THE RECALL, Starring Wesley Snipes, Now Available On Amazon and Redbox
Amazon Prime Video has secured domestic SVOD rights to The RECALL, the sci-fi thriller from Minds Eye Entertainment starring Wesley Snipes. The Recall is now available in the US on Amazon Prime Video. The Recall is also available for rent on Redbox, America's leading destination for affordable, new release movie and video game rentals. Redbox has more than 43,000 kiosks nationwide, with more new kiosk installations planned in 2018.
"We are thrilled with the distribution deals we have secured with Amazon and Redbox," said Kevin DeWalt, CEO and Producer at Minds Eye Entertainment. "While our theatrical distribution was geared toward VR enthusiasts and early technology adopters, our deals with both partners will now allow us to deliver this unique film to the masses."
Both deals were brokered by Freestyle Releasing.
Directed by Mauro Borelli, The Recall stars Wesley Snipes and Breaking Bad's R.J. Mitte and centers on a group of friends vacationing at a remote cabin lake house. When aliens attack Earth, the friends are forced to rely on an eccentric and mysterious hunter (Wesley Snipes) with special knowledge of the attack.
The Recall premiered in June 2017 with a 2 week exclusive in Barco Escape's panoramic, multi-screen theaters across North America. The film broke new ground for immersive cinema experiences as the first movie shot natively for Barco Escape to release in theaters. Portions of the film were also shot in Virtual Reality to create Abduction, a 12-minute Virtual Reality short featuring Snipes that brings audiences into an alien invasion through the eyes of co-star R.J. Mitte's character. Following the VR release and a two-week exclusive theatrical window in Barco Escape, The Recall opened in select 2D theaters.
Minds Eye Entertainment produced The Recall in association with Bridgegate Pictures Corp, VMI Worldwide and Invico Capital Corporation. Freestyle Releasing is handling North American distribution and VMI Worldwide is distributing internationally. For more information about The Recall please visit http://therecallmovie.com/
Feature film production on The Recall was shot in multiple formats including Barco Escape and made possible through the Creative Saskatchewan Screen-Based Media Production Grant Program, with the participation of the Province of British Columbia Production Services Tax Credit and Canadian Film or Video Production Tax Credit.
Type: EST and Streaming (Amazon), DVD (Redbox)
Running Time: 90 mins
Genre: Sci Fi & Fantasy, Action
Aspect Ratio: 2.39:1
Bonus Content Includes 5 special cast and crew interviews:
- Shooting in Barco Escape: Interviews with Wesley Snipes, R.J. Mitte and filmmakers about Barco Escape technology
- The Set and Locations of The Recall: Highlights the striking beauty of British Columbia with Production Designer Kathy McCoy, Producer Kevin Dewalt and star R.J. Mitte
- The Recall Story: Industry Illustrator and Director Mauro Borrelli's vision for the Science fiction story and how it came to life
- Make-Up FX: A behind-the-scenes look at Director Mauro Borrelli's vision and illustrations and Makeup FX Supervisor Emersen Ziffle's stunning execution
- Virtual Reality (VR): The building blocks and process of telling stories in a first person active experience, rather than a passive 2D format
About Amazon Video: Amazon Video is a premium on-demand entertainment service that offers customers the greatest choice in what to watch, and how to watch it. Amazon Video is the only service that provides all of the following:
- Prime Video: Thousands of movies and TV shows, including popular licensed content plus critically-acclaimed and award-winning Amazon Original Series and Movies from Amazon Studios like Transparent, The Man in the High Castle, Love & Friendship and kids series Tumble Leaf, available for unlimited streaming as part of an Amazon Prime membership. Prime Video is also now available to customers in more than 200 countries and territories around the globe at http://www.primevideo.com.
- Amazon Channels: Over 100 channel subscriptions that Prime members can add to their membership, including HBO, SHOWTIME, STARZ, Cinemax, PBS KIDS, Acorn TV and more, plus Anime Strike - the first curated on-demand subscription by Amazon Channels. To view the full list of channels available, visit http://www.amazon.com/channels
- Rent or Own: Hundreds of thousands of titles, including new-release movies and Current TV shows available for on-demand rental or purchase for all Amazon customers
- Instant Access: Instantly watch anytime, anywhere through the Amazon Video app on TVs, mobile devices, Amazon Fire TV, Fire TV Stick, and Fire tablets, or online. For a list of all compatible devices visit http://www.amazon.com/howtostream
- Premium Features: Top features like 4K Ultra HD, High Dynamic Range (HDR) and mobile downloads for offline viewing of select content
In addition to Prime Video, the Prime membership includes unlimited fast free shipping options across all categories available on Amazon, more than two million songs and thousands of playlists and stations with Prime Music, secure photo storage with Prime Photos, unlimited reading with Prime Reading, unlimited access to a digital audiobook catalogue with Audible Channels for Prime, a rotating selection of free digital games and in-game loot with Twitch Prime, early access to select Lightning Deals, exclusive access and discounts to select items, and more. To sign-up for Prime or to find out more visit: http://www.amazon.com/prime.
About Amazon Amazon is guided by four principles: customer obsession rather than competitor focus, passion for invention, commitment to operational excellence, and long-term thinking. Customer reviews, 1-Click shopping, personalized recommendations, Prime, Fulfillment by Amazon, AWS, Kindle Direct Publishing, Kindle, Fire tablets, Fire TV, Amazon Echo, and Alexa are some of the products and services pioneered by Amazon. For more information, visit http://www.amazon.com/about and follow @AmazonNews.