'PERMISSION SEEKER'S GUIDE' Offers Help Through Legal Jungle of Copyrights and More
Attorney Joy Butler provides THE resource for anyone who must clear rights with new and expanded information on wiretapping, political and cause marketing, fan fiction, tattoos and protectable art, graffiti as protectable art, and much more!
If you develop, purchase, or distribute original content, you need to clear rights. Rights clearance is essential for authors, publishers, visual artists, musicians, any type of media producer. The material might be a quote, real-life event, photograph, celebrity name, fiction, tattoo art, even graffiti....any element protected by copyright or similar laws.
The Permission Seekers Guide Through the Legal Jungle Second Edition is the resource for anyone clearing rights with new and expanded information on fan fiction, protectable art, writers, filmmaker, musicians, website developers, political and cause marketing, and wiretapping. Author, Joy R Butler, is an Entertainment Attorney and Harvard graduate who assists content clients with rights clearance issues.
"Assisting companies, content producers, small business owners, designers, and even chefs with rights clearance projects is always professionally rewarding." says Butler. "I revised my book in order to provide even more guidance and help in identifying any legal issues that may arise."
Clearing rights means keeping your production free of any material that is likely to spark legal action. The Permission Seekers Guide Through the Legal Jungle:
- Explains how to recognize and avoid rights clearance problems
- Provides detailed instructions for clearing rights to use quotes, music, artwork, film clips, people's names and faces, brand names, life stories, and much more
- Offers techniques for clearing rights in a way that saves money and minimizes legal risks
- Lays out copyright, trademark, privacy, defamation, and other laws relevant to clearing rights
- Includes over 50 pages of resources and sample forms
Each chapter is broken up into digestible segments. The reader can use it encyclopedia style for a quick answer to an immediate question.