Exclusive Photos: MAMMA MIA! Cast Sings for 'Carols For A Cure'
CAROLS FOR A CURE is the annual two-disc holiday CD compilation of original songs and holiday classics which benefits BC/EFA. These CDs boast the best voices from the worlds of Broadway, Off-Broadway and national tours. The cast of Broadway's Mamma Mia! was already hard a work yesterday recording their track for the album. Check out our exclusive photos from their recording session below!
Past editions of CAROLS FOR A CURE can be found at http://www.broadwaycares.org/store
Other shows that have recorded: "The Lion King," featuring the Disney characters Timon and Pumbaa (played by Fred Berman and Ben Jeffrey, respectively) singing musician and composer Peter Candela's original music, lyrics and orchestrations for a song called "The Wreath of Kindness;" "Mary Poppins" (The Birthday of a King); "Spiderman," featuring Aaron LeVigne & Rebecca Faulkenberry doing Aaron's original song "Call Your Mom;" "Once," performing a traditional Irish carol, "The Wexford Carol;" the cast of "Chaplin" singing an original song called "You Don't Have To Be Alone on Christmas;" Orfeh and Andy Karl sang with castmembers from "Jersey Boys;" plus "Wicked," "Mamma Mia!", "Newsies," "Rock of Ages," "Rebecca," "Jersey Boys," and Kate Wetherhead, Benjamin Eakeley, Howie Michael Smith and Joanna Shubart, representing The John Engeman Theatre.
Broadway's Carols for a Cure, the 2-disc annual CD of original and traditional holiday music recorded by stars and casts from the current Broadway shows, benefits Broadway Cares/Equity Fights AIDS. As always, the CDswill be sold during a six-week "Gypsy-of-the-Year" fundraising period, which runs from October through early-December at participating Broadway and off-Broadway shows in New York. Additionally, Broadway's Carols for a Cure, Volume 14 also can be ordered for only $23 through BC/EFA at broadwaycares.org or by calling (212) 840-0770 x238 Monday-Friday, 10:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m. EST. Volumes from previous seasons are available, too (check online or call for price).
Click here to view the full Carols for a Cure, Vol. 14 Track List.
Produced by Lynn Pinto for Rock-It Science Records and engineered by Andros Rodriguez, the Broadway's Carols for a Cure series has raised over $3 million dollars for BC/EFA since its inception in 1999, providing support and care for those suffering with AIDS, as well as lending support to women's health issues. Over the years, Broadway's Carols for a Cure CDs have featured special performances by stars Bernadette Peters, Nick Jonas, Antonio Banderas, Idina Menzel, Hugh Jackman, Harvey Fierstein, David Hyde Pierce, Raul Esparza, John Tartaglia, Darlene Love, Hugh Panaro, Michael McKean, Annette O'Toole, Andrea McArdle, Donna Lynne Champlin, and Phyllis Newman.Lovers of Broadway talent can do some early holiday shopping as well as support Broadway Cares/ Equity Fights AIDS (BC/EFA) through the purchase of this 2-disc, annual CD of original and traditional holiday music from the current 2012 Broadway line-up. As always, the CDs will be sold during a six-week "Gypsy-of-the-Year" fundraising period.
- Photo Coverage: Inside Opening Night of Pearl Theatre Company's NO EXIT
- Photo Coverage: York Theatre's TENDERLOIN Celebrates Opening Night
- Photo Coverage: Tovah Feldshuh, Melissa Errico & More Celebrate TDF at Spring Gala
- Photo Coverage: Anthony Kearns Gives Benefit Concert for Oasis
- Photo Coverage: Backstage at Town Hall's BROADWAY BY THE YEAR with Julia Murney, Tonya Pinkins & More!
- Photo Coverage: Stephanie J. Block, Emily Skinner, Joshua Henry & More Sing Musicals of 1915-39 at Town Hall
- Photo Coverage: Inside Project Shaw's THE PHILANDERER Reading
- Photo Coverage: Inside Opening Night of Paper Mill Playhouse's THE OTHER JOSH COHEN
- Photo Coverage: York Theatre Celebrates SMILING, THE BOY FELL DEAD Opening with Sheldon Harnick and More!
- Photo Coverage: Ryan Kelly and Neil Byrne Acoustic By Candlelight Tour Stops at Rory Dolan's