene, returned in 2007 with a completely revamped production team, after an almost two year hiatus. After sold out ceremonies the last three years, The ECNYs, now called the Excellence in Comedy New York Awards, continue to celebrate the comedic performing arts in New York City by honoring the best, funniest, and most creative performers, shows, and producers working in the field.
Some previous recipients of an ECNY Award include:
- Hannibal Buress (Best Male Stand-Up Comedian; "Saturday Night Live," "30 Rock")
- Derrick (Best Sketch Comedy Group, 2008; "Mystery Team")
- Kumail Nanjiani (Best Male Stand-Up Comedian, Best One Person Show, 2008; Comedy Central's "Michael & Michael Have Issues")
- Lennon Parham (The Emerging Comic Award, 2008; ABC's "Accidentally on Purpose")
- Nick Kroll (Best One Person Show, 2007; FOX's "Sit Down Shut Up")
- The Onion News Network (Best Web Site, 2007)
- John Mulaney (Best Male Stand-Up Comedian, 2007; "Saturday Night Live")
- Kristen Schaal (Best Female Stand-Up Comedian, 2007; "Flight of the Conchords")
- Eugene Mirman & Michael Showalter (Best Host, 2007; "Stella")
- Aziz Ansari (Best Male Stand-up, 2005; NBC's "Parks and Recreation")
- Jessi Klein (Best Female Stand-Up, 2003; Best Host, 2005; Comedy Central's "Michael and Michael Have Issues")
- Sara Schaefer (Best Host, 2004; NBC's "Late Night With Jimmy Fallon")
- Mike Birbiglia (Best Male Stand-up, 2003; Broadway's "Sleepwalk With Me")
- John Gemberling & Curtis Gwinn (Best Duo, 2003; Adult Swim's "Fat Guy Stuck in Internet")
The ECNY Awards are produced by Kambri Crews (Balyhoo Productions), Jon Friedman (The Rejection Show), Carol Hartsell (Drink at Work), Nate Sloan (The Apiary), and Alex Zalben (SketchFest NYC).
This year's Awards are sponsored by 92Y Tribeca, Harvey Altman & Co., Gotham Comedy Club, and Supermango Media. For more information, or if you would like to sponsor this year's Awards, please visit the website at ECNYAwards.com.
WHAT: The ECNY Awards
WHEN: March 14, 2011, at 8:30 PM
WHERE: 92Y Tribeca; 200 Hudson Street
2011 ECNY AWARDS NOMINEES