Jimmy Fallon Hosted SNL Episode Highest Rated Since June
In Late-Night Metered-Market Ratings for Saturday Night:
· An Aug. 19 encore of "Saturday Night Live," with host Jimmy Fallon and musical guest HARRY Styles, has averaged a 2.6 rating, 7 share in households in Nielsen's 56 metered markets and a 0.9/5 in 18-49 in the 25 markets with local people meters.
· It's the top-rated "SNL" in both metered-market households and 18-49 in the local people meterssince June 17 (2.6 in households, 0.9 in 18-49 with host Scarlett Johansson and musical guest Lorde).
· The "Saturday Night Live" encore was the #1 show of the night on the broadcast networks in metered-market households and 18-49 in the local people meters, outrating every Saturday primetime telecast on those nets in both measures.
· Versus the show's year-ago August encore, last night's "Saturday Night Live" is up +18% in metered-market households (2.6 vs. a 2.2 rating).
Saturday Primetime Ratings (Note: These fast-affiliate ratings are subject to significant revision in official nationals due to local preemptions for high-rated NFL preseason football):<
· Regarding Saturday's primetime Nielsens, note that the fast-affiliate ratings that came in at 11 a.m. ET/8 a.m. PT are not time zone-adjusted and are subject to revision for live sporting events. As those preliminary numbers stand, NBC is tied for #1 among the Big 4 networks for the night in adults 18-49and ranks #1 or tied for #1 among those nets in adults 18-34, adults 25-54 and all key adult-male demos.
· In metered-market results, which are time zone-adjusted, last night's NBC Sports 8-10:45 p.m. ETcoverage of Monster Energy NASCAR Cup Series racing from Bristol posted a 2.15 rating in household results from the 56 markets metered by Nielsen Media Research.
· In 18-49 in the local people meters, the race led NBC to the primetime win with an 8-11 p.m. average of a 0.5 in 18-49 in the local people meters.
NOTE: All ratings are "live plus same day" from Nielsen Media Research unless otherwise indicated.